Transformers: Legacy

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Legacy

Tue Dec 07, 2021 10:41 pm

That...sounds dumb. Yet another Menasor I won't want in my collection.

I just want an upsized FansProject Intimidator or a downsized Transform Mission Havoc. *sigh*
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 1:55 am

I think I want to see it first.

Menasor gestalt form is the key to me. I really don’t care about the individual Stuntacons.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:08 am

Roufuss wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:14 am
The current leak is that each part of Menasor is inspired by an alternate universe.

Dragstrip is G1, Dead End takes cues from the G1 version but has purple windows like the ROTF figure. Menasor’s trailer supposedly has nods to RID15.

The biggest one that has people talking is Breakdown is supposedly the Prime version, not the G1 version (but will still combine).

In regards to Roadbuster and Whirl, I’d prefer if they did re-release they had modern quality of life touches like ankle tilts.
This sounds like trash to be honest. Why would Drag be G1 but everything else an amalgamation of all things awful? I've been waiting like 30 years for a classic modern retail G1 inspired Motomaster... don't let me down Hasbro
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:07 am

mattmurdog wrote:
Wed Dec 08, 2021 2:08 am
Roufuss wrote:
Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:14 am
The current leak is that each part of Menasor is inspired by an alternate universe.

Dragstrip is G1, Dead End takes cues from the G1 version but has purple windows like the ROTF figure. Menasor’s trailer supposedly has nods to RID15.

The biggest one that has people talking is Breakdown is supposedly the Prime version, not the G1 version (but will still combine).

In regards to Roadbuster and Whirl, I’d prefer if they did re-release they had modern quality of life touches like ankle tilts.
This sounds like trash to be honest. Why would Drag be G1 but everything else an amalgamation of all things awful? I've been waiting like 30 years for a classic modern retail G1 inspired Motomaster... don't let me down Hasbro
I’m positive that even if this leak is true (and the leakers who dropped this are incredibly accurate so far), Hasbro will drop a G1 Breakdown as a Selects figure down the line.

I recall them doing this in Combiner Wars too. Each team got a new member and then the old member was a separate release.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 3:25 pm

I haven't read that rumor, and would find that very surprising given what they've done with the WFC line aesthetics up to this point.

EDIT: Looking into this, it seems that the Stunticon designs all being from different sources was, "Someone thinking they're cute on a discord chat when in fact they're intentionally spreading misinformation for kicks."

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:03 pm

Thank God. I would not want Stunticons from different eras. Just give me stable G1 WFC styled versions and I’ll be happy.

Cuz if one of the Arielbots ends up being a helicopter, I will be seriously ticked off. Lol.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:47 pm

It's futile for me to think I won't rebuy all of these combiners again, but I don't have to be happy about it right now! I do have preferences I'd like to see them prioritize. First, PLEASE DON'T draw it out. Release full teams all at once. None of this 3/5-4/5 boolsheet. Second, I want Abominus most, and Bruticus behind him. Then Computron, Defensor, Superion are how I'd prioritize the rest.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:43 am

I'm happy to be getting the Stunticons first as I feel they are the team I'm most in need of an upgrade in the WFC scale. Having TFC's Hercules, Uranos, and Prometheus along with Warbotron, I feel I have Devastator, Superion, Defensor, and Bruticus covered. I have Fans Projects' Menasor and that's the one that hasn't aged as well and is way undersized.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:33 pm

^ That.

I've been way more satisfied with my 3rd Party combiners (all TFC except Warbotron) than I have with what was released officially, but haven't liked any Menasors except TFM's, which is MP-sized, which doesn't work when the rest of my cars are deluxe & my trucks are voyager. I want Onslaught & Optimus Prime to be the same size.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:55 pm

I don't have any 3rd party combiners in retail/CHUG scale or Masterpiece scale (except Unique Toys Abominus). Maybe 3% of my retail scale figures are 3P. So the only combiners I have are from Combiner Wars. Most of which I was satisfied with, but they clearly don't fit with the new War For Cybertron aesthetic. They work fine with CHUG and will stay in that collection, but I consider that separate from WFC. I welcome WFC/G1 styled combiners, I just wish Combiner Wars went in that direction to begin with. Seems like only yesterday that the Prime Trilogy happened, and such a short time ago to be already updating what I've always felt were very peripheral characters.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 28, 2021 2:58 pm

JTPrime posted this upcoming list over at TFW2005:

Walmart:
Velocitron deluxe Clamp Down
Velocitron deluxe Burn Out
Velocitron deluxe Blurr
Velocitron deluxe Cosmos
Velocitron deluxe Road Rocket
Velocitron Voyager Road Hauler
Velocitron Voyager Override
Velocitron Leader Black Convoy with Tanker

Target:
Buzzworthy Legacy Deluxe Silverstreak
Buzzworthy legacy Multipack (Gold Bug, Ransack, Toy Scorponok, Paralyzer)
Buzzworthy Legacy Deluxe Toy deco Terrorsaur
Buzzworthy Legacy Accessory Pack (Red Cog)

Walgreens:
Legacy Deluxe Minerva

Amazon:
Legacy Wreckers deluxe Impactor
Legacy Wreckers deluxe Twintwist (saltman)
Legacy Wreckers deluxe Topspin (saltman)
Legacy Wreckers deluxe Leadfoot
Legacy Wreckers voyager Springer
Legacy wreckers voyager Bulkhead redeco
Legacy Deluxe Fractyl

Fan Channel (subject to change):
Legacy deluxe Beast Wars Sandstorm
Legacy deluxe Nightprowler
Legacy deluxe beast wars Buzzsaw
Legacy Selects Deluxe DK3
Legacy Selects Deluxe Guard
Legacy Selects Deluxe LiftTicket
Legacy Selects voyager Cyclonus’ Armada

Hasbro pulse:
Legacy Pulsecon set (Deluxe Orion Pax and Voyager Alpha Trion)

Unknown where they’re going to end up, but are a thing:
Core class Packrat
Voyager Antagony
Titan Guardian Robot

Of these, I look forward to seeing how Cosmos and Gold Bug turn out. And I welcome the repaints for Clamp Down, Burn Out, Road Hauler, Top Spin and Twin Twist.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:33 pm

What does Velocitron mean? I can tell from those lists that I’m only probably getting less than half of the figures. Maybe even less than a quarter. Still would like to see images though once available. Kinda bummed no mention of Gears, Windcharger, or Brawn.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:41 pm

I believe Velocitron (Walmart) and Buzzworthy (Target) are the retailer-specific sub-names for the Legacy Line.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 28, 2021 5:38 pm

Isn't Velocitron one of the planets named in the Amazon exclusives from a couple years ago?

There isn't a LOT that I'm clamoring for. The Wreckers look appealing, and I'm a sucker for that Cyclonus mold, so it'll be great if that figure is the darker purple of the original vintage toy to match with the Studio Series Sweep. But I don't recognize the majority of names listed there. Looking forward to reveals of Cosmos, Gold Bug, Silverstreak.
Chooch
CROM!

Tue Dec 28, 2021 11:04 pm

These are almost if not all repaints as exclusives to get another use out of a mold. Lots of cases of them being names used by previous repaints from earlier lines. Velocitron is/was the speed planet from Transformers: Cybertron and then folded into the IDWverse.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”