Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:44 pm

vicious7171 wrote:
Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:14 pm
I finally picked up Tri-Klops on sale at Target and he's neat but...anyone else really underwhelmed with the eyes? I don't know if it's cartoon-accurate or what, but it is very boring. Three eyes that look the same with slightly-different shapes. Snooze!
I'm not particularly impressed with them either. I think they're close in design to what showed up in the Filmation series as well as Revelations. But the vintage figure (and subsequently the Classics figure) had fully sculpted, three dimensional eyes, which is what I greatly prefer.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 12:03 am

Found 40th HeMan at Target as well. Canceled my preorder. Haven’t seen Shera or Hordak yet. Hoping they will be easy to find like the other deluxes.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:12 pm

I want to repaint Tri-Klops' irises different colors, but I'm having difficulty finding which color goes with which shape (Google hates me).
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 27, 2022 7:55 pm

Found SheRa and Hordak at Target. Now just waiting for Catra to ship from Amazon early next month and I am done until the next wave, whatever that is.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:36 am

Came across Hordak and She-Ra at Target today, but I already have both from BBTS. Catra is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Hopefully the 40th He-Man ships this week like the Target website indicates!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:11 pm

Picked up 40th He-Man today. Something about him comes off as more premium than other single releases. He looks even better than the exclusive 2pk (which i plan on keeping packaged). The 2pk one has all that stupid flocking, and it looks like his hair isn't glued in place properly. This figure looks good in terms of paints, accessories, and even the package itself looks more appealing due to the throwback graphics. I can't wait to open it, but I'm afraid I'll lament that there aren't more from this line as faithful to the vintage designs. This guy will wind up being a very standalone figure.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 3:33 pm

Picked up She-Ra and 40th He-Man this morning. Thrilled to see both and they are both some of the better figures in the line but there is aesthetically something off about the 40th He-Man that bugs me ever since pics were revealed. Namely I feel like the body proportions are thrown out of whack with that new super puffy torso but using the same arms as the previous Master-verse body. Like the arms looks scrawny in comparison (the legs are fine) and don't really line up with the look of the old toys they are trying to echo with these gigantic pecs.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:18 pm

Man, did everyone get the e-mail from BBTS about Hordak? Apparently, Mattel has canceled a bunch of orders for the Hordak Deluxe figure at BBTS and other retailers. I guess thats why some folks got their Hordak from BBTS, and others like me did not.

In BBTS e-mail, it says they are now trying to get enough pre orders for the Hordak figure to meet a Manufacturing Quota for Mattel to be able to produce this figure again. But if it's not met, all pre orders will be cancelled.

Here, I just copied and pasted what the e-mail says.

This message is intended for anyone that pre-ordered the Masters of the Universe Masterverse Princess of Power Hordak prior to today (9/28/2022). We would like to inform you that Mattel canceled multiple orders that we (and other retailers) had in place for this item, and together, we are collectively trying to meet the high factory MOQ Mattel needs to make more. If we succeed, we expect this item to arrive sometime during the first quarter of 2023. If we are unsuccessful, we will have no choice but to cancel all pre-orders.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 9:28 pm

Yeah, I'm a little worried.

I've only seen the last wave once, and it was literally just one Viking He-Man, one Teela, one Mer-Man. And this was after I already got Teela & Mer-Man from BBTS a month prior.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:07 pm

I thought I canceled Hordak last week along with Jitsu and Zodak, but he's still in my BBTS preorders. I may have accidentally placed two different preorders 8) . As long as BBTS or EE ships She-Ra, I'll be okay because I like the female figures from this line better than the males.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 28, 2022 10:55 pm

BBTS and Entertainment Earth both have Hordak for pre order. I have the figure pre ordered at both sites as of now. Hopefully we can all find them at Target, as it seems people here on this thread are coming across She-Ra and Hordak at Target pretty regularly. Maybe the figure will even end up on their website.

But I hope this figure doesn't become hard to obtain.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:39 am

If past deluxe figures are anything to go by, then Target should have plenty of She-Ra and Hordak in store. At least I'm hoping they do.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:22 am

I already received my Hordak from BBTS so I didn’t receive that email. The Hordak and She-Ra sets that the local Target put out on the shelf yesterday were all sold already when I stopped by today. I know the deluxe figures have been easy to obtain, but I personally wouldn’t wait around on that Hordak. If the MOQ can’t be met and the preorders get canceled, the price on Hordak is going to go way up.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 29, 2022 5:05 am

Target shipped 40th He-Man today. I kind of forgot I preordered him.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Leonardo T Dragon
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:32 pm

zodach wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:39 am
If past deluxe figures are anything to go by, then Target should have plenty of She-Ra and Hordak in store. At least I'm hoping they do.
Unless Target underordered these guys because they're sitting on so many previous deluxes. I know the stores in my area are CHOKING on King Grayskulls and Trap-Jaw sets. Before that you could find the Savage He-Man/Orkos in abundance at any Target. If those are piling up in similar fashion all over, Target might be gun shy about going heavy on Hordak and She-Ra.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”