Transformers: Legacy

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers: Legacy

Sat Oct 23, 2021 10:53 am

I’m a little annoyed that I’m gonna wind up buying every combiner again. I’m sure they’ll look great once assembled and complete, but that’s gonna be an eternally slow roll out, and these cost a lot more now than they did just a few years ago through Combiner Wars.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 23, 2021 3:31 pm

The price creep is going to be a big factor with me going forward with this line in 2022. I’m probably going to really restrict myself to remaining G1 era TFs and only those I have an attachment to. I already skipped backing Star Saber and thinking of canceling Prime Arcee and Bulkhead. It wouldn’t be a problem if TFs were the only thing I collect, but being all in on Joe Classifieds, Xmen and Thor related ML, and Masterverse, I’ve gotta cut back a lot. I now find myself buying more Macfarlane DC Multiverse too as well. I don’t think I can afford going to any more releases of a Beast Wars, Energon, etc.

The only one I may make an exception for is Optimus. I may buy at least one figure if him from ever line. Cuz we’ll…….it’s Optimus.
TonyStark517
Avengers Assemble

Sat Oct 23, 2021 5:18 pm

On the fence about Dragstrip/Stunticons. I can't see justifying having the CW version and a new on so one will have to go.

G2 Prime at least has me excited for the probable Scourge repaint so that's something.

Might be time to at least prune some of the collection in anticipation of these like the last Laser Prime. And maybe Menasor.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:29 pm

Stunticons sound really cool. Motormaster will be the cab then the trailer is a base and the frame of Menasor. Car limbs split in half so elbow joint is on the frame. I guess recent 3P executions did it this way.

I preordered Bulkhead - looking forward to more new characters in the WFC aesthetic.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 30, 2021 8:15 pm

I have five full combiner wars-combiners with 3rd party bits on my shelf and a couple more binned up...there's a very slim chance I'll be interested in repeating them. Especially going in one-at-a-time sight-unseen...it's a hard sell. Legacy is looking to be just another TF line that goes half-heartedly in a bunch of different directions. Which could be good for those of us who cherry-pick the line, but doesn't really make the toyline seem very interesting as a whole.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:18 am

It's not half hearted at all. I read a roundtable interview and they're throwing out names like Thunderwing and Machine Wars. These guys are into it and streamlining the aesthetic makes it wholly more interesting in my opinion. Prime Wars was fun, but not as dedicated, I can buy that as half hearted not nothing since WFC has been less that a new higher standard.

If I were you though I would feel that way about the combiners - that's a LOT to replace. I have The Protectobots but never combined them. Looking forward to the next iteration for sure.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat Nov 27, 2021 6:48 pm

The Slag channel on YouTube is talking about a Wreckers sub line for Amazon. I managed to get Topspin from the Titans return figures. Pretty sweet. Missed Twin Twist. May get a Topspin and Twin Twist repaint in this sub line.

With Bulkhead coming and the Lift Ticket which has Wrecker on the side of the Hoist repaint it makes sense for Amazon to jump on board this niche group.

I haven’t read the comics but I’m familiar and intrigued by this group. I had got Roadbuster and Whirl back in the day. I was kind of hoping they were going to re-make these in the WFC mode.

Cool idea. I’m a sucker for these sub lines.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ditko
Thread Killer

Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:29 am

Yeah I would have liked a WFC Roadbuster and Whirl for sure! Seems that's a possibility again, but they'd need dedicated molds I think.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:26 pm

The Generations/Legends Roadbuster and Whirl are a fairly accurate depictions of the G1s, so I don't know if they would need new molds.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Roadbuster_(G1)#Toys

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Whirl_(G1)#Toys

TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:32 pm

Well, hopefully I can sell mine before they're rereleased then, lol.
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Wed Dec 01, 2021 6:41 am

I really dislike the legs on Whirl but the rest is cool. Roadbuster is my favorite of the two! I’d like WFC aesthetic on them as well as scale.

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ditko
Thread Killer

Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:41 am

Lots of people state those are already accurate to G1 and I 100% agree.....BUT WFC has a lot of greebling on it that is a trademark of the modern updates since SIEGE. So I would need at least some of that or at the very least a little paint deco like Hoist has or Springer to make it feel more modern personally.

I own both of those and they were highwater marks then and still hold up.
Aggro Ninja
Super Poseable

Thu Dec 02, 2021 3:40 pm

I dunno, while I agree that Generations Whirl and Roadbuster are both good figures, they each have flaws. The legs on Whirl are not good and Roadbuster looks a bit spindly in some areas and mine is a bit of a floppy mess. I think HasTak taking another pass at the engineering would produce even better figures that I'd buy in a heartbeat.
ditko
Thread Killer

Mon Dec 06, 2021 4:12 am

Agreed!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:14 am

The current leak is that each part of Menasor is inspired by an alternate universe.

Dragstrip is G1, Dead End takes cues from the G1 version but has purple windows like the ROTF figure. Menasor’s trailer supposedly has nods to RID15.

The biggest one that has people talking is Breakdown is supposedly the Prime version, not the G1 version (but will still combine).

In regards to Roadbuster and Whirl, I’d prefer if they did re-release they had modern quality of life touches like ankle tilts.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”