Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:01 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:03 am
drkknght64 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:56 pm
KnightDamien wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:29 am

Why is it McFarlane's fault? Or are you just lamenting that he does the same thing Masterverse does with the tiny heads?
Faker is probably the worst since he has that 'metal' head with no hair. I remember watching the Smith aftershow for Revelation and they had Faker on a shelf in the back and I legit, no exaggeration, thought they forgot to put the head on the figure -- you could barely see that it was there even though the rest of the figure was clear as day.
Pretty much I blame McFarlane because while doing one of his videos showing off some prototypes, the ones that arrived in the plastic containers he said that he gets the figure in from the factories, checks them out and if needed sends information back to the factories to do corrections. The metal looking head for Faker seems to be around the same size as the other two heads in the package. I haven't opened Faker yet but looking though the plastic window seem to look that way.
Okay, I'm still very confused, though. Maybe I'm missing something really obvious here and I apologize for getting you to spell it out for me but.... McFarlane doesn't make Masterverse. What does Faker's head size have to do with McFarlane, or correction comments from McFarlane have to do with Faker/Masterverse?
KD, I don't know why I said what I said. I should have ranted about McFarlane's head sizes not being consistent at the DC boards, lol.
Sorry for the confusion.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:18 am

drkknght64 wrote: KD, I don't know why I said what I said. I should have ranted about McFarlane's head sizes not being consistent at the DC boards, lol.
Sorry for the confusion.
:lol: :lol:

Not a problem. But you legitimately had me thinking I'd gone crazy and was missing some super obvious connection.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:25 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:18 am
drkknght64 wrote: KD, I don't know why I said what I said. I should have ranted about McFarlane's head sizes not being consistent at the DC boards, lol.
Sorry for the confusion.
:lol: :lol:

Not a problem. But you legitimately had me thinking I'd gone crazy and was missing some super obvious connection.
Yeah, it's just crazy me.
It was just 3 days ago in a meeting briefing my part to the BN CDR he interrupted me and I raised my voice to a couple decibels above normal. Everyone in the room about 15 staff members got silent. The good guy he is, he just did the same thing back at me and then everyone laughed. Once everyone, including me stopped laughing I just finished my briefing and we moved on to the next staff member who had to brief.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 2:03 pm

I got Spikor from Amazon. I don't know if Mattel tweaked the hips, but his seem much smoother than my wave 1 figures. I had to apply shock oil to all the male wave 1 figures and Faker.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:36 pm

I finally saw wave 1 in person today at a local Walmart. Correction I saw wave 1 aside from the endless Skelegods and Battle Cats.

I have to say I was mildly disappointed. I like the looks of the figures, but they just seemed "small" somehow. Maybe it is the boxes causing that effect to my eye. Also I really see the small head issue now. Overall I like the looks of the line but, like I said, in person I was mildly disappointed. I will definitely pick up some of the figures as the line progresses, but I don't think I will pay full price for more than a select few.
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:44 pm

I've finally joined the club, as waves 1 and 2 have reached Europe. I've bought He-Man, Skeletor, Moss Man, Teela, Beast Man, and I should have Battle Cat later this week. Well, I'm pretty happy with them. Seems like a 7/10 line, a good start with great building blocks and a few silly flaws. I'm not a big enough MOTU fan to start a complete collection beyond the main 2 guys + big kitty, though. I'll keep the other figures as some generic fantasy characters/monsters or use them for customs (has anyone tried putting a MOTUC Chief Carnivus head on Beasty? He'd make for a great werewolf, or a lion in this case). Fortunately, I'm okay with He-Man's small head having the figure in hand. In case of Skeletor, though, blah. Such a weak headsculpt. But I remember that someone here mentioned using a MS Taskmaster head for him, and it looks pretty cool. I don't know if that person shared a pic before, so here's one from me. I'll take a better photo once I repaint the head and fit it properly on the neck peg.
FlexionDynamo
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:30 pm

Yea looks good. I have the MS Taskmaster. Interested in how it comes out
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:46 pm

Something like this.
PG-Superfan
CROM!

Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:04 am

The Viking He-Man and Barbarian Skeletor look to have better heads. They come with vintage toy heads and the viking/barbarian armor is removable, resulting in figures that look like vintage toy homages, at least as much as Mondo anyway.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:23 pm

Ok... having watched the trailer for Revelations - season 1, part 2 I'm pretty excited about figure possibilities.

The deluxe Savage He-Man figure makes a ton more sense now.

I'm going to need another Evil Lyn as Sorceress with the awesome bat-helm she's wearing. That fit is fantastic.

Evil Warriors shown include Clawful, Webstor, Goat Man and Shadow Beasts...

Teela as sorceress will be a given. Randor in battle armor - yes please. Buzz Off, Stratos, Ram Man,

Masterverse can fill out at least 3 more 4 figure waves with just those. I'm sure the show will have even more..
Aggro Ninja
Super Poseable

Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:12 pm

It's a bit of a bummer they had to make the trailer so spoiler-tastic to quell the criticisms of part 1. There's a few things that I would have like to have not seen until I was watching the actual episodes, even if I was kind of guessing they were going to happen.
Chronos1919
Customized

Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:31 pm

Thanks to the earlier posters mentioning shock oil. My He-Man, Skeletor, and Faker have all been cured of their tight hips. Hopefully they'll fix that issue as the line continues.

Bought the SDCC Scare Glow. Only issue is that the packaging is so good I don't want to remove him!
PantherCult wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 6:23 pm
Ok... having watched the trailer for Revelations - season 1, part 2 I'm pretty excited about figure possibilities.

I'm going to need another Evil Lyn as Sorceress with the awesome bat-helm she's wearing. That fit is fantastic.
Agreed! Great trailer and some exciting possibilities for upcoming figures.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:33 am

After that trailer for Part 2 of Revelations, I hope we get figures of

Webstor
Goat Man
Clawful
Stratos
Ram Man
Buzz Off
Randor
Sorceress Evil Lynn

Well, I'll save some time and just say anyone in that trailer, I'll buy a figure of.
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:22 am

Super Camel wrote:
Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:33 am
After that trailer for Part 2 of Revelations, I hope we get figures of

Webstor
Goat Man
Clawful
Stratos
Ram Man
Buzz Off
Randor
Sorceress Evil Lynn

Well, I'll save some time and just say anyone in that trailer, I'll buy a figure of.
Can't argue with that. I'd put priority on some of the show exclusive designs though, like the new Evil-Lyn, just because in the future we'll more than likely get a lot of those, and the differences between them and the classic looks are minimal. Seemed kind of like Orko might get a new look as well.

I'd also still like to see Roboto show up... where is that guy!
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 28, 2021 6:20 am

Sorceress Evil-Lyn definitely needs a figure. I may even like that look more than the traditional outfit. Very, very cool.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”