Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Mon May 03, 2021 7:40 pm

FlexionDynamo wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 4:59 pm
I keep seeing one or two Sky Sleds on shelves but I cant pull the trigger for some reason. Maybe I just dont want to go down the Rabbit Hole for Vehicles.
That can definitely be a thing. So far the MOTU vehicles have been pretty manageable in size but some of the potential looming ones are gonna be pretty big.
FlexionDynamo
Runs Around in Tights

Mon May 03, 2021 7:48 pm

Plus I ended up getting all the MOTU Mega Contrux (except SDCC Battel Bones, GID ScareGlow and Flocked Moss Man .\/. ) so that fills the Void! Plus they scale better for my brain.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue May 04, 2021 2:44 am

jimbles wrote: I would really like to see them release just the vehicle without Adam at a $20 MSRP, maybe on an extra wide card back like the current single deluxe figures. And have good guy and bad guy versions separate, so we can get more awesome original card art.
This.

They haven't gone on sale in my area at all, unfortunately. I'd really like to have a good guy one and a bad guy one for when my son and I are playing, so we don't have to keep swapping the parts around, but I'm not at all keen on paying the extra money for another Adam we don't want or need. Making an 'army builder vehicle' and pairing it with Prince Adam was a bizarre decision to begin with, really.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 04, 2021 5:50 am

Not sure if he still sells this well now, but when these were exclusive to Wal-Mart still, I got about $20 for the extra Prince Adam from the second Sky Sled I bought.

I also found a flocked Panthor this weekend — not sure why I bought it, dont really like flocked stuff, but they only had one and I guess exclusive FOMO got the best of me.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 04, 2021 5:57 am

Grabbed another Sky Sled for the $20 over the weekend.

Want to use the extra Adam vest piece for a Thundarr The Barbarian custom hopefully.

Hope the Castle starts flooding the market soon.
copperthedog
Here comes a new challenger!

Tue May 04, 2021 4:12 pm

My Ebay "Rise of Evil" two-pack arrived today. Awesome set! While I was too impatient to wait and find it in the store or to let the price come down on Ebay, I'm not sure how this seller made any money worth the effort. I paid $75 plus taxes on my end. If you minus the two-pack cost , $30, and the shipping, $21.09 postage, you're left with $24. Then you minus Ebay, Paypal, and his local taxes-less than $20 bucks?
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 04, 2021 4:46 pm

The Sky Sled would have sold so much better with an Eternian Guard packed in instead of Prince Adam. They could have refreshed it down the road with a Snakeman as the included figure.

Also, Prince Adam comes with a complete sword, but both versions of He-Man only have half-swords? Jeez Louise, Mattel makes some odd decisions.
KnightDamien

Tue May 04, 2021 10:32 pm

Ash Talon wrote: Also, Prince Adam comes with a complete sword, but both versions of He-Man only have half-swords? Jeez Louise, Mattel makes some odd decisions.
To be fair.. the half-swords are better because they at least fit into the figures' hands. The version of the full sword Adam comes with is the one with the giant handle that he can't actually hold properly. I think it actually would have been worse to get He-Man with that sword sculpt. Still waiting for a good full sword.

Ash Talon wrote: The Sky Sled would have sold so much better with an Eternian Guard packed in instead of Prince Adam. They could have refreshed it down the road with a Snakeman as the included figure.
Agreed. I mean, I can't speak for anyone else but I would have at least two Sky Sleds, instead of the one, if it had come with some type of army builder figure. And I still would have bought Adam single-carded.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 04, 2021 10:42 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:32 pm
Agreed. I mean, I can't speak for anyone else but I would have at least two Sky Sleds, instead of the one, if it had come with some type of army builder figure. And I still would have bought Adam single-carded.
I think a good strategy for Adam would have been the Classics route, except instead of pairing him with Orko you could pair him with Cringer. Then sell it as a deluxe release. That way the Sky Sled could have been freed up for either a single item release or the figure pack-in release, but with a different character. Heck... why not a Skelcon? Of all the army builders, that's probably the most coveted.

Granted, it's not... "vintage" from a toy perspective, but it's certainly old as hell in terms of when it appeared in the annals of MOTU history.
GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble

Tue May 04, 2021 10:56 pm

Ash Talon wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 4:46 pm
The Sky Sled would have sold so much better with an Eternian Guard packed in instead of Prince Adam. They could have refreshed it down the road with a Snakeman as the included figure.
That would have been excellent. That Eternian guard two-pack from MOTU Classics was one of my favorite items in the line.

As it was, I dumped Prince Adam on eBay as soon as I found a Sky Sled.
jonaskane
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 04, 2021 11:00 pm

Wandered into my local Target today hoping to find some GI Joe stuff and instead stumbled onto a Keldor/Kronis pack. Definitely didn't expect to run across that.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue May 04, 2021 11:39 pm

jonaskane wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 11:00 pm
Wandered into my local Target today hoping to find some GI Joe stuff and instead stumbled onto a Keldor/Kronis pack. Definitely didn't expect to run across that.
Nice! Great find. Sucks the GI Joes you were after weren't there, but at least they had some sort of Target Exclusive. My local Target's only exclusive is, that they exclusively don't ever have Target exclusives.
KnightDamien

Wed May 05, 2021 12:48 am

jimbles wrote: Granted, it's not... "vintage" from a toy perspective, but it's certainly old as hell in terms of when it appeared in the annals of MOTU history.
I can't imagine that's a concern anyway. Keldor and Kronis aren't vintage designs either. They're not even close to being as old a design as something like Skelcons. But yeah, I was pretty surprised that they didn't go the Adam/Cringer route.
And all that ignores that if they'd handled the roll out better and made sure there were actual figures on the pegs right away, they really could've just sold the Sky Sled by itself. It didn't need a figure. Battle Cat, Panthor, and the Landshark don't have figures packed in and people still want them.
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Wed May 05, 2021 4:15 pm

The Walmart by me had a Sky Sled on clearance for around $23. Managed to find a lone flocked Panthor.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat May 08, 2021 3:14 am

Just got the email about the Power Con exclusives for this year.

Horde 4 pack - Filmatiion color Hordak, dark Grizzlor, red Horde Trooper and Black Horde Trooper. - $150

2-pack of Leo Faker and Duplicat - battle cat repaint in blue, orange and silver. - $60

Castle Greyskull accessory pack - dungeon grate w/ tentacle, Space suit and "spirit of Greyskull" effect - $30

I don't do Origins really, but I'm going to need that Duplicat.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”