Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Megazarak
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Sat Oct 16, 2021 3:14 am

Ash Talon wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:16 am
Here’s the image of the listing for the Anniversary He-Man.Image
I wonder if there was anything else in that list that was cutoff. Definitely curious about what an Anniversary He-Man might be. 200x came out in 2002, so that's a 20 year anniversary in 2022 (would be cool to get an assortment of 200x in Masterverse). MotU itself was first released in 1981, so this year would its 40 year anniversary (which, while we got a ton of new product this year and media, there wasn't much fanfare for that milestone on its own), so if this figure is coming out before the end of the year, a classic wave 1 He-Man homage figure seems quite possible.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:59 pm

The wife had to run out today and came home with Evil-Lyn and Skeletor. Evil-Lyn has a wonky shoulder joint where the outer part is like.. catching when you try to push the arm all the way inward. And her elbow is a little loose. But man does she look nice on the shelf. Skeletor's hips are WAY worse than He-Man's in terms of not wanting to move at all. But my son loves him.

Hopefully those issues don't become common. Particularly the issue with the hips since those hips/upper legs seem to be getting a lot of re-use. Even with the minor issues here and there, I am really enthusiastic about this line right now. It doesn't tickle my nostalgia like Origins, but at the same time Origins doesn't have that 'new, modern He-Man toy' feel. So both lines just have me amped.
TheCollector1999
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:44 pm

Bbts sent me beastman have to say he is my favorite one in the line so far
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:47 am

TheCollector1999 wrote:
That's cool to know BBTS is starting to get some of Wave 2 in. I have the entire set ordered. Hopefully it comes in soon. Beastman does look really cool though. Even if you wanted to use him as another character from that species, and not actual Beastman.
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 5:06 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:47 am
TheCollector1999 wrote:
That's cool to know BBTS is starting to get some of Wave 2 in. I have the entire set ordered. Hopefully it comes in soon. Beastman does look really cool though. Even if you wanted to use him as another character from that species, and not actual Beastman.
Didn’t think of that.
Chronos1919
Customized

Sun Oct 17, 2021 6:36 pm

Picked up all of the wave 1 figures, deluxe figures, and Battle Cat. He-Man and Battle Cat are definitely my favorites in the line so far. They look great together. Really, I like all of them though Skelegod is a bit goofy looking to me. Not loving his design.

Contrary to other opinions I have no issue with the size of the heads and I quite like the fabric capes that drape nicely. Better to me that there's no wire to fiddle with and that they're not stuck in a static pose like sculpted capes.

Edit: Now I just need to track down that SDCC Scareglow...
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:34 pm

I saw Faker at Target today and did a purchase. I will cancel my BBTS preorder.
I would say at least the head sizes look to be consistent.
I wish McFarlane would get it through his thick skull the concept of head sizes.
How can you have a 7 inch scale figure and the head size is smaller than a 6 inch scale ML figure.
It is just idiotic to me.
KnightDamien

Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:29 am

drkknght64 wrote:
I wish McFarlane would get it through his thick skull the concept of head sizes.
How can you have a 7 inch scale figure and the head size is smaller than a 6 inch scale ML figure.
Why is it McFarlane's fault? Or are you just lamenting that he does the same thing Masterverse does with the tiny heads?
Faker is probably the worst since he has that 'metal' head with no hair. I remember watching the Smith aftershow for Revelation and they had Faker on a shelf in the back and I legit, no exaggeration, thought they forgot to put the head on the figure -- you could barely see that it was there even though the rest of the figure was clear as day.
Chronos1919
Customized

Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:04 pm

I thought that Faker would be the most interesting in-hand but he turned out to be one of my least favorites. Just generally underwhelming for some reason. It would have been cool if he had patches of removable "skin" so he could somewhat pass for He-Man and then transform. Still better than blue Faker to me.

Conversely, I thought Battle Cat would be the least impressive and almost passed on him due to the $40 price tag. Glad I decided to go for it because he's awesome. I love the pose-ability of the legs, you can get him in some great and menacing looking poses, with his paws splayed out.

Overall, I would rank the ones that I currently own:

1. Battle Cat
2. He-Man (because he's He-Man)
3. Evil-Lyn (cool new look and awesome paint apps)
4. Skeletor
5. Moss Man
6. Faker
7. Skelegod
KnightDamien

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:01 pm

My son desperately wants us to get Battle Cat, but that thing is 70 dollars here in Canadaland, and I just can't justify that.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:56 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:
Why is it McFarlane's fault? Or are you just lamenting that he does the same thing Masterverse does with the tiny heads?
Faker is probably the worst since he has that 'metal' head with no hair. I remember watching the Smith aftershow for Revelation and they had Faker on a shelf in the back and I legit, no exaggeration, thought they forgot to put the head on the figure -- you could barely see that it was there even though the rest of the figure was clear as day.
Pretty much I blame McFarlane because while doing one of his videos showing off some prototypes, the ones that arrived in the plastic containers he said that he gets the figure in from the factories, checks them out and if needed sends information back to the factories to do corrections. The metal looking head for Faker seems to be around the same size as the other two heads in the package. I haven't opened Faker yet but looking though the plastic window seem to look that way.
KnightDamien

Tue Oct 19, 2021 12:03 am

drkknght64 wrote:
Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:56 pm
KnightDamien wrote:
drkknght64 wrote:
Pretty much I blame McFarlane because while doing one of his videos showing off some prototypes, the ones that arrived in the plastic containers he said that he gets the figure in from the factories, checks them out and if needed sends information back to the factories to do corrections. The metal looking head for Faker seems to be around the same size as the other two heads in the package. I haven't opened Faker yet but looking though the plastic window seem to look that way.
Okay, I'm still very confused, though. Maybe I'm missing something really obvious here and I apologize for getting you to spell it out for me but.... McFarlane doesn't make Masterverse. What does Faker's head size have to do with McFarlane, or correction comments from McFarlane have to do with Faker/Masterverse?
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 19, 2021 2:36 am

McFarlane didn't invent tiny headed Batmen.

I tried to take a dead straight photo of He-Man and stacked his head to compare with a few illustration guides on google. Not that it's a perfect method, but if He-Man's head was vastly undersized, you would expect him to be over 9 heads tall. His head size hasn't really bothered me. The thing I hate most about this He-Man is...his feet.

This DC Collectibles Batman received a lot of flack for his small head (and the bent ear from shitty packaging). I quickly sold mine.

Since I was too lazy to take a photo of a Classics style figure, I grabbed one from google. His head might be too big if you follow the guides?

bezem
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:16 pm

I come here to talk toys, not get an anatomy lesson :lol: :lol:
BurnKnuckle21
I wish I had super powers

Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:16 pm

mrboshek wrote:McFarlane didn't invent tiny headed Batmen.

I tried to take a dead straight photo of He-Man and stacked his head to compare with a few illustration guides on google. Not that it's a perfect method, but if He-Man's head was vastly undersized, you would expect him to be over 9 heads tall. His head size hasn't really bothered me. The thing I hate most about this He-Man is...his feet.

This DC Collectibles Batman received a lot of flack for his small head (and the bent ear from shitty packaging). I quickly sold mine.

Since I was too lazy to take a photo of a Classics style figure, I grabbed one from google. His head might be too big if you follow the guides?

Grreat insight! Interesting to see those comparisons. I really don't have a problem with the head size of these figures. Maybe because I'm used to the proportions of comic characters I grew up with.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”