Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:29 am

chaosMonkeyPoo wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 7:18 pm
Also saw the Teela design and I think its somewhat plain but still cool. It really kinda fails as far as a redesign in that it doesn't really retain much of anything from the old costume (maybe some coloring) so theres not much to make anyone immediately recognize who the hell she his.
Reminds me more of some sort of side character from Xena Warrior Princess with that vaguely generic Grecian/fantasy outfit. Seeing the figure I immediately thought of Jason and the Argonauts for whatever reason. I don't quite understand why they scrapped her usual weapon(s) for a generic harpoon-looking staff, unless she's supposed to be undercover? If I was just handed this figure and told it was a new He-Man character I would assume it was a totally new character as the only Teela-esque thing to go on is essentially her hair color.
drkknght64
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:32 am

Megazarak wrote:
Thu Jul 22, 2021 5:40 pm
Random first look at Teela from wave 2. And tiny versions of the other 3.

Okay so Buffy is the voice of Teela in the new Maters show. This is going to be interesting.
Oh, yeah, I missed Scareglow. Actually I never had a chance since I was stuck in a meeting during the pre-orders.
os189
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:44 am

Oh, is that some Jedi character from some new "Knights of the Old Republic" style video game or something? He looks cool.
theflicker
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:54 am

This thread is doing wonders for my foes list.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk

JTMarsh
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 8:55 am

os189 wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:44 am

Oh, is that some Jedi character from some new "Knights of the Old Republic" style video game or something? He looks cool.
"He subsists entirely on kalteen bars alone, or so Cady Heron tells me."
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:00 pm

theflicker wrote:

The lack of maturity is rather staggering. I'm beginning to think we have some folks not any older than 12 in our midst.
bezem
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:18 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
theflicker wrote:

The lack of maturity is rather staggering. I'm beginning to think we have some folks not any older than 12 in our midst.
I'd agree with you except this is how He-Man fans have acted since my love for the brand began in 2002; it's cringey and embarrassing. Makes the rest of us collectors look bad.
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:39 pm

bezem wrote:
The Gill-Man wrote:
theflicker wrote:

I'd agree with you except this is how He-Man fans have acted since my love for the brand began in 2002; it's cringey and embarrassing. Makes the rest of us collectors look bad.
I wasn't aware. I guess I haven't seen it on the Fwoosh so much...part of why I've always liked this forum is because a lot of the toxic crap that seeps into other fandoms hasn't really been overly present here. This has primarily been a place for folks who just love toys...not a whole lot of whining from immature fanboys. Hope this doesn't become a trend here.
bezem
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:43 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
bezem wrote:
The Gill-Man wrote:

I wasn't aware. I guess I haven't seen it on the Fwoosh so much...part of why I've always liked this forum is because a lot of the toxic crap that seeps into other fandoms hasn't really been overly present here. This has primarily been a place for folks who just love toys...not a whole lot of whining from immature fanboys. Hope this doesn't become a trend here.
I would agree. There are a few Fwooshers that I've bumped heads with through the years, but for the most part the atmosphere here is much nicer than he-man.org. He-Man.org was great when the 200x series was still around and NECA was doing their stactions, but once MOTUC started the vibe tanked.
Piffy
The Fruity Guy

Fri Jul 23, 2021 5:54 pm

os189 wrote:Image

Grow up.

docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:17 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
bezem wrote:
The Gill-Man wrote:

I was vaguely aware that outside of this site MOTU fans had a reputation for being unpleasant but I wasn't a collector, just a fan of the IP since I grew up with it. Wasn't until I started buying Origins figures about a month ago I got my first taste of it (though not in the Origins thread, that's been super pleasant in my experience so far.) I found myself literally giggling at the rage over the new cartoon yesterday because my brain locked on to adults getting so heated over a show whose star is named "He-Man." I love this IP, but I can only be so serious about something that was an animated commercial for characters like "Fisto" and "Mechaneck." It's so inherently silly and trippy it should be nothing but lighthearted fun, and yet there's such intense negativity attached to it.
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:27 pm

docsilence wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:17 pm
The Gill-Man wrote:
bezem wrote:

I was vaguely aware that outside of this site MOTU fans had a reputation for being unpleasant but I wasn't a collector, just a fan of the IP since I grew up with it. Wasn't until I started buying Origins figures about a month ago I got my first taste of it (though not in the Origins thread, that's been super pleasant in my experience so far.) I found myself literally giggling at the rage over the new cartoon yesterday because my brain locked on to adults getting so heated over a show whose star is named "He-Man." I love this IP, but I can only be so serious about something that was an animated commercial for characters like "Fisto" and "Mechaneck." It's so inherently silly and trippy it should be nothing but lighthearted fun, and yet there's such intense negativity attached to it.
I agree! I mean, this was a series with characters named "Stinkor" and "Buzz-Off". The fact that people are not only taking it so seriously, but are willing to die on a hill of petulant manbaby crying because the cartoon is changing one or two things, is a bit baffling.
8 Immortal Master
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:33 pm

I see the hatred and intolerance are still alive and well on this board. I came to this thread specifically to eat popcorn and watch the discord. The traditionalists crying that without He-Man as the focus and Teela as the star it's really She-Man and the Masters of the U and too woke. Then of course on the other side those that do like it getting on their soap boxes and pontificating that anyone who does not embrace it is immature, sexist, racist etc... You ALL need to grow up. Every single one of you! This may come as a shock as I know it's not "en vogue" to think thusly nowadays but it is ok for someone to like something you do not. Conversely It's also ok for someone to not like something that you do. It's even ok for someone to make a joke about it either way, even if you personally do not find it humorous. How about live and let live? Like what you like, enjoy it and stop being a troll trying to make everyone think as you do while imposing insults and labels upon those who do not. Some of you ppl on this board really make me sick... I swear the average age on here has to be 15, at least I hope it is... Now grow up and play with your toys!
The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:41 pm

8 Immortal Master wrote:
I see the hatred and intolerance are still alive and well on this board. I came to this thread specifically to eat popcorn and watch the discord. The traditionalists crying that without He-Man as the focus and Teela as the star it's really She-Man and the Masters of the U and too woke. Then of course on the other side those that do like it getting on their soap boxes and pontificating that anyone who does not embrace it is immature, sexist, racist etc... You ALL need to grow up. Every single one of you! This may come as a shock as I know it's not "en vogue" to think thusly nowadays but it is ok for someone to like something you do not. Conversely It's also ok for someone to not like something that you do. It's even ok for someone to make a joke about it either way, even if you personally do not find it humorous. How about live and let live? Like what you like, enjoy it and stop being a troll trying to make everyone think as you do while imposing insults and labels upon those who do not. Some of you ppl on this board really make me sick... I swear the average age on here has to be 15, at least I hope it is... Now grow up and play with your toys!
Winner of "Ironic Quote of the Day".
bezem
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:45 pm

The Gill-Man wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 6:41 pm
8 Immortal Master wrote:
Winner of "Ironic Quote of the Day".
Seriously. I felt slighted by this, but wasn't quite sure why :lol:

I can agree that this specific thread should just be about the toys though. That said, no spoilers as I'm still at work :D

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”