Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Sun May 15, 2022 7:13 pm

zodach wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:03 pm
Ro-El wrote:I didn’t realize NE HeMan and Skeletor were available to order on Amazon at normal retail price. It’s more of a preorder as they won’t ship to me until late May or early June but I don’t mind the wait as long as I can secure them.

If you don’t want to wait they are in stock at EE for $23.99 each and free shipping if you get them both.
Yeah, I had been eyeing EE for a couple of weeks now but was going to wait until they had Teela in stock. I just went with Amazon to save a few bucks. Classic Teela is the only one left from wave 4 I don’t have so now I’ll just wait til Amazon or Target has her in stock.
thewyldman
Customized

Sun May 15, 2022 7:31 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Sat May 14, 2022 2:46 am
Been wondering this for awhile, but will there be any HeMan or Skeletor figures where the swords of power can separate/combine? Also how well do the Origins vehicles mesh with Masterverse? Still hoping for NE HeMan and Teela to show up somewhere at normal retail prices.
Honestly, the origins vehicles kinda hold the Masterverse guys better than their origins counterparts (kinda my problem with some of them). For sure Stridor and especially the Wind Raider work great with masterverse. I will say your mileage will vary with the Land Shark. They can fit in it, but it's a tighter fit than the other two.
thewyldman
Customized

Sun May 15, 2022 7:34 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:13 pm
zodach wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:03 pm
Ro-El wrote:I didn’t realize NE HeMan and Skeletor were available to order on Amazon at normal retail price. It’s more of a preorder as they won’t ship to me until late May or early June but I don’t mind the wait as long as I can secure them.

If you don’t want to wait they are in stock at EE for $23.99 each and free shipping if you get them both.
Yeah, I had been eyeing EE for a couple of weeks now but was going to wait until they had Teela in stock. I just went with Amazon to save a few bucks. Classic Teela is the only one left from wave 4 I don’t have so now I’ll just wait til Amazon or Target has her in stock.
Also just want to say the King Grayskull cape goes great on NE He-Man if you're looking to mix and match or aren't entirely satisfied with King Grayskull:

Also with the Rise of Evil 2 pack going on clearance, I'd recommend that alternate head for NE Skeletor as well if you are going the classic route:

Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun May 15, 2022 7:43 pm

thewyldman wrote:
Ro-El wrote:
Been wondering this for awhile, but will there be any HeMan or Skeletor figures where the swords of power can separate/combine? Also how well do the Origins vehicles mesh with Masterverse? Still hoping for NE HeMan and Teela to show up somewhere at normal retail prices.
Honestly, the origins vehicles kinda hold the Masterverse guys better than their origins counterparts (kinda my problem with some of them). For sure Stridor and especially the Wind Raider work great with masterverse. I will say your mileage will vary with the Land Shark. They can fit in it, but it's a tighter fit than the other two.
Thanks. I had been wondering for awhile why Mattel hasn’t released any vehicles for Masterverse, and I was guessing the origins vehicles were close enough and they just were hoping fans wouldn’t mind. Battlecat being an exception. I’ll have to track down the Wind Raider but I still see Stridor around. I’m guessing Origins Castle Grayskull is a pretty good fit for Masterverse as well.

Oh and Masterverse Grayskull’ cape for NE HeMan looks like a good idea. It looks good and it’s like a keepsake that current HeMan inherited from his predecessor. Might have to get another Grayskull just for the cape.
thewyldman
Customized

Sun May 15, 2022 7:55 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Sun May 15, 2022 7:43 pm
thewyldman wrote:
Ro-El wrote:
Thanks. I had been wondering for awhile why Mattel hasn’t released any vehicles for Masterverse, and I was guessing the origins vehicles were close enough and they just were hoping fans wouldn’t mind. Battlecat being an exception. I’ll have to track down the Wind Raider but I still see Stridor around. I’m guessing Origins Castle Grayskull is a pretty good fit for Masterverse as well.

Oh and Masterverse Grayskull’ cape for NE HeMan looks like a good idea. It looks good and it’s like a keepsake that current HeMan inherited from his predecessor. Might have to get another Grayskull just for the cape.
Castle Grayskull works "fine" from the exterior, but don't expect them to look great inside of it.

Wind Raider is still like $10 below retail on Amazon
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 16, 2022 4:29 pm

Friggin' figures, lol. Mine & my buddy's Trap-Jaws are due for delivery Thursday. So guess what I found two of at Target this morning? *sigh* AND he's still on sale, where I swear to god I saw something somewhere that said that expired Saturday, which is why I was in such a hurry to take advantage of it last week.

So, I grabbed one (I won't see my friend until Friday anyway, so I can just return mine). :lol:

Can't wait to get home, heat up the head, and slice everything under the teeth off, lol. I like the idea of a Venom-like tongue, but the execution was just not pulled off well, IMO. The teeth kinda come to a point in the middle, which still gives that goofy smile, but I don't want to do a complete overhaul of the face, so I'll just hope the metal jaw covers enough.
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 17, 2022 1:19 am

Been a little busy
Image Image Image Image Image

I think it turned out okay.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 1:48 am

That's REALLY nice.
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 17, 2022 1:56 am

NORM wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:48 am
That's REALLY nice.
Thanks, the only fiddly bit was the belt and loincloth.
I just used a lot of hot water and a small screwdriver. I trimmed the lip of the belt and loincloth before putting them back on and it all came back together nicely.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 2:57 pm

This turned out WAY better than I was expecting! Made sure to slice under the cheekbones, which pretty much eliminated any semblance of a grin!

The way the teeth come to a point in the middle still bugs me, but I couldn't be happier with how it turned out!

C'moooooooon, New Eternia Beast Man!

Also, I'm already planning on moving the villains to their own shelf. Spikor & Scareglow are on the other side behind the heroes, and they're not heroes! :lol:
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 17, 2022 4:47 pm

Noticed Target had Trap Jaw on sale last week. Saturday is truck day so I waited to see if my store would finally stock him before placing an online order. Unfortunately he was not so I placed an order. Yesterday I stopped in for a few other items and there were 6 Trap Jaws on the shelf AND he was still on sale! I grabbed the one with the best paint apps. I guess I will return my online order when it arrives later this week.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Tenement Funster
Super Poseable

Tue May 17, 2022 10:41 pm

DutyBeforeAll wrote:
Tue May 17, 2022 1:19 am
Been a little busy
Image Image Image Image Image

I think it turned out okay.
I'm in awe! Awesome job!
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 18, 2022 4:31 pm

What happened to the 40th anniversary He-Man pre order on bbts?
I finally decided to put my money down for it and I can’t find it. I thought maybe it was just sold out but even links to it from other sites aren’t working for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
psoul95
Runs Around in Tights

Wed May 18, 2022 7:50 pm

I know I preordered it on BBTS so I looked at my orders but when I click on the page, it’s gone.
samhain2731
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 18, 2022 9:37 pm

psoul95 wrote:I know I preordered it on BBTS so I looked at my orders but when I click on the page, it’s gone.
Man what the HELL where did it go? :lol:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”