Transformers R.E.D. (Walmart Exclusive)

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
MikeTRobot
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Transformers R.E.D. (Walmart Exclusive)

Wed Mar 03, 2021 7:45 pm

mr_mxyzptlk wrote:
Wed Mar 03, 2021 6:24 pm
Just got the notification my Cheetor shipped. Estimated Friday.
I can't wait to see it. If it's as good as I hope I'll be all in for the RED Beast Wars. The kingdom figures look nice, but don't quite hit the mark for me. Black Arachnia is smaller than I'd like.
After Starscream ships in June I think I'm done with G1. I'll have a nice Decepticon Power Trio with Megatron, Soundwave, and Starscream.
Then I think it will be Beast Wars only.

A really solid Prowl, especially from the 2002 Robots In Disguise, would bring me in and would be my only Autobot though...

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind
Oh man, I hope mine ships soon. I just checked on Walmart.com and it no longer says shipping soon. Is that a good or bad sign?
MikeTRobot
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:39 pm

Update, mine has shipped and it will be here Friday, or so they say.
Neil Magnum
Avengers Assemble

Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:52 pm

I got mine delivered this morning. Here it is with the Optimus Primal. My memory says Cheetor was smaller than Optimus, but in posing, it probably won't matter much. The knees on Cheetor are loose, not so loose it can stand, but much more than I'd like. I like the look, very clean. Would get all the Beast Wars in this style.

MikeTRobot
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:04 pm

Got my Cheetor today too. Very impressed with the shipping times. Not as much with the figure. His legs are loose, but he can still stand. Not the best paint in a few spots. I am happy with him, but I prefer the masterpiece figure so much more.
mr_mxyzptlk
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:20 pm

I've had Cheetor for several days now as well. Overall I'd give him a 6.5/10.
Biggest gripe his his arms are loose and his gun is HEAVY. Loose arm and elbow, along with also wrist on his right gun hand. He can't hold the gun in that hand without it pulling it down and flopping. He can hold it in the left. But if you use either blast effect, forget it.
I would have rather had his tail/sword than those wimpy blast effects.
The crystal is neat, though I admit I don't specifically recall it from the show. Were those energon crystals?
His anklea could also use a bit more tilt. He was a very agile, athletic fighter and character.

Lastly, I feel the blue should be a bit more intense. Though looking at Google, the more muted color is accurate to a number of images. I just overall would have preferred a bit more color saturation.

Sent from The Void using My Incredible Mind

GrumpyMatt
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Mar 23, 2021 5:12 pm

Spotted Arcee and Cheetor at a local Walmart yesterday. Not really into either design so I left them, but they are hitting stores. There was quite a few on hand, maybe multiple cases.

Bring on Starscream.
PresidentJuggernaut
Super Poseable

Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:59 pm

I picked up Megatron, and he's okay. I haven't been able to find a Prime that doesn't have really thick, sloppy looking paint applications. I get that they are cartoon based, but the details should be sharper then they are, and the articulation should go farther too. Honestly the robot mode is so clean and articulated on the Earthrise Optimus Prime, it kind of kills my interest in these. Years ago, I would have loved this idea, but what's the point if the transforming figure robot modes are just about as good.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:02 pm

I feel like the plastic quality is getting worse on these.

Just opened up Arcee and her joints feel simultaneously gummy and too loose. Her legs are surprisingly loose at the knees and hips.

Her knees barely can get a 90 degree bend, her guns don’t really fit on her hands that well, and her blade effects are just solid gray instead of purple like on the package.

This feels like something Hasbro of 7 years or so would have put out quality wise, not the Hasbro of today. I can’t recall having issues like this on any other recent Hasbro figure.
christianpyro
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Apr 10, 2021 7:48 am

I bought a Cheetor from Hasbro Pulse and it arrived today. I really like it. I find it interesting that so many say his joints are loose, mine was pretty tight. In fact I can't get any up/down hinge in his waist. Is is supposed to articulate? It looks like it should.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:47 pm

Saw a bunch of the new wave mixed with some first wave. I picked up Arcee as I kinda like that look. The only joint problem I have is her left knee spins freely. I took the lower leg off and put some floor polish in the peg hole and reassembled. It helped add some resistance, but I think the problem is her lower leg is very heavy and the knee joint isn't beefy enough to handle it. The peg that connects into the upper leg section is very thin.

Her hands and weapons swap out and stay in well enough. Not sure why her gun hands have wrist hinges, but I'll go along with it. And yep, Hasbro goofed with the effect pieces that should have been a clear purple instead of solid gray.

One thing I noticed looking at the box is that Arcee was made in Vietnam and not China like other Hasbro figures I have handy. I wonder if that could account for some of the issues this line seems to have if they are using a newer factory. This is the first time I've noticed Hasbro figures made there, but it may have been going on for a while and I just missed it.

I'm not a huge Transformers fan and only have Megatron from the first wave (luckily he has no problems). I may pick up more if I like their looks. Hopefully going forward, Hasbro will tighten up the quailty issues that have hit some of these.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 5:01 am

Bumblebee is looking real big. This line is just full of baffling decisions, from scaling to the plastic used, it's all just really odd.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 5:14 am

Megazarak wrote:Bumblebee is looking real big. This line is just full of baffling decisions, from scaling to the plastic used, it's all just really odd.
Well I'm out on this line with that news. I had hoped that he wouldn't be as big as we feared. Making him the same size as the others is just an incompetent decision on Hasbro's part.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Sat May 08, 2021 5:53 pm

That is an incredibly baffling decision and pretty much kills my enthusiasm going forward.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Sat May 08, 2021 8:40 pm

I still might be interested in that Bee to go along with the Super7 Optimus. But I'd have to buy that Bee now, and wait for S7 to fulfill that Optimus in 5-10 years.
Handsome
CROM!

Sun May 09, 2021 5:46 pm

That's disappointing. I have the RED line Optimus Prime, and individually I'm fine with him. He's not perfect, but I could live with it for the most part. But yeah, the lack of proper scale is going to keep me from going deeper in this line.

I know the Super 7 Ultimates are another option for non-transforming figures, but not sure I want to drop $50 a figure. It would be nice if there was a 6" line under $30, what the RED line should have been.

I just wish fans weren't so stubborn about Transformers figures having to transform. Mutant Turtle figures don't literally mutate. Maybe then we'd get some more options for non-transforming figures for those of us who only want to display them in robot mode.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”