Transformers: Studio Series

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Studio Series

Wed May 25, 2022 1:53 pm

Why is this stupid figure so hard to get? Every Studio Series Transformer has been widely available to order from everywhere, yet a mini Spike figure is pegged to be some chase figure of sorts?
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 2:55 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:51 am
I got my Spike Exo Suit today. I have a Daniel Exo Suit that I got from a KO Masterpiece Bumblebee and was disappointed to see Daniel towers over Spike and is more detailed. Oh well.

You & I go way back across multiple boards, so I hope you know this is coming from a good place:

You're surprised an MP is larger & more detailed than a Studio Series? :lol:
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 4:15 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 2:55 pm
yojoebro82 wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 1:51 am
I got my Spike Exo Suit today. I have a Daniel Exo Suit that I got from a KO Masterpiece Bumblebee and was disappointed to see Daniel towers over Spike and is more detailed. Oh well.

You & I go way back across multiple boards, so I hope you know this is coming from a good place:

You're surprised an MP is larger & more detailed than a Studio Series? :lol:
Oh I gave zero thought to the purchase. Did no research, looked for no comparisons. I also haven't looked closely at Daniel in a while. I just saw someone of FB post that they got theirs from amazon. I thought, "........need Spike.......", ".........cheap.........", "...........go good with Daniel............" I clicked, bought, and forgot about him until he showed up.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 4:17 pm

Fair. Definitely done that before, lol.

*glares at Mafex Astro Boy*

*glares at myself for not finding a review before purchasing*
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 25, 2022 4:18 pm

There are pros and cons to both. Most notably for me, I like that there's a little lever on the back of the SS Spike that allows him to turn his head left and right. Conversely, MP Spike doesn't have that, but you can remove the clear dome to position his head looking up in alt mode. It's been a while since I've messed around with MP Spike's conversion, but I do enjoy the conversion on SS. I'm impressed that they made this figure at all, but glad there's a mainline alternative to the very old MP extra.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 26, 2022 12:15 pm

And the Spike I had preordered at Amazon for a couple weeks shipped and should be here today.
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 3:07 pm

Messing with my 86 Slag and Grimlock, I really want them to do a Slash in this style. I know she wasn't in the movie. But idc. I think a deluxe of her with a scaled up, more articulated version of the PotP figure would be fantastic and look great with the rest of them when they've released the rest. They don't even have to label it 86. They can put it in a Legacy wave or something. Would be so cool.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 27, 2022 3:14 pm

I'd be in for that!
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 28, 2022 6:14 am

BBTS finally put Spike up for pre-order today. I just went ahead and did it so I can stop stalking Amazon.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 01, 2022 2:51 pm

Junkheap has been spotted via Facebook (and packaged upside down in the sealed box found lol)!
Trunks3540
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:33 pm

Hasbro Pulse just put a sale up that lasts till the 6th. All their exclusives are on it, including Beast Wars Ravage. He comes out to $33 when you qualify for the 40% off, which is what he should've been in the first place. That's actually a pretty sweet price now.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Transformers: Studio Series

Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:22 pm

I found Junkheap last night. Nice enough figure. Surprised how quickly I forgot how to transform this guy so soon after getting Wreck Gar in the first place. He has a lot of new parts different from WG - head, back, chest, forearms, forearm armor, motorcycle hood. I got two, one to ride an extra WG, one for WG to ride. I do wish he came with a rifle instead of that windmill axe WG came with. He at least the left forearm has the new armor that looks like it has a gun popping out of it.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:06 am

I found Junkheap at Target today & like Norm, I purchased two so I could display Wreck-Gar riding him & vice versa.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 11, 2022 1:49 am

Do any of you have issues with Wreck Gar having bent/curved spikes coming from his tire axles? Mine came out of package like that, but I haven't tried heating them straight.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sat Jun 11, 2022 4:50 am

NORM wrote:I found Junkheap last night. Nice enough figure. Surprised how quickly I forgot how to transform this guy so soon after getting Wreck Gar in the first place. He has a lot of new parts different from WG - head, back, chest, forearms, forearm armor, motorcycle hood. I got two, one to ride an extra WG, one for WG to ride. I do wish he came with a rifle instead of that windmill axe WG came with. He at least the left forearm has the new armor that looks like it has a gun popping out of it.
That looks awesome, Norm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”