Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:36 pm

Palace Guard at Big lots is the exception, not the rule. I’ve never seen it around here. Been waiting on my BBTS order which finally hit my PoL.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:13 pm

Maybe I didn't try hard enough, but I never saw the guards, either. Hunting at Big Lots isn't my cup of tea, even when they are directly across the street from my Target and there's another store about 5 minutes down the road from work. I took a few shots prior to Christmas and once this week. I also watched for store pick up, but never seen anything available.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Jan 15, 2022 2:11 am

canprime wrote: Up here (Canada) the Roboto wave was fairly easy to find for the longest time. Same with the Faker wave. However every other wave, so far, either hasn't been available, or in such limited quantities that if might as well have not be available. Wave 1 He-Man and Skeletor were over distributed to you guys in the US, but we never saw them up here.
Yup. I saw v1 He-Man and Skeletor once, and bought them the only time I saw them. I've also seen the re-issue He-Man (but weirdly, not Skeletor) once. But I've seen the Faker and Roboto waves hundreds of times at basically every Walmart and Toys R' Us in and around the city. Now. .the Ninjor wave, I never saw even once. And my son is STILL upset that he never got a Ninjor.
canprime wrote: Same with the deluxes. Very limited quantities of everything so far, except for Ram-Man and Clamp Champ.
I am legitimately tired of seeing Ram Man and Clamp Champ spilling across 8 feet of shelving. But I only saw the BA figures twice. Maybe three times. The BA He-Man w/ Battle Cat deluxe set dried up SUPER quick as well, in fact. I saw it a couple of times, but when it was gone.. it was gone. Now I'm just hoping we'll be able to find Flying Fists He-Man, as my son is pretty excited about that one.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote: I'm sort of hopeful that they'll mix in more of the knock off lines like Warrior Beasts and Pirates of the Galaxseas now that we have Sun Man I'm the mix.
I would love that.

TENIME_art wrote: Price is actually the bigger concern, unfortunately... :|
Amazon.ca was just recently selling the castle for 67 CAD (it's normally 89.99 here), so maybe just can an eye out and you'll be able to find it on for a good price. Honestly, I wasn't even mad to see it going for less than I paid. Worth every penny either way.
canprime
Avengers Assemble

Sat Jan 15, 2022 1:31 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
canprime wrote: Up here (Canada) the Roboto wave was fairly easy to find for the longest time. Same with the Faker wave. However every other wave, so far, either hasn't been available, or in such limited quantities that if might as well have not be available. Wave 1 He-Man and Skeletor were over distributed to you guys in the US, but we never saw them up here.
Yup. I saw v1 He-Man and Skeletor once, and bought them the only time I saw them. I've also seen the re-issue He-Man (but weirdly, not Skeletor) once. But I've seen the Faker and Roboto waves hundreds of times at basically every Walmart and Toys R' Us in and around the city. Now. .the Ninjor wave, I never saw even once. And my son is STILL upset that he never got a Ninjor.
canprime wrote: Same with the deluxes. Very limited quantities of everything so far, except for Ram-Man and Clamp Champ.
I am legitimately tired of seeing Ram Man and Clamp Champ spilling across 8 feet of shelving. But I only saw the BA figures twice. Maybe three times. The BA He-Man w/ Battle Cat deluxe set dried up SUPER quick as well, in fact. I saw it a couple of times, but when it was gone.. it was gone. Now I'm just hoping we'll be able to find Flying Fists He-Man, as my son is pretty excited about that one.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote: I'm sort of hopeful that they'll mix in more of the knock off lines like Warrior Beasts and Pirates of the Galaxseas now that we have Sun Man I'm the mix.
I would love that.

TENIME_art wrote: Price is actually the bigger concern, unfortunately... :|
L

Amazon.ca was just recently selling the castle for 67 CAD (it's normally 89.99 here), so maybe just can an eye out and you'll be able to find it on for a good price. Honestly, I wasn't even mad to see it going for less than I paid. Worth every penny either way.
Yeah I'm still sore about the HM/BC deluxe set. I saw one at Walmart last year, but passed because of the price. I thought that it would be the same as the Sky Sled, Land Shark, Keldor 2 pack and Battle Cat. Lots of stock that would sit on shelves for months on end and finally get, at least, a sale. NOPE. Stupid distribution means they came and went and now I am kicking myself. Oh well, hopefully I'll find one in the future somewhere.

