Transformers Shattered Glass

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
Prophet924
Thwipp!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers Shattered Glass

Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:44 pm

To me the color pallet is muted for Autobot overlords and should follow tertiary colors. The heroic Deceptions should be more primary.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:08 pm

Man, I hope they do Earthrise SG Soundwave!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:22 pm

Yeah, I'd be down with SG Soundwave, Hot Rod. I want something from each available mold. Gimme the Bluestreak, Inferno, Huffer, Refraktor, Sideswipe. I know I've bought some of those molds over five times already, but none of those suck either. They're all great and I love the repaints.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:46 pm

I'd be down with an SG Grimlock using the SS86 mold too.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:22 pm

Oooooooh, crap, yeah, I'd buy the SS Hot Rod mold again in black & purple!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:02 am

The line up for 2022 leaked awhile ago:

Ultra Magnus
Blaster
Soundwave
Wheeljack

Might be more but at least those four, think they will be Pulse exclusive again.

I wish Hasbro would use the SS86 Grimlock mold for anything else. SG, definitely. G2, 100%. Just reuse it already.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:30 pm

I’m using Exhaust as my SG Wheeljack. In my head cannon he is a mad scientist for hire. He’s loosely affiliated with the Autobots. But he deals weapons to whomever will pay.

I understand Hasbro wants to do repaints. They have for some included a special accessory. Is Wheeljack known in SG to be associated with cybertronian relics? Or a special weapon?

The Ultra Magnus shows to have been done in the past and it looks like that Laser Optimus Prime they are doing in Legacy. They would just recolor that one wouldn’t they? I know the mold for Seige and Earthrise isn’t in service so using it makes sense to not double up. Actually is it it better for them to run the mold for one then follow up with another run or use a completely different mold simultaneously? I’ve often wondered.

I double they do two minions with Soundwave or Blaster so most likely it will be the white Ravage and red Eject (?) or is that Rewind (?). Surely the headband for Soundwave will be an attachment. Do you think they do the more Cybetronian mold like Seige. He kind of turns into a space age truck sled thing. Blaster will be the boom box. I think the Seige Soundwave fits in better with SG Megatron and Starscream.

I’ll take them all.

Thwipp!

NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:25 pm

I've considered using some of the other repaints as stand ins, but it would bother me because the insignias aren't reversed on those. Gotta have the red Decepticon symbol and purple Autobot symbol.

Starscream arrived today. I always forget the conversion sequence and get tripped up when things get in the way or don't fit. Going through it a second time, it was fine. However, there's one issue where the rocket panel that covers his face in jet mode won't click in all the way because his head gets in the way. Maybe I'm not tucking the head in far enough, but I was forcing it and it still wouldn't go any further. I do like the colors, though a little more blue would be appreciated. At least the bisected sword provides that. I understand they were emulating Jetfire's colors. It's weird because Starscream's regular colors are already pretty "heroic" looking. I always liked that his "red white and blue" didn't necessarily represent "good".
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:49 pm

I bought Toyhax stickers to solve that problem.

I left Exhausts insignia alone. He isn’t Autobot or Decepticon. Just a crazy azz scientist who is amoral. Wheeljack would take crazy risks as it was. To me he’s part Wu from Jurassic World and a chop shop custom mechanic. I probably see him in personality like Doc Brown. Scattered. Always tinkering. But he’s much more ruthless. Kind of turn on ya then tell you he’s just messing with you…

His hub is just known as the Garage. It’s a lot like the TARDIS traversing space/time within a certain time range. He’s got ten years he moves around in. It’s never in one place so neither faction especially the Autobots can’t keep a beat on him. He like Prime is a student of the Cybertronian relics.

I used the weaponizer bots in Frankenstein like builds as his minions\crew. His closest Autobot ally is Goldbug. Goldbug holds one of the few keys to the Garage. He can summon Wheeljack but only get three chances like that of a genie.

