Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Joda
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:38 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:20 pm
I just got notice from BBTS Wave 4 is shipping.

And Joda, I haven't got my Battle Armor figures shipped yet either. I have x2 BA He-Man and x1 BA Skeletor, and nothing yet on either despite many having them shipped. Who knows.
I did talk to a CS rep, and it sounds like they do 'de-prioritize' customers who cancel a large percentage of pre-orders (regardless of when they were placed), so I'm nervously wondering if that's factoring in to my situation. I tend to change my mind so often; their computer system probably hates me. :(
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:49 pm

lol. I do that too. I change my mind all the time on things, or sometimes find things at retail ahead of BBTS shipping them. But thats the beauty of their site. It's so easy to order, pre order, and change or cancel orders. I love BBTS.

But, I have no doubt we will get our Battle Armor figures from them soon. They have always fulfilled any pre order I have had unless a company just outright cancels a figure (I'm looking at you DC Direct/Collectibles).
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:56 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:49 pm
I love BBTS. But still, it's odd if they de prioritize on folks who constantly cancel orders.
It upsets me because it's not listed in any of their site policies or in the FAQ section. I go to bat for them time and time again, but this whole situation is just underhanded enough to make me uncomfortable. I never thought of myself as abusing their pre-order system, but clearly the algorithms they have in place feel otherwise.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:47 pm

Wait, what is BBTS doing? I order the bulk of my stuff through them, but I have cancelled things in the past.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Fri Mar 19, 2021 7:56 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Wait, what is BBTS doing? I order the bulk of my stuff through them, but I have cancelled things in the past.
There's a theory that BBTS intentionally delays processing orders for those who frequently cancel preorders. I don't buy it. I think they just take longer to process items that have been sitting in Pile of Loot longer. Usually my orders take a while to fulfill. I click to ship my loot, and it sits processing for days before I see any tracking info. I think it has more to do with how long you keep items waiting in your Pile before you ship. But my theory seems just about as credible (or non-credible) as the theory that they spite their customers for taking business elsewhere. And even if they do that, I wouldn't blame them.

I had Scare Glow unintentionally sitting in the sun, charging up, then brought him to my attic storage and MAN did he glow. I totally forgot that he's GITD! It's been a long time since I've bought a figure with that feature. It was pretty impressive!
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:41 pm

NORM wrote:
S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
There's a theory that BBTS intentionally delays processing orders for those who frequently cancel preorders. I don't buy it. I think they just take longer to process items that have been sitting in Pile of Loot longer. Usually my orders take a while to fulfill. I click to ship my loot, and it sits processing for days before I see any tracking info. I think it has more to do with how long you keep items waiting in your Pile before you ship. But my theory seems just about as credible (or non-credible) as the theory that they spite their customers for taking business elsewhere. And even if they do that, I wouldn't blame them.

I had Scare Glow unintentionally sitting in the sun, charging up, then brought him to my attic storage and MAN did he glow. I totally forgot that he's GITD! It's been a long time since I've bought a figure with that feature. It was pretty impressive!
It's not theory. It was confirmed by their CS Associate. And it's regarding the order in which pre-orders are fulfilled. It's not (directly) a POL issue.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:44 pm

Where was this confirmation? If that's truly the case, again, I don't blame them. They're a small company, and even if they don't outline that in their policies, I think that they can make their own consequences for those who take advantage of the cancellation policy. You wanna cancel, cancel with Amazon or Pulse who won't notice the loss. Or be more careful about what you preorder.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:57 pm

NORM wrote:

I don't know if there are different GITD formulas or what exactly the effect is dependent on, but Scareglow is probably the brightest GITD figure I've ever owned. To the point where I look forward to the inevitable toxic poisoning we're all going to have from handling him.
Joda
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:59 pm

NORM wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:44 pm
Where was this confirmation?
On the phone.

And yes, it means I should be more careful in the future.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:12 pm

Should I stop ordering from my 15+ year old BBTS account and start a new one under a different email account and assumed name?
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Mar 19, 2021 11:27 pm

Yeah, that's a weird system. I'd love to know what the threshold is. I typically pre-order now, and decided what to keep later. I typically I know what I'll buy, but I do change my mind and pivot to something else as new stuff is announced. I'll have to be more judicious going forward I guess.

Edit: and to keep it on the thread topic, my BBTS POL is full of MOTU origins right now.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 20, 2021 7:06 am

Slightly more on topic, I’m absolutely loving how much easier it is to get these figures now that the Wal-Mart exclusive period ended.

I had to bust ass to find everyone in Wave 1, but Wave 3 has been plentiful at multiple Targets (Ive run across multiples of each throughout the month which never happens), BBTS / Amazon came through on Wave 2, BBTS has come through with Wave 4 and Ram Man.

It’s so nice to be able to collect a line, have fun, and not stress about it, compared to NECA TMNT, Mezco, and the sister line WWE Masters.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:15 am

Roufuss wrote:
It’s so nice to be able to collect a line, have fun, and not stress about it, compared to NECA TMNT, Mezco, and the sister line WWE Masters.
I straight up stopped even thinking about the WWE Masters line. Far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist. It absolutely killed me to do that, because I wanted to be up to my neck in 80s wrestling legends decked out in MOTU gear.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:36 am

jimbles wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:15 am
Roufuss wrote:
I straight up stopped even thinking about the WWE Masters line. Far as I'm concerned it doesn't exist. It absolutely killed me to do that, because I wanted to be up to my neck in 80s wrestling legends decked out in MOTU gear.
I 100% get this. I don’t even collect everything in that line and it’s a pain. I was in too deep by wave 4 to quit.

I managed to find Wave 1 at a local toy shop when Wave 3 was hitting and used trades to bring them close to retail.

Wave 2 I found at Walmart. They stocked this wave tons, multiple times.

Wave 3 I got extremely lucky and happened to be in Walmart the minute they dropped.

Wave 4 I only found Seth Rollins. My stores stocked one case and then moved to Wave 5. I eBayed Mr. T and Jake the Snake.

Wave 5 I found Roddy at retail, never found Macho Man repaint. Wont be paying the eBay markup for a repaint so I’ll never get him.

Snake Mountain never showed up at my stores.

I’ll likely eBay who I want out of Wave 6 and be done with it.

I’m real glad Origins didn’t end up like this.
maverick10126
Have You Heard About Todd's DC Line?

Mon Mar 22, 2021 7:15 pm

Found stratos ninjor and tri-klops at target.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”