The Ninjor wave I saw once at TRU, but I had already picked up Hordak and Ninjor from an online retailer here. So I just double dipped on Hordak and got Tri-Klops and Stratos.

Amazon.ca has Castle Grayskull on sale right now for $64CDN. I just don't understand the BC and Sky Sled prices. They are clearly the most overproduced sets, and the biggest peg warmers, yet they are the least reduced/clearanced/on sale of the line. I mean the lowest I have seen the Sky Sled is $20, but it is clogging shelves pretty much everywhere for over a year now!!!! Battle Cat is an even bigger offender. Without He-Man it has been nothing short of ridiculous how many I see at every store. Yet until recently it was no cheaper than $20. Even at that, only Canadian Tire has gone lower than $20 for Battle Cat, that I have seen.

Here's hoping something after wave 5 finally shows up soon because I really would like to get some new characters in my collection.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:25 pm

Yeah, Canada definitely has a problem with even distribution of Origins product. Then again, if you want BC/Panthor, the Deluxe packs, and/or the Wind Raider, now's the time to get to Canadian Tire. They're going for $15, $18, and $20 CAD respectively. Even if your local store isn't posting those clearance sales, they will match any other store within city limits which does have those sales.

P.S. Too bad I got in so late. I wish I could have gotten the Roboto and Ninjor waves for cheap at TRU. Anyway I got em. At least that's cool.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 15, 2022 9:58 pm

All the vehicles, Keldor/Kronis, Battle Cat, and to some degree BA He-Man/BC are lingering at my local Targets. All still full price. Single carded He-Man and Skeletor (first release) have disappeared mostly, replaced by the Sorceress wave, which is easily the most common wave I've seen outside of the first wave.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:49 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Amazon US has Ninjor available to order again, no estimated date of availability though.
minitaur
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:30 am

TENIME_art wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:19 pm
docsilence wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:10 pm
If you have the space for it, I can honestly say nothing I've bought toy-related in the past few years made me happier than the Origins Castle Grayskull. It's just a perfect remake of the original. I'm still trying to figure out where it lives in my house, but I don't regret buying it at all.
Price is actually the bigger concern, unfortunately... :|
Mine was $40 on Black Friday time sales at Target using two coupons.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 17, 2022 8:47 pm

I mean it was $75... That's original retail. For what it is? That's pretty much dirt cheap. It's a great value.

I too managed to get it for a bit cheaper, but still, even at full price, it's a good deal.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:21 am

Thank goodness for local sellers. Got my 2nd hand yet minty Castle for $40 CAD - delivered, lol. I guess it makes up for the other figures I overpaid for online when I was catching up.
ludovicotek
HULK SMASH!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:05 am

Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:10 am

Picked up Stridor at Target today. I've wanted him so badly, I wasn't going to wait for a sale.

I love him. Don't even regret paying full price. He comes with so much stuff and is so solid and chunky. Always been a big Battle Cat fan, but as far as this line is concerned, Stridor is easily my favorite beast/vehicle so far.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 4:27 pm

I'm going to sound like a shill to post this so soon after my prvious one, but all the vehicles and stuff have been a good value in this line. They're really nice and lots of play value for the pricing.

The only "bad deal" thus far, IMO, was the battle damaged He-Man/BattleCat set, which is a bit overpriced (although it's not much different than the price of both figures regularly).

I think for the value, and quality, this has been Mattel's best line in ages.
copperthedog
I wish I had super powers

Wed Jan 19, 2022 6:46 pm

I found a Stridor this morning at Target. Very cool, great articulation for a robot horse. I wish some of the same thought for Stridor and his articulation had went into Battle Cat.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:10 am

Falling Downer wrote:I wasn't going to wait for a sale.
That's been me for this entire line. The only thing I'm ambivalent enough about for that is the Landshark and an extra Sky Sled. I can wait on those because I just don't really care if I miss out entirely.
ODBJBG wrote: I'm going to sound like a shill to post this so soon after my prvious one, but all the vehicles and stuff have been a good value in this line. They're really nice and lots of play value for the pricing.
Agreed. The whole line, really, has been priced VERY well for the value you get. That may not continue to be true if the figures creep up in price, but I don't regret paying full price for anything in my collection right now.

ODBJBG wrote: The only "bad deal" thus far, IMO, was the battle damaged He-Man/BattleCat set, which is a bit overpriced (although it's not much different than the price of both figures regularly).
To be fair.. you've got the vac metal and the big ass baseplate piece that kind of make up the difference. But I do agree that set was priced high.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”