Yeah it’s fun to create head cannon. I have those comics but I haven’t read them well other than the first one. In my head Starscream is Lancelot as a very capable warrior. He kind of got his chain yanked quite a bit with Blurr. I may read all five when I get Starscream…I may not. More fun to create.

Starscream should be here today. Very excited!

Thwipp!

Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:01 pm

Ultra Magnus will likely be the Siege / Earthrise mold since he looks like that in the comic, and he can double dip as a Delta Magnus too.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:46 pm

Prophet924 wrote:
Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:49 pm
I bought Toyhax stickers to solve that problem.

I left Exhausts insignia alone. He isn’t Autobot or Decepticon. Just a crazy azz scientist who is amoral. Wheeljack would take crazy risks as it was. To me he’s part Wu from Jurassic World and a chop shop custom mechanic. I probably see him in personality like Doc Brown. Scattered. Always tinkering. But he’s much more ruthless. Kind of turn on ya then tell you he’s just messing with you…

His hub is just known as the Garage. It’s a lot like the TARDIS traversing space/time within a certain time range. He’s got ten years he moves around in. It’s never in one place so neither faction especially the Autobots can’t keep a beat on him. He like Prime is a student of the Cybertronian relics.

I used the weaponizer bots in Frankenstein like builds as his minions\crew. His closest Autobot ally is Goldbug. Goldbug holds one of the few keys to the Garage. He can summon Wheeljack but only get three chances like that of a genie.

Yeah it’s fun to create head cannon. I have those comics but I haven’t read them well other than the first one. In my head Starscream is Lancelot as a very capable warrior. He kind of got his chain yanked quite a bit with Blurr. I may read all five when I get Starscream…I may not. More fun to create.

Starscream should be here today. Very excited!

Thwipp!

That sounds like a lot of fun. I'm no good at fleshing out head canon.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Transformers Shattered Glass

Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:05 am

Yeah I’m in bed sick with Cold/Flu but it wasn’t going to stop me from playing around with this guy. He’s just so striking. It’s a simple color scheme but it works. This figure is so darn posable. I want to see if I could get him in a dual handed sword pose. Works pretty good. Him dual wielding is great too. I like the guns they give the figures but the melee weapons give them character.

Update: got the upgrade kit. Now has a double barrel blaster sand some cool shoulder armor pieces that will hold the swords.

Thwipp!

chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:25 pm

Roufuss wrote:
I wish Hasbro would use the SS86 Grimlock mold for anything else. SG, definitely. G2, 100%. Just reuse it already.
I 10000% second this. It's crazy this thing doesn't already have a repaint in the pipeline and its one of the few molds I love so much that I'd gladly re-buy it in G2 colors, SG colors, and hell even a "toy" version with tampos or chrome gold and foil stickers for all that G1 goodness like the toy colors Galvatron (literally the only time I'm ok with stickers). I'm just so happy we finally got a mainline Grimlock that doesn't suck.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:44 pm

chaosMonkeyPoo wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:25 pm
Roufuss wrote:
I 10000% second this. It's crazy this thing doesn't already have a repaint in the pipeline and its one of the few molds I love so much that I'd gladly re-buy it in G2 colors, SG colors, and hell even a "toy" version with tampos or chrome gold and foil stickers for all that G1 goodness like the toy colors Galvatron (literally the only time I'm ok with stickers). I'm just so happy we finally got a mainline Grimlock that doesn't suck.
Agreed!

I can’t believe we are up to three Galvatrons now and can’t even get one more Grimlock. A G2 version is right there, just paint the thing blue and make it a Selects and you’re good to go.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:59 pm

I knew...I KNEW if they ever made a Powermaster Prime, the inner bot that is my favorite "Optimus paint scheme" would be an Ultra Magnus mold...

...but I'm still not happy with it.

(Still gonna buy it. Still gonna hope they decide to milk the ER OP mold more by doing, like, a Pulse exclusive 2-pack of "White Prime" and "Blue Prime.")

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”