Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Shinigami_PL
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Tue Jun 15, 2021 8:32 am

Oh wow, he really is a lot smaller than I expected him to be, now I'm not sure why he's supposed to be more expensive than other figures. Skipping him but I have to say, looks like a really nice toy.
BurnKnuckle21
I wish I had super powers

Tue Jun 15, 2021 3:09 pm

Shinigami_PL wrote:Oh wow, he really is a lot smaller than I expected him to be, now I'm not sure why he's supposed to be more expensive than other figures. Skipping him but I have to say, looks like a really nice toy.
Even though he's not drastically bigger, he's still bigger and has more material, less stuff they can reuse, requires bigger packaging which takes up more shelf real estate. I think it's comparable to Marvel Legends deluxe figures. They are typically bigger like BAF characters or come with more accessories.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:10 pm

The magnetic attachment for the cape is an interesting idea. I dig it. I also like how they did the weighted ends on the cape. Pretty nice implementation, in my opinion, and vastly preferable over a pegged-in plastic cape. A thousand times better than 90% of the capes in Marvel Legends (just for example).

Looks like a lot of the articulation works really well. Obviously you can't expect much from the neck with that design. I'm a little bummed out by how the arms don't sit down at his sides, and I hope that's not a common issue in the line.

Looks like a pretty good figure. I won't be picking it up though. I think the actual design itself is [email protected]#$ awful. Whether it looks cool in the show or not remains to be seen, but I really, really, really dislike it and I have no desire to have it on my shelf.
hotmitts
HULK SMASH!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:36 pm

I think the design is okay but there's too much going on colour wise, especially that neon green on the neck. Those shoulder pads are immense haha it is is based on something from the 80's I suppose
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:50 pm

Skelegod reminds me of Gurren Lagann.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 15, 2021 11:04 pm

Nebraska wrote:
Tue Jun 15, 2021 10:50 pm
Skelegod reminds me of Gurren Lagann.
I can see that. It also reminds me of Lord Helspont from WildCATS.
He-Man
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed Jun 16, 2021 6:39 pm

Just picked Skelegod up. It’s nice to be able to buy MOTU in store. There were several on the shelf. There have been several Major Bludd figures as well as Rise of Evil packs there as well. They sit there all day and over multiple days now. Hopefully the bubble is bursting on these things.
hotmitts
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:13 pm

He-Man wrote:
Just picked Skelegod up. It’s nice to be able to buy MOTU in store. There were several on the shelf. There have been several Major Bludd figures as well as Rise of Evil packs there as well. They sit there all day and over multiple days now. Hopefully the bubble is bursting on these things.
My question is always how does the figure feel in hand ? Like, solid, quality, good joints etc?
He-Man

Thu Jun 17, 2021 12:29 am

hotmitts wrote:
Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:13 pm
He-Man wrote:
My question is always how does the figure feel in hand ? Like, solid, quality, good joints etc?
Truth be told the joints are loose as can be. Kinda disappointed in that but it’s not like it can’t be stood up or posed. The package is heavy. Cape needs replaced but that said the layers and weights make it interesting. Better than a flat piece of cloth. (It’s more than one flat piece of cloth, haha.)

Hbhf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:27 am

Really dug the trailer. Figures look better than I was expecting.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:42 am

So the cape isn’t held by magnets? JC says they’re not magnets but a clip instead.

So why the 2 metal pieces?

Felt has to be the cheapest material possible to use for a cape. Whoever made that decision should not be allowed to make decisions again.
He-Man

Thu Jun 17, 2021 2:44 pm

Visionary wrote:
Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:42 am
So the cape isn’t held by magnets? JC says they’re not magnets but a clip instead.

So why the 2 metal pieces?

Felt has to be the cheapest material possible to use for a cape. Whoever made that decision should not be allowed to make decisions again.
Yeah it’s a clip, not magnets. Not sure what the thought process was on the entirety of the cape design.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:46 am

Sounds like Series 2 is

Man At Arms
Teela
Beast Man
Spikor

with an October release date. Wave 1 and 2 has apparently started going live for pre order on some sites is how this is known.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:30 am

Quick thoughts on Skelegod.

I like it and it’s a nice figure but the ankle joints are not sturdy enough to not worry about it falling over constantly,especially on a hot day.
It’s like others say that there is a cheap gumminess to the plastic.

The cape dosn’t bother me as much in person.

For me personally the figure is better for customs or headswaps but since I bought 2 I will keep one as is.

The head is great for popping on other figures especially Origins Skeletor,which I didn’t have handy.

I give it a 7 out of 10 and hope Mattel improves the joint issues going forward.

Here’s some quick pics

Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jun 18, 2021 7:32 am

Super Camel wrote:
Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:46 am
Sounds like Series 2 is

Man At Arms
Teela
Beast Man
Spikor

with an October release date. Wave 1 and 2 has apparently started going live for pre order on some sites is how this is known.
Sounds good

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”

Recent Topics