Fwoosh Official TF Generations Top 10 Vote

BAH WEEP GRANAH WEEP NINI BONG! - Transformers! G1, MP, Third Party, Prime, Beast, whatever your little spark desires!
ditko
Thread Killer
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Fwoosh Official TF Generations Top 10 Vote

Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:24 am

AcademyofDrX wrote:
Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:57 pm
They just reissued the Titan class Devastator, and I don't expect they'll redo them at that scale anytime soon. I have the UW version, but I don't think the relatively minor differences in functionality or deco invalidate the CW version. Maybe this is just because I'm not interested in what "3P" does, but I don't know what improvements could be expected that would justify the level of effort.
Sometimes re-releasing a mold is "one last go round" before replacing it with something better. Get as much as you can before it's obsolete. The Constructicons were discussed for SS'86 but held back or scrapped. That line did "overwhelmingly well" and we are getting Combiners next year I hear so never say never. I bought Devy in 2015 and a LOT has changed since then.

I don't see it for a couple years, but I do (hopefully) see it.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:10 pm

The following is a list posted at TWF2005 of the rumored plan for 2021/22/23:

WFC:
Motormaster
Breakdown
Wildrider
Dead End
Dragstrip
Blitzwing
Galvatron II
Blaster
Sludge
Snarl
Perceptor
Goldbug
TFP Optimus/Bulkhead

Studio Series '86:
Kickback
Shrapnel
Bombshell
Gnaw
Wreck-Gar
Junkion
Slug
Swoop
Starscream
Generic Sweep

Obviously, still a rumor but there were follow up comments saying a lot of the list matches up with leaks and info. So, if accurate, very happy to see the Insecticons, Blaster, Perceptor and the Stunticons join the full Dinobots lineup in WFC. I'm especially interested to see if they can pull off a combiner that lives up to the bar set by WFC.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:02 pm

Is Slug supposed to be Sludge or Slag?
RoboKillah
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:39 pm

I'm guessing Slag since Sludge is in the WFC list.
NORM

Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:46 pm

RoboKillah wrote:
Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:39 pm
I'm guessing Slag since Sludge is in the WFC list.
Your old eyes are better than my old eyes
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Apr 29, 2021 9:30 pm

Apparently, "slag" is a term of abuse in the UK and other parts of Europe so Slag's name was changed to Slug in the Fall of Cybertron video game.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Slug_(G1)#Slug
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:06 am

sepster wrote:Apparently, "slag" is a term of abuse in the UK and other parts of Europe so Slag's name was changed to Slug in the Fall of Cybertron video game.

https://tfwiki.net/wiki/Slug_(G1)#Slug
A synonym of slut. I remember slag being used commonly on TV shows in the 80s in the UK. I haven't heard it used in recent times, but I don't watch any UK shows so don't quote that as fact!
Thatman
Avengers Assemble

Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:35 pm

So Sureshot got more votes than Pointblank? I'd have to assume most people voting for one would vote for the other as well, but apparently not all Targetmasters are created equal. :D
NORM

Fri Apr 30, 2021 4:19 pm

Thatman wrote:
So Sureshot got more votes than Pointblank? I'd have to assume most people voting for one would vote for the other as well, but apparently not all Targetmasters are created equal. :D
This was the most disappointing aspect of the poll, as Point Blank is my absolute most wanted figure right now. I could actually live without Sure Shot, but I'm sure that once we get one or the other, the desire for the last one will be overwhelming.
Chooch
Avengers Assemble

Fri Apr 30, 2021 11:55 pm

I could see them doing the Targetmasters with a re-done Crosshairs. Half-hearted re-decos like Crosshairs, Quake, and Getaway deserve new molds.
NORM

Sat May 01, 2021 2:51 am

I actually thought the reuse for Crosshairs was inspired, but maybe I don’t have that strong an attachment to Crosshairs. I did have him as a kid, and I always kinda looked down on him because he was so tubby. I was more bummed that they went with his anime head rather than his toy head, which I’m way more familiar with.
ditko
Thread Killer

Sat May 01, 2021 4:00 am

I knew about most of those a bit ago from leaks and such so think we may see some of them in late 2021. That list wouldn't constitute 2022-2023 although they say G1 is only 60% ish.

I tend to think getting Stunticons means an Autobot combiner is probably coming too? I heard Protectobots rumored. In any case I'm psyched. It sounded like Titans were still on deck, but maybe not next year?
Prophet924
Thwipp!

Sat May 01, 2021 5:00 am

WFC style Stunticons with a more stable combine method would be sweet!

Thwipp!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 01, 2021 9:30 pm

Thatman wrote:So Sureshot got more votes than Pointblank? I'd have to assume most people voting for one would vote for the other as well, but apparently not all Targetmasters are created equal. :D
NORM wrote:
Thatman wrote:
This was the most disappointing aspect of the poll, as Point Blank is my absolute most wanted figure right now. I could actually live without Sure Shot, but I'm sure that once we get one or the other, the desire for the last one will be overwhelming.
For me it was picking the character least likely to be done, and/or cannot be easily customised.

So I'd pick Sureshot over Pointblank because I got an extra CounterPunch to make a custom. And I chose Hosehead over Nightbeat or Siren because I can make decent customs of them with TR Getaway. And also Nightbeat has a good chance of getting done without the aid of a fan poll anyhow.
sepster
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 03, 2021 5:48 pm

I've seen rumors that "Evolutions" will be the next line title that follows War for Cybertron. So, for the next year or so, G1-inspired Generations figures will be in Studio Series '86 and Evolutions.

Return to “The Ark: The Unofficial Transformers Toy Board”