Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:53 am

I got Masterverse Wave 4 today, and other than one figure having issues, I love this Wave. Especially the He-Man figure. But Mer-Man, Teela, and NE Skeletor are all really fun, great figures as well.

I got 2 each of NE He-Man and Skeletor, so I could display them with both looks for each character. But one of my NE Skeletors came with a left hand on the right arm. In fact, it looks like the forearm on the right arm, is in fact a left forearm. So, I got a left hand and flipped left forearm on the right arm of one of my Skeletors.

But since the figure comes with extra hands, I put the extra, right fist (which luckily was in there and correct) on the right arm to replace the incorrect hand. As far as the forearm possibly being wrong, since it's flipped you could never really tell. I'm not even 100% sure it is the wrong forearm. But it seems like it.

My other Skeletor was completely fine. But great Wave of figures.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:01 am

Got my Wave 4 from BBTS almost a week ago but things have been so busy I only had time to open them tonight. This line has grown on me so much. I liked the first wave but it felt a little... basic? But each new figure makes me appreciate the line more. All four figures in this wave are super toyetic. Didn't run into any of the stuck joint issues I had in wave 1, so New Eternia He-Man is probably my go-to display fella.

I actually think I want doubles of Wave 4 Teela, He-Man, and Skeletor to display both heads on each and I hadn't been planning on that. Not desperately wanting to, but if I see one on the shelf at the store... I don't usually have trouble deciding which head to display on figures but these three got me.

I'm a doofus - completely missed the news about New Eternia Beast Man. Guess I'm scoping Targets again. I was enjoying the set it and forget it preorder process with BBTS for this line (with King Grayskull not being hard to get from Target, which is a glorious change from other exclusives).

There's been zero rumors about Panthor, right? I think with Zodac coming up, the only old school characters I strongly want are Panthor and Stratos. Other than those guys, I'm happy to just see who comes down the pipeline.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:13 pm

This line is my “low key looking forward to every new figure line.” I’m not actively keeping up with the current state of the line but every reveal has me cracking a smile. Still looking for classic Teela.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:38 pm

Ro-El wrote:
This line is my “low key looking forward to every new figure line.” I’m not actively keeping up with the current state of the line but every reveal has me cracking a smile. Still looking for classic Teela.
Same for me. I don't get any wild FOMO feels from it but just see the next wave, like it, preorder it, and patiently wait for it to show up.

The Classic Teela is one of my favorites so far, honestly. Nothing fancy about her at all, just a quality figure if you find her.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:14 pm

Did NE Beastman ever go up on Target's website? If so is there a link?

Also, has it ever been said anywhere if NE Beastman is exclusive to Target, or is he just a timed exclusive like Faker?
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:36 pm

I think it’s been a couple of weeks already so I’m not sure if it’s changed, but I scanned the NE Beastman at a Target with my Target mobile app and the search came up with an “item not found” page on the site.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 6:40 pm

docsilence wrote:
Thu Jun 30, 2022 5:38 pm
Ro-El wrote:
Same for me. I don't get any wild FOMO feels from it but just see the next wave, like it, preorder it, and patiently wait for it to show up.

The Classic Teela is one of my favorites so far, honestly. Nothing fancy about her at all, just a quality figure if you find her.
Right? That’s how it is with me with this line. For some reason the FOMO isn’t there for me to the point I won’t even preorder the figs unless it’s an exclusive. I’m actually confident I will see them in stores eventually. And that’s saying something since I live in a very heavy collector and scalper based area and I do 99% of my toy buying online.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:13 pm

Oh, as soon as I see sightings reported, I'm on the hunt, even with everything preordered. I enjoy the line quite a bit, and am thrilled to add new characters to the line up.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:43 pm

This line might be something I COULD stop preordering, actually - the other lines I collect just never appear on shelves around here, like, ever, but MOTU (both this and Origins) are actually decently easy to find. I hope this continues. (I think if it were pre-pandemic I'd probably just shop for them when sightings happened, but I'll keep preordering since I'm just not out and about the way I was a few years ago.)

It's funny, I completely missed the New Eternia era when it was happening originally, but I just love the sliiiiiiighly grittier designs for He-Man and Skeletor. The clinging beard on Skeletor's face, the knife's boot sheath on He-Man, just little things that don't detract from the original design but give it a touch of spice. I dig it.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:36 pm

All of my Targets are as plentiful with NE Beast Man as the deluxes before him, and while I already have both thanks to BBTS, I have seen neither scale nor hair of either Mer-Man nor Classic Teela.
Mr_Saver
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:14 pm

One thing I’ve noticed about the newer waves is they seem better assembled or machined or something.

The joints are silky smooth out of the box. Wave 1 some of my figures felt sort of like the joints were stuck and I was worried I would break them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:29 pm

Mr_Saver wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:14 pm
One thing I’ve noticed about the newer waves is they seem better assembled or machined or something.

The joints are silky smooth out of the box. Wave 1 some of my figures felt sort of like the joints were stuck and I was worried I would break them.

Noticed the same thing. I don't know what the reason is, but the newer figures just have smoother articulation overall for me. Thought maybe it was just me (or maybe it's that they're cooking in trucks in summer heat around here before arrival).
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:49 pm

I had to oil He-Man & Skeletor's hips, definitely, and have had fine joints since, except one of Fisto's elbow joints is fused. And of course it's the lower joint closest to THE FIST. So I can't get the leverage I need to crack it free that I would be able to with a smaller forearm with removeable hand.
Mr_Saver
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:55 am

I found New Eternia beast man today.

Thoughts:
- He’s big and beefy!
- The helmet sucks and will be staying off. It just kind of sets there
- I like the furry thing more in hand then I thought I would. I really thought I wouldn’t be using it at all
- kind of surprised the handle on the whip is a completely different sculpt from revelations beast man. Masterverse really has less reuse than a lot of lines.
- I like the club better than the whip…. A whip with a wired “whip” would be pretty dope one day…

Overall it’s a good figure, it’s a decent enough stand in for a modernized version or classic beast man… all mine stay in classic mode really.

vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 6:32 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:49 pm
I had to oil He-Man & Skeletor's hips, definitely, and have had fine joints since, except one of Fisto's elbow joints is fused. And of course it's the lower joint closest to THE FIST. So I can't get the leverage I need to crack it free that I would be able to with a smaller forearm with removeable hand.
Yes I had this same exact issue with Fisto. If it makes you feel any better, I was able to free it. Cycling hot water for 20-30 seconds then a cold dunk for 10, pushing it, repeat. YMMV. The trickiest part, as you said, is getting a good grip on the thing. Flatten the top elbow and use the fist to push against the lower elbow joint, rather than try to pull it towards him, if that makes any sense.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”