Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
GUTS_2010
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Masters Of The Universe Origins

Thu Jul 23, 2020 7:32 pm

Starting over.

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

mjturny23
CROM!

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:22 pm

Has anyone picked these up yet? Any pics? I'm seriously tempted. Especially as the playability seems really good.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Jul 23, 2020 11:40 pm

I'm still trying to find out if Walmarts in Canada will even have them. My wife knows the toys guy for our local store and they don't have anything in the back for this line yet (the official release date isn't until August). So who knows. Walmart exclusives in Canada are an absolute joke, so I'd honestly be kind of surprised to see these locally, which sucks.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:13 am

mjturny23 wrote:
Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:22 pm
Has anyone picked these up yet? Any pics? I'm seriously tempted. Especially as the playability seems really good.
A friend of mine just let me know they were found in Tucson, AZ in-store.
Valo487
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:12 pm

Is there going to be any sort of “panel” for these? They were announced forever ago and they have to have new stuff in the pipeline to announce by now, at this rate Masters of the WWE Universe is going to steal all their thunder.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:02 am

Yeah, I was hoping we'd get some reveals or info for this line. Though I guess I'm not expecting much from SDCC-at-Home at this point. Maybe we'll be lucky and some news will drop tomorrow.

If nothing else, the latest reveals for the WWE crossover showed that they've tooled armor bits for Zodac, Jitsu, Hordak and Dragonblaster Skeletor, so I guess that's something.
KnightDamien

Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:55 pm

Falling Downer wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:02 am
Yeah, I was hoping we'd get some reveals or info for this line. Though I guess I'm not expecting much from SDCC-at-Home at this point. Maybe we'll be lucky and some news will drop tomorrow.

If nothing else, the latest reveals for the WWE crossover showed that they've tooled armor bits for Zodac, Jitsu, Hordak and Dragonblaster Skeletor, so I guess that's something.
I thought Saturday, being the first day they can expect everyone to be at home with nothing to do, would be a really big day for SDCC-at-Home, and instead we barely got ANY news at all. Like, almost nothing popped up on any major toy news sites at all. Super depressing.
Valo487
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:36 pm

Mattel’s WWE line is the only line I follow to actually treat this online version like actual SDCC. Very disappointing. Hasbro at least has the excuse of focusing on their Fan First events, what’s the excuse for these? It’s been a year of waiting for them to finally be available, logic says there has to be a ton of new stuff in various stages of development, it would be nice to have some indication that this line is going to go smoother than MOTUC.
KnightDamien

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:47 pm

Valo487 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:36 pm
Mattel’s WWE line is the only line I follow to actually treat this online version like actual SDCC. Very disappointing. Hasbro at least has the excuse of focusing on their Fan First events, what’s the excuse for these? It’s been a year of waiting for them to finally be available, logic says there has to be a ton of new stuff in various stages of development, it would be nice to have some indication that this line is going to go smoother than MOTUC.
I think a big problem for this line, specifically, is that we've actually seen a LOT of product for it that hasn't made its way out yet. I've only even seen a handful of people that even have He-Man and Skeletor. Besides those two, the only thing to make it out into the world at all yet is the Sky Sled - and again, just barely, really.

We've seen Teela, Evil-Lyn, Beast Man, Trap-Jaw, Battle Cat, Scare Glow, Man-at-Arms, Man-E-Faces, AND Orko. And NONE of those have popped up in stores yet. I'm not even sure how excited I'd be to see more figures revealed at this point. I'd rather get more -information- from Mattel. When are these -actually- supposed to be available? Are they going to be at Walmarts outside of the US? If so, when? What stores are carrying these for 2021 when Walmart's exclusivity is over? You don't need to show me new toys to get me excited - tell me how I can buy the ones I've already seen.
Valo487
Avengers Assemble

Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:57 pm

I think in retrospect it may have been a mistake for them to reveal these so early, I was excited just like everybody else but this has been an especially long wait by modern standards, at this point they are getting lapped by the Masters of the WWE Universe line, these almost seem like a supplement to that instead of the other way around which is more accurate. The exclusive deal with Walmart for 2020 is very odd because by the time they get out, the year is winding down. While I am certainly not disappointed to have to spend less time dealing with Walmart, it just seems like a very odd deal for them to make. Is the Super7 contract the reason, or is it just Mattel being themselves?
KnightDamien

Sun Jul 26, 2020 7:15 pm

Valo487 wrote:
Sun Jul 26, 2020 6:57 pm
I think in retrospect it may have been a mistake for them to reveal these so early, I was excited just like everybody else but this has been an especially long wait by modern standards, at this point they are getting lapped by the Masters of the WWE Universe line, these almost seem like a supplement to that instead of the other way around which is more accurate. The exclusive deal with Walmart for 2020 is very odd because by the time they get out, the year is winding down. While I am certainly not disappointed to have to spend less time dealing with Walmart, it just seems like a very odd deal for them to make. Is the Super7 contract the reason, or is it just Mattel being themselves?
Super7 has nothing to do with it. Mattel yanked the license straight up and said 'only we can make this stuff now.' I imagine it had more to do with Walmart not even wanting to carry the line at all unless it was exclusive to them.
mjturny23
CROM!

Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:46 pm

It seems like most brands are slowly filtering information before and most likely after SDCC, rather than one big load like previous years.

I read on He-Man.org that Mattel are doing online stuff for Power Con weekend so I think they'll reveal some stuff then, but there are a lot that we know about that are on their way.

In terms of general information, I believe 1st Aug is the release date and they are Walmart exclusive for 2020 only. Also, I have seen them up for pre-order on a number of sites in the UK.

Personally, I've pre-ordered all of them and I can't wait. I think they're going to top classics for me - playability and the feel of them is more important to me that the detail of the paint and sculpt.
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:26 am

I don’t plan on collecting the line but I stumbled across all of wave 1 today in Branson Freaking Missouri of all places.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Johnas
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:40 am

They had four each of He-Man and Skeletor, with just one each of everyone else. I hope that wasn't just one case.
GoldBlade6
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 27, 2020 3:49 am

It's going to be impossible to get unpunched figures in decent package shape for this line.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”