Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
canprime
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Thu Aug 18, 2022 7:34 pm

mikeysee wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:16 pm
Not to salt the wounds of our northern neighbors, but Walmart has Snout Spout in stock right now: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-Of-T ... hbdg=L1100

I haven't managed to find Leech or Mantenna yet but I don't think Target has actually started stocking them yet.
:evil: :(

Thanks for that....... :lol:

We really got short shrift on the deluxe figures up here, at least at regular retail.

We did ok with BA He-Man/Skeletor and Buzzsaw Hordak. Then we went all in, and then some, with Clamp Champ and Ram Man. So much so that I was still seeing them at $5 clearance at some local Walmarts last week. Everything else has only been available through independent online retailers up here in limited quantities, so if you missed out early on that was it. Never saw Mosquitor and Eternian Palace Guard at regular retail. So far Flying Fists He-Man and Terror Claw Skeletor have only been at online retailers, and some availability at Amazon.ca. We'll have to wait and see about Leech and Snout Spout, but considering deluxe figures are now between $35-$40Cdn it may be a bridge too far for me.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:16 am

canprime wrote:We did ok with BA He-Man/Skeletor and Buzzsaw Hordak.
I actually never saw any Hordaks. It went from the BA variants right to the absolute glut of Clamp Champs and Ram Mans.

In my neck of the woods, most of the Ram Mans have finally dried up. But I think every Walmart in driving distance from my place still has at least 8-15 Clamp Champs on clearance for 5 dollars. Definitely doesn't leave me feeling hopeful that we'll see Leech at all, even if I did want to pay whatever obnoxious price Walmart Canada is going to be charging for deluxe figures now.

canprime wrote: Never saw Mosquitor and Eternian Palace Guard at regular retail.
I think the Palace Guard was exclusive to etailers, wasn't it? So only places like BBTS actually got that. Maybe I'm wrong?

canprime wrote: For a line that initially started as a budget friendly, kids skewed, line it has really turned.
That's definitely what I find so disheartening about the whole thing. This line was such a breath of fresh air when even the simplest 'collector' action figure was being jacked up to crazy prices, you could spend the same money and get two MOTUO figures with change to spare and end up with figures that were pretty good looking for display, but equally great to just throw on the floor and play with with the kids.
It was nice, if just for a while, to again feel like someone was interested in just making good toys for a good price instead of everything being 30+ dollar 'collector' stuff not even really meant for kids to play with.
canprime
CROM!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:43 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:16 am
canprime wrote:We did ok with BA He-Man/Skeletor and Buzzsaw Hordak.
I actually never saw any Hordaks. It went from the BA variants right to the absolute glut of Clamp Champs and Ram Mans.

In my neck of the woods, most of the Ram Mans have finally dried up. But I think every Walmart in driving distance from my place still has at least 8-15 Clamp Champs on clearance for 5 dollars. Definitely doesn't leave me feeling hopeful that we'll see Leech at all, even if I did want to pay whatever obnoxious price Walmart Canada is going to be charging for deluxe figures now.

canprime wrote: Never saw Mosquitor and Eternian Palace Guard at regular retail.
I think the Palace Guard was exclusive to etailers, wasn't it? So only places like BBTS actually got that. Maybe I'm wrong?

canprime wrote: For a line that initially started as a budget friendly, kids skewed, line it has really turned.
That's definitely what I find so disheartening about the whole thing. This line was such a breath of fresh air when even the simplest 'collector' action figure was being jacked up to crazy prices, you could spend the same money and get two MOTUO figures with change to spare and end up with figures that were pretty good looking for display, but equally great to just throw on the floor and play with with the kids.
It was nice, if just for a while, to again feel like someone was interested in just making good toys for a good price instead of everything being 30+ dollar 'collector' stuff not even really meant for kids to play with.
Agreed.

I find that my oldest likes to play with the TF:Cyberverse toys the most. Probably because of the simple transformations and gimmicks. When I'm doing laundry on the weekend he'll come down and pull out the bin of Cyberverse figs and we'll play for a good long while. Considering I picked up a bunch of them for $5-$6 at Walmart.ca about 18-24 months ago so it is fine if they get damaged.

I want to do that with MOTU:O but he doesn't seem quite as interested, probably because they aren't quite at "Roblox/Minecraft" styled like Cyberverse which is more blocky, but that is just a guess on my part.

