Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Wed May 18, 2022 9:55 pm

samhain2731 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:31 pm
What happened to the 40th anniversary He-Man pre order on bbts?
I finally decided to put my money down for it and I can’t find it. I thought maybe it was just sold out but even links to it from other sites aren’t working for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I posted about this last week, I think. BBTS and EE both took down pre orders for this figure. I guess they put them up for pre order too early or something, but that hasn't been confirmed. But I would imagine that's all it is.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 12:57 pm

NE He-Man direct from Amazon is listed under "other sellers". I ordered one for 6/1 - 6/4. I never seen a direct US Amazon listing for Teela. It's always third party or Amazon UK
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 8:52 pm

My closest Target had about a dozen Faker figures for $9.xx, if anyone is looking for a deal on this set, now's a good time to check your local stores.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 19, 2022 10:41 pm

Yeah. One of my nearby stores had Faker for $10. I picked it up just for his armor overlay, as it looks good for Merman.
MagnusPrimal
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 3:21 pm

Super Camel wrote:
samhain2731 wrote:
Wed May 18, 2022 4:31 pm
What happened to the 40th anniversary He-Man pre order on bbts?
I finally decided to put my money down for it and I can’t find it. I thought maybe it was just sold out but even links to it from other sites aren’t working for me.

I posted about this last week, I think. BBTS and EE both took down pre orders for this figure. I guess they put them up for pre order too early or something, but that hasn't been confirmed. But I would imagine that's all it is.
Probably. It’s still listed on my preorders page.

vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 4:56 pm

I'm new to this line, only picked up Faker and King Grayskull so far, and I'm curious,

which Masterverse figures are your favorites? are there any you don't recommend?
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 5:39 pm

vicious7171 wrote:
I'm new to this line, only picked up Faker and King Grayskull so far, and I'm curious,

which Masterverse figures are your favorites? are there any you don't recommend?
They're all the same! It's essentially the same base body with 10% new parts that make them each different. It's mostly a matter of who your favorite characters are or what your favorite designs are, or what your favorite updates are. Honestly, to me, they're all on the same level.

Battle Cat is pretty awesome on his own.
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Fri May 20, 2022 6:01 pm

I'm new to the line line too, but I will say that it's the subtle differences that matter for me. I have no interest in Revelations Skeletor, but I am really into New Eternia Skeletor with his lighter color scheme and two different head sculpts. I like the 'barbarian' style he has. Same goes for Beast Man, I skipped the Revelations one, but will likely pick up the NE one that's released later this year.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri May 20, 2022 9:27 pm

NORM wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 5:39 pm
vicious7171 wrote:

They're all the same! It's essentially the same base body with 10% new parts that make them each different. It's mostly a matter of who your favorite characters are or what your favorite designs are, or what your favorite updates are. Honestly, to me, they're all on the same level.

Battle Cat is pretty awesome on his own.
lol! Thanks, yeah I kind of dig the similarities for bodies, I suppose that's why I'm asking if any stand out for their gimmicks or features. It does sound like I'll be buying my favorites; Merman is on that list but I'm tempted to wait for something more classic. Triclops and Trapjaw are likely next. 40th He-Man and the new Teela look great. I'm going to be very excited if they make more classic-inspired figures with these bodies. And Battle Cat looks fantastic, good price too, RIP my shelf space :lol:

dchimpy wrote:
Fri May 20, 2022 6:01 pm
I'm new to the line line too, but I will say that it's the subtle differences that matter for me. I have no interest in Revelations Skeletor, but I am really into New Eternia Skeletor with his lighter color scheme and two different head sculpts. I like the 'barbarian' style he has. Same goes for Beast Man, I skipped the Revelations one, but will likely pick up the NE one that's released later this year.
Totally. I think the NE Beast Man was the first figure to grab my attention. These figures are about as close to dolls as action figures get, since they share so many swappable equipments. It really makes even less-interesting figures more tempting as you can part them out.
ShadowBlaze
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sat May 21, 2022 6:33 pm

vicious7171 wrote:

Stinkor is a MUST. I have no sentimental attachment to the character whatsoever, but he's fantastic! I really like that his Revelations appearance combines his Classic and 200X looks. Can't go wrong with Scare Glow, either, though he may be slightly more challenging to find in the wild. The new Revelations Teela (inspired by her Classic appearance) is also terrific; the vintage influences are much more apparent and make her instantly more recognizable than her first Revelations toy, but the design is also tweaked just enough to give us something that isn't already on our Classics, Origins, or 200X shelves. I also like New Eternia Skeletor quite a bit, though I'm slightly frustrated that his new "barbarian" armor overlay doesn't attach securely to his classic chest harness. It looks great on the shelf, but it's not going to stay put if he's handled him a lot.

