Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:17 am

Yeah. I think the Masterverse body is just going to be dressed up different for non-Revelations media. We're already seeing it with the concept figures. I think they'll just keep that going.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:21 pm

I have been tracking the Deluxe Tri-Klops on Popfindr and it payed off yesterday. The local Target received a case and I went in right when they were stocking the shelves. Tri-Klops looks good but I wish they would tone down the tangerine skin. Looks like a fake tan.
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jan 20, 2022 3:40 pm

I think they will look great along with the other Masterverse figures as long as the colors aren't too saturated.
copperthedog
I wish I had super powers

Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:45 pm

I found Tri-Klops at Target this morning. Also, I checked the price on the marked down Battle Cat, tag read 27.99, and it scanned at $11.99! I was hoping to pick one up for $20. A good start to the day with new toys. Still waiting for Faker to get marked down.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:03 am

copperthedog wrote:
Fri Jan 21, 2022 4:45 pm
I found Tri-Klops at Target this morning. Also, I checked the price on the marked down Battle Cat, tag read 27.99, and it scanned at $11.99! I was hoping to pick one up for $20. A good start to the day with new toys. Still waiting for Faker to get marked down.
Faker was $20 on the website about a month or so ago, and I was able to get an in store price match by showing the cashier on the app.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:19 pm

Tri-Clops popped up at my store last week. All 3 sat for a couple of days & then disappeared. I'm trying to hold out for a sale.

My store does not have shelf space for Orko so that is probably going to be an online purchase.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Hiro Nogano
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:20 pm

Just picked up my first male Masterverse figure when I saw Tri-Klops at Target. Do all the male figures have shoulder cuts that prevent their arms from coming down to their sides? Anyone have a good recommendation on how to mod them? My Evilynn figure does have this issue. I really want Trap-Jaw since I missed the MoTUC one, but this arm thing really annoying to me.

Edit: Right after I posted this, my brain reminded me that I silicone shock oil is a thing. That seems to have fixed most of the issue.
youngbloodsc
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jan 23, 2022 12:54 pm

Savage He-Man in stock on Target’s website.

https://www.target.com/p/masters-of-the ... A-83351602
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 23, 2022 3:07 pm

My Target restocked Tri-Clops yesterday. Also. Maters of the Universe is on sale this week.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:00 am

These in-stock alerts are killlllin me. I have the whole wave through BBTS and I'm happy to wait but I'm starting to feel like maybe I should chase the Target in-stock stuff so I'm not overpaying. I'm not even in a big rush, just frustrating if a figure gets discounted at one retailer before a preorder from another ships (and I really want that Orko soon!).
KNR
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 6:12 am

Does anyone have an insta with pics of the master verse line?
I’ve been on the fence for getting into this line since they initially released here in Canada. I keep talking myself out of it saying I have enough on-going lines in deep into including the motu origins.
But damn if these figures don’t catch my attention everytime I see them on a shelve or peg.
Id appreciate to look at some pics of them and maybe convince myself to cave in lol.
barbecue17
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:35 pm

KNR wrote: Does anyone have an insta with pics of the master verse line?
I’ve been on the fence for getting into this line since they initially released here in Canada. I keep talking myself out of it saying I have enough on-going lines in deep into including the motu origins.
But damn if these figures don’t catch my attention everytime I see them on a shelve or peg.
Id appreciate to look at some pics of them and maybe convince myself to cave in lol.
I've reviewed most everything released so far. Stinkor is my most recent but scroll to the bottom and you'll see a list of all of my other reviews: https://www.actionfigurebarbecue.com/20 ... -from.html.

Still waiting for Tri-Klops. My Target had the shelf tags but none in store.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 8:06 pm

I found 3 Savage He-man sets at Target yesterday. I bought one pretty much just for Orko as that He-Man just looks way too scrawny to represent what we saw onscreen!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 9:09 pm

Oh, man...I was excited to put this display up.

Semi-Nostalgic Gushing about this line:
Warning! FRAT! :
Aside from maybe still wanting a He-Man & Skeletor to ride their cats (who I do have), all remorse over missing out on Classics is so gone, it's like I was bummed for literally nothing.

I prefer these. I prefer the sculpting, the designs (though I will likely swap out Teela & Beast Man with the more classic versions coming...though, after saying that to a buddy, and hoping we'd get the same for Mer-Man, that [email protected][email protected] said "troop build the plain Mer/Beasts" and now I kinda wanna - though I wish we'd had that conversation when all those Beast Men flooding shelves were on that massive sale a few weeks ago lol).

Aside from some odd bit of nostalgia from having the original Battle Cat growing up making me a Battle Cat obsessive with every new piece of green tiger merch that comes out lol, I was never really into MotU. Never watched the original. Only owned Battle Cat (but definitely remember Stinkor's smell from the neighbor kids' collections - why I was really bummed to find out Origins doesn't stink). Also, I always thought Moss Man was a bad guy, making his helping He-Man in Revelations pretty significant, but very limited research says he was ALWAYS a good guy? Lol. 200x looked awesome, never got into it. Loved the J. Scott Campbell comic covers - never read the interiors. Only went after animals when Classics dropped (BC, Panthor, Gygor [I like/collect gorillas], Griffin [my favorite mythological creature]). Almost snagged He-Man & Skeletor to ride their cats, like, at least a dozen times, lol (so it's not like I didn't have the opportunity to get on board). Was slightly interested in Origins enough to get the main two, their cats, Orko (still the only time I saw him, and I grabbed the only one), and preordered Stinkor (I got him, I have him, haven't opened him yet, because I was really hoping he was gonna smell, and wanted to savor the moment).

But as Super7 kept releasing TMNT Ultimates(!), and having Thundercats (I already have the Mattel ones, so my first TCU! were Slithe & Jaga) & Silverhawks on preorder, I was wanting some MotU to represent more of my childhood (Hasbro already had Joes & TFs covered, and I have the giant MattyCollector Voltron), and Origins just wasn't scratching that itch (plus it's been pretty impossible to find anything other than the main two & their cats/vehicles in stores).

But getting to put this display up all at once after opening Orakle (god, I LOVED that moment in the show) and wave 3 (I had no idea who Scareglow or Spikor were before this line, but they're both SPECTACULAR), and then recently getting TK from my buddy who just found him...this is the MotU collection I never knew I always wanted, haha. I could not be happier with this line, and while my familiarity doesn't extend to too many more characters - Sorceress, Zodac, Stratos, Hordak, She-Ra (who my younger sister did have growing up), Man-E-Faces, Ram Man, Buzz Off, Mekaneck, Clawful, Sy-Klone, Grizzlor, Two Bad, Mantenna, Bow, Kowl, Leech, Swift Wind - I really hope they keep going with this style, even if they aren't Revelations designs. Heck, apart from occasionally hearing their names on message boards & their brief appearances in Revelations, I really don't know who Webstor or Whiplash are, but I'd definitely welcome them to my collection.

I canNOT wait for Trap Jaw to start showing up!
Deckard
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 24, 2022 10:14 pm

Nice use of the backdrops.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”