As for Buzzsaw Hordak I found him at Canadian Tire during the holiday season in a good bit of quantities, but nowhere else. Though I did see someone post finding him at a Walmart in the GTA (Toronto area) so there might have been limited stock there as well.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 1:36 am

I now have all the figures from the newest Wave with 200X he-Man and Skeletor from BBTS (they shipped in two separate shipments, so I had to wait for 200X Skeletor and Mantenna)

200X He-Man, Mantenna, and Pig Head I always thought looked great, and they are. But every time I saw that 200X Origins Skeletor online, I thought something about that sculpted on hood made it look wrong or weird. Having it in person, I really like this figure too. It looks so much better in person. So really, a very solid Wave.

I have to say, I love Pig Head.

I'm realizing now that sentence........no, I don't care. I love Pig head.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:30 pm

Scored a Roton this morning! Canceled my preorder.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:24 pm

Liquidus Snake wrote:
Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:15 pm
ODBJBG wrote:Does anyone have New Eternia Beastman and some MOTU Origins figures and could show me the furry armor on an Origins figure? Please and thank you!
Here you go! It comes down a little low, but I think it could work with some finagling.
Thanks man! You're a gentleman and a scholar!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:48 pm

I was the wrong age to have watched 200X MOTU but I got the He-Man and Skeletor yesterday from BBTS and I really, REALLY like the subtle palette and design changes from the originals. Like I'm surprised how much I like them. This line continues to keep me hooked one neat lil figure at a time.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 19, 2022 11:53 pm

We were talking about price hikes for this line in the US, Canada, etc. And I had said how Origins in the US went from $9.99 to $12.99, and then to $14.99

Well, in two different Wal-Marts today on their new resets they had origins for $17.98

Thats like what BBTS charges, but I thought they were just pricing a bit higher. I guess $18 is the price now even at Wal-Mart here in the US.
4LOTT
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 1:03 pm

On another note, anyone else get a shipping notification for their SDCC exclusive orders? Finally got mine, however I only ordered the Back in Action 3 pack and I’m located in Canada.
Lasastard
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:12 pm

NORM wrote:
Congrats!

I finally caved and ordered mine online at full retail just now. I was originally waiting for it to go on sale, as most (all?) vehicles have done so far, but I got cold feet :lol:
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:10 pm

Lasastard wrote:
NORM wrote:
Congrats!

I finally caved and ordered mine online at full retail just now. I was originally waiting for it to go on sale, as most (all?) vehicles have done so far, but I got cold feet :lol:
Hah thanks. I've got Kronis piloting the Roton. Looks pretty cool in there with the roll cage. And I have an extra LoP Merman that donated his armor to Revelations Merman, so this one got an extra MAA armor from a Palace Guard, and he's piloting the Land Shark. I like these vehicles having dedicated pilots.

Speaking of those Palace Guards, I put the extra armored heads from Ram Man on them, and they make a pretty cool variation to the standard Palace Guard. Each of them will pilot either the Wind Raider or some Sky Sleds. I'll try to get a photo up at some point of the vehicles and their riders.
nilocomic
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:26 pm

NORM wrote:
Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:10 pm
Lasastard wrote:
NORM wrote:
Congrats!

Hah thanks. I've got Kronis piloting the Roton. Looks pretty cool in there with the roll cage. And I have an extra LoP Merman that donated his armor to Revelations Merman, so this one got an extra MAA armor from a Palace Guard, and he's piloting the Land Shark. I like these vehicles having dedicated pilots.

Speaking of those Palace Guards, I put the extra armored heads from Ram Man on them, and they make a pretty cool variation to the standard Palace Guard. Each of them will pilot either the Wind Raider or some Sky Sleds. I'll try to get a photo up at some point of the vehicles and their riders.
Could you post pics of these variations you’ve made? They sound interesting.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 5:11 am

For those of you who have them, start checking your local Ollie's Bargain Outlets.

This was the scene at my closest store on Thursday.
ImageOllie's overload by lionpride75, on Flickr

ImageOllie's overload by lionpride75, on Flickr

JUST the Keldor/Kronis 2 pack, but you can see how many there were.
canprime
CROM!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:49 am

GEEZ...US!!!

That is a lot of product at one store. I wonder how well it will move at $18US? I imagine most of us who wanted a set have already snagged one, whether it was full price, or on sale.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:32 pm

Oh great, Toy Guru has a new picture he can slip into his next YouTube video. Ollie's must have bought up a bunch of Mattel product because I've been seeing solid cases of WWE wrestlers. The store I was in yesterday had a huge amount of one Jurassic Park set. Ollie's usually does 50% off the retail price of toys, which is pretty good, unless said item was already heavily discounted. Keldor/Kronis are double the lowest price I saw at Target

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”