Those are the only Masterverse figures I own thus far, though King Greyskull would be tempting at a lower price ($10-$15 extra for a wired cape gets a NO from me), and there are a few more already announced that have me excited (Zodak, Hordak, and She-Ra). I think all of the He-Man faces except the 40th Anniversary version look horrible, so I've yet to grab any versions of him.
Evil Monkey Pope
CROM!

Sat May 21, 2022 7:07 pm

Can anyone post pictures of the second Masterverse Teela's heads on the Classics body & vice versa?
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 21, 2022 9:57 pm

ShadowBlaze wrote:
Sat May 21, 2022 6:33 pm
vicious7171 wrote:

Stinkor is a MUST. I have no sentimental attachment to the character whatsoever, but he's fantastic! I really like that his Revelations appearance combines his Classic and 200X looks. Can't go wrong with Scare Glow, either, though he may be slightly more challenging to find in the wild. The new Revelations Teela (inspired by her Classic appearance) is also terrific; the vintage influences are much more apparent and make her instantly more recognizable than her first Revelations toy, but the design is also tweaked just enough to give us something that isn't already on our Classics, Origins, or 200X shelves. I also like New Eternia Skeletor quite a bit, though I'm slightly frustrated that his new "barbarian" armor overlay doesn't attach securely to his classic chest harness. It looks great on the shelf, but it's not going to stay put if he's handled him a lot.

Those are the only Masterverse figures I own thus far, though King Greyskull would be tempting at a lower price ($10-$15 extra for a wired cape gets a NO from me), and there are a few more already announced that have me excited (Zodak, Hordak, and She-Ra). I think all of the He-Man faces except the 40th Anniversary version look horrible, so I've yet to grab any versions of him.
Thanks for the suggestions! I almost bought Stinkor, looks like I'll be taking another look. NE Skeletor is tempting; I was about to order him when he sold out. Good to know the tip about his chest harness. I might wait on him, since I'm sure there will be more Skeletors. FWIW, King Greyskull is really nice. His bracers and belt are nicely painted (most figures seem to have no paint on these parts), his extra purple sword is nice fodder for other characters, and the cape is as good as anything Mattel puts out for under $50. Right now he's 27 at Target so I think the extras are worth the $5-7.

It's really neat how these are looking more and more like MOTUC figures. That was a line that I got into late and only scored a few figures. Here's hoping this line thrives for a while.
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 3:15 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Can anyone post pictures of the second Masterverse Teela's heads on the Classics body & vice versa?
I just saw a video with that.
https://youtu.be/lfHA1hdtg-g
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Sun May 22, 2022 5:40 am

Got Trap Jaw from Target. Love it! He’s always been my favorite MOTU character. This figure came out great. The head sculpt is a bit odd. As everyone has noted, the lower part of the humanoid face is bizarre. But at least you can really jam the metal jaw up to hide the wacky tongue and stuff underneath. I am a bit tempted to try Tenime’s mod to the lower mouth area. Otherwise, awesome figure!

No bring on classic Mer-Man, Webstor, Two-Bad, and Roboto!

mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 22, 2022 4:30 pm

Deckard wrote:
Sun May 22, 2022 3:15 am
Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
I just saw a video with that.
https://youtu.be/lfHA1hdtg-g
Wow, he put the Origins He-Man legs on the Teela's body. He did it as a joke, but that is odd, lol.

He has another video where he puts the Masterverse head on MotU Classic. It doesn't look terrible. Maybe a little small and the skin tone is off. I don't think the reverse is possible without increasing the socket size of the Classic's head. My loose Classics are in bins, but I was looking at my carded Ultimate Teela and I think I prefer the Masterverse body.
Head swap at 27 minute mark:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzzeYZrDEf8

Teela seems to have an issue with the upper right leg not connecting flush to the hip. The one I got from BBTS looks good, but this guy has two that look a little ugly. EE created a shipping label last night for two more. I shall see what I get when they arrive in...probably 2 to 3 weeks.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”