New MOTU Kids' Line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
felgekarp
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: New MOTU Kids' Line

Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:01 am

I think trap jaw looks kind of interesting, not sure if he’ll be worth picking up though.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:14 pm

Not the biggest fan of the heavy tech angle based on the trailer, like Orko apparently being a little droid now or something, but it's a kid-aimed show, kids like tech, so whatever, go wild.

I do like Skeletor and his warriors a lot, though. I think those designs look great in-motion. Plus what they're doing with Skeletor and his relationship to Adam is really interesting, too.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:45 pm

These things are WEIRD. I really don't know what to make of them, nor could I possibly prognosticate on how well these will resonate with kids these days. I do respect that they went hard on the redesigns and are making this a very unique MOTU aesthetic that will definitely stand out. I can't think of many things that look quite like it, for better or for worse. It'll be nice if it clicks with kids and doesn't fizzle and fade into history like NA did.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Aug 21, 2021 12:21 am

jimbles wrote:
Fri Aug 20, 2021 5:45 pm
These things are WEIRD. I really don't know what to make of them, nor could I possibly prognosticate on how well these will resonate with kids these days. I do respect that they went hard on the redesigns and are making this a very unique MOTU aesthetic that will definitely stand out. I can't think of many things that look quite like it, for better or for worse. It'll be nice if it clicks with kids and doesn't fizzle and fade into history like NA did.
Basing this just off what my son watches.. it looks like this entire show is Power Rangers through the Power Players filter. Which is fine in theory, I suppose. Again, these aren't aimed at adults so it's not worthwhile to say 'I think these designs are all absolute ass.' Which I do.

What I find really interesting is how excited my son was about this show based on seeing the toys, and how utterly disinterested he was after seeing the trailer. Obviously it's not the designs themselves that turned him off, because he LIKES those. But man, he just really, really hated the trailer and looked positively offended by it.
scribb
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:54 am

Ash Talon wrote:Most of these designs are just so busy. Must be a pain to animate.
CGI is it not? It's just one skin applied over a 3D structural skeleton. So the "skin" only needs done once.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:54 am

I have been seeing Evil Lyn a lot lately at Wal-Mart. But I always pass on her. But then today I came across the all yellow, shiny He-Man variant where he's powering up. So, I picked that up. I liked the kids cartoon, it was funny and pretty enjoyable. But I definitely won't be getting many of the figures from this line. Origins and Masterverse are where it's at for me. But I wanted He-Man, Power Up He-Man, and Skeletor which I now have. And I want Prince Adam and Battle Cat.

If they ever make the baby cubs from Cringers streak of Tiger's I will get any and all of those too. Because they were adorable.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:25 am

I had never planned to buy any of the 8" figures from this line. But I recently saw pics of the Deluxe Battle Armor Skeletor at the $20 price point coming soon, with all the translucent green Havoc Armor pieces. And I knew I wanted that thing, so I had to get the Battle Armor He-Man. Unbelievably, though my local Wal-Mart is practically wiped of toys right now, they got in the $20 Battle Armor He-Man.

So, I picked it up as well as the Havoc Snake Playset for the basic size figures.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:48 am

So, Season 2 of the show starts March 3rd of this year. I'm honestly excited. I really enjoyed Season 1. It was very different than any other He-Man show or story, but something about it worked for me. When it came to the toys at first, I thought I'd just buy a couple figures from this toy line. But I have really come to like and enjoy these little figures and their designs. I'm kind of surprised, but I actually find them really fun.
KnightDamien

Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:59 pm

Super Camel wrote: So, Season 2 of the show starts March 3rd of this year. I'm honestly excited. I really enjoyed Season 1. It was very different than any other He-Man show or story, but something about it worked for me.
Totally agree. I expected I'd probably hate it, but it's actually quite good. Definitely not 'my' He-Man, but a really fun story and interesting take on the mythos with some amazingly fun nods for old people like me. My son jumped out of his chair when I told him Season 2 was confirmed and would be out in barely over a month.
Super Camel wrote: But I have really come to like and enjoy these little figures and their designs. I'm kind of surprised, but I actually find them really fun.
I wish my son was that into them. We got him He-Man and Skeletor and he hates them. I think he's become spoiled by super poseable figures. So now he just wants to see the new designs as part of Masterverse so he can 'have fun toys from his show.'
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 28, 2022 3:19 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:59 pm
Super Camel wrote: So, Season 2 of the show starts March 3rd of this year. I'm honestly excited. I really enjoyed Season 1. It was very different than any other He-Man show or story, but something about it worked for me.
Totally agree. I expected I'd probably hate it, but it's actually quite good. Definitely not 'my' He-Man, but a really fun story and interesting take on the mythos with some amazingly fun nods for old people like me. My son jumped out of his chair when I told him Season 2 was confirmed and would be out in barely over a month.
Super Camel wrote: But I have really come to like and enjoy these little figures and their designs. I'm kind of surprised, but I actually find them really fun.
I wish my son was that into them. We got him He-Man and Skeletor and he hates them. I think he's become spoiled by super poseable figures. So now he just wants to see the new designs as part of Masterverse so he can 'have fun toys from his show.'
Thats a good thing though, being spoiled by super poseable figures :) It's also a sign of awesome parents scoring him nice, more adult collector driven stuff. Also, I would imagine Dad letting him play with his personal stuff as well.

I hope the Masterverse version of figures based on this show offers something your son really enjoys. That way he can have some toys to play out the adventures of the show he likes so much. I'm really interested to see how the Masterverse figures of this show turn out.

Hopefully, we're all happy. Did your son see the roleplay Power Sword toy that lights up for the show that's coming out?
KnightDamien

Fri Jan 28, 2022 4:34 am

Super Camel wrote: Did your son see the roleplay Power Sword toy that lights up for the show that's coming out?
He did. His exact reaction when my wife showed it to him on her phone was a few seconds of looking up from the video game he was playing just to say 'that's not really the power sword, though.'
Just like his old man, he may like the new show, but he isn't a big fan of the sword redesign. He likes the Revelation one the best. He's still hoping that maybe for Halloween someone will do a cheap version of the vintage or Revelation style sword he can play with.

Super Camel wrote: I hope the Masterverse version of figures based on this show offers something your son really enjoys. That way he can have some toys to play out the adventures of the show he likes so much. I'm really interested to see how the Masterverse figures of this show turn out.
For sure. Actually, and KIND of dovetailing back in to the actual line this thread is about, but only sort've.... I'd really love to see them do Origins versions of the CGI characters. Because then they'd be in scale with the new show vehicles so he could still enjoy those. He has been needling me a little bit to get the Snake Mountain playset, but I'm just not sure if it's worth it given that he doesn't even like the accompanying figures.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 11, 2022 10:20 pm

I found some new figures today at Wal-Mart. I got Ram M'am and Man E Faces. Both are really fun, really cool figures. But I love this Man E Faces figure. Much cooler looking than it seems in the pictures online where you can pre order it. His feature is really cool, he is a much bigger, bulkier figure than others, he has lots of details, and his loin cloth is actual soft goods.

I also got Man At Arms in today from Amazon.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:29 am

Today I got the Sorceress and Battle Cat! As all these little figures are, the Sorceress is a fun, unique, cool little figure. But Battle Cat is awesome! If you buy nothing else from this line, pick up Battle Cat and a He-Man figure.

Where some characters in this show don't look like any other iteration of said character, Battle Cat feels both new and unique, yet very familiar. He has a very 200X Battle Cat vibe. He has a claw striking action figure, and for the first time Battle Cats saddle is made to plug He-Man right on so he will stay seated. And the He-Man figure fits very snug and secure on the saddle.

So, you can really move Battle Cat around, pose him crazy, or kids could really be playing with him, and He-Man stays right on.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:28 pm

Looks like a Castle Grayskull playset is coming for the CGI Netflix show.

https://toynewsi.com/241-41843
canprime
Avengers Assemble

Tue Feb 22, 2022 11:39 am

Super Camel wrote:
Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:28 pm
Looks like a Castle Grayskull playset is coming for the CGI Netflix show.

https://toynewsi.com/241-41843
That is a neat playset. I like how interactive it is, and it does a passable job of evoking the look of Grayskull from the show.

I think the only question left is price. There was the rumour a few weeks back that a new playset/Grayskull was coming out, but the price was $140US. If this thing is over $100US it will be a tough sell.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”

Recent Topics