Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:38 pm

Visionary wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:09 pm
So wave one doesn’t hit until September? Wave 2 is October?
TRU Canada and EB Games are saying August for wave 1. Not saying that's for certain. Or accurate. Or true of the US. But that's what they're saying.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:55 pm

Cool.
Sounds better to me since the show starts next months and having figures drop while it’s hot would be smart on Mattel’s part.

Plus with Skelegod and BattleCat popping up now at Target it should bode well for the Aug 1 drop date too.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:59 am

I thought the line was suppose to hit Walmart in July & everywhere else in August?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 3:00 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Nebraska wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:58 pm
I don't think my store has sold a single Skelegod figure since stocking them Tuesday.

It's a bizarre decision for him to be the first figure in the line to come out since he's the least recognizable. I bet if it were regular HM and Skeletor in stores there'd be none left.
Despite how much I hate the look of him, I expect Skelegod will sell much better when the show is out and people can actually get invested in the design. Right now, it literally means nothing to people so it's not surprising that people just don't really care.
I think you nailed it. I'm seeing a lot of people on Facebook scooping up this figure, but then again I see a lot of these collector groups falling into the hype machine.

Preacherpool
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:21 pm

Honestly, I would have done the sparkly translucent transforming He-Man as the debut/preview figure. So that people could have at least had the main character with the new design and messed around with the articulation for a while and taken photos out in the sun.

Instead it's probably going to be some convention exclusive that you need to milk a male bull with your tongue to get a ticket for a lottery for a chance to buy it because !#@$ing Mattel.

Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:22 pm

I hope a future Prince Adam figure uses an all new sculpted body, given how much smaller than He-Man he is gonna be in the show.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:28 pm

Preacherpool wrote:Honestly, I would have done the sparkly translucent transforming He-Man as the debut/preview figure. So that people could have at least had the main character with the new design and messed around with the articulation for a while and taken photos out in the sun.

Instead it's probably going to be some convention exclusive that you need to milk a male bull with your tongue to get a ticket for a lottery for a chance to buy it because !#@$ing Mattel.

Definitely would have to be a male bull. Female ones are hard to find. Some may even say rarer than unicorns.

Sorry, country boy checking in.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:45 am

The Scaphoid head looks good on this.

Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:26 am

I was able to order Battlecat from Target about 2:30 this morning.

NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:24 pm

I just placed an order for Battle Cat a few minutes ago. Got the app alert, checked out successfully, and by that time, it sold out again.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:32 pm

Battlecat seems to be popping in & out of stock every few minutes.

DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:35 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Preacherpool wrote:Honestly, I would have done the sparkly translucent transforming He-Man as the debut/preview figure. So that people could have at least had the main character with the new design and messed around with the articulation for a while and taken photos out in the sun.

Definitely would have to be a male bull. Female ones are hard to find. Some may even say rarer than unicorns.

It’s 2021, any Bovine can be a bull if they want to!
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:52 pm

DutyBeforeAll wrote:
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:

It’s 2021, any Bovine can be a bull if they want to!
Touché
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:11 am

Holy shit.

According to Toyshiz, Battle Cat and Skelegod are “first to market” to Target.

The Wave 1 single figures are “first to market” to Wal-Mart.

I laughed out loud reading this. This is so stupid on all levels.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:17 am

Roufuss wrote:
Wed Jun 23, 2021 6:11 am
Holy shit.

According to Toyshiz, Battle Cat and Skelegod are “first to market” to Target.

The Wave 1 single figures are “first to market” to Wal-Mart.

I laughed out loud reading this. This is so stupid on all levels.
It no longer surprises me. Between this and all of that chase figure bullshit amping up from certain companies, and the people running brands encouraging it, it's clear that they're just signaling for normies to come in and push the entire hobby back squarely into speculator territory. Making something "first to market" is a low key way of saying "it's gonna be 4 times MSRP for several months, have fun wasting your time." Great way to spit in the faces of the people that kept the collector market afloat through the dark times.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”