Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
SmokeyBonez
I wish I had super powers
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:38 am

I cannot wait for wave 7 to start shipping from BBTS. Probably the most anticipated wave for me... I am kinda hoping to have them in time for Christmas, but things aren't looking too good the closer we get. I have a Stinkor in my POL waiting for buzzy and a couple of sorceresses.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 1:56 am

Super Camel wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 10:54 pm
docsilence wrote:
Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:13 pm
Got one of the Palace Guards from BBTS today. The package is way bigger than I expected! Figure looks great though, as expected. No unpainted mustache in sight. I do think if I ever found these on sale I'd want to army build, though - There's a lot of fun combinations with the head and armor to display unique combos of guards.
Nice! It sounds like a fun figure. I can't wait to get mine. I have 3 ordered at BBTS, but none have shipped yet.

I did however get Wave 6 in from BBTS. And it is safe to say I love this Wave. Stinkor and Webstor are perfect. Everything you'd want them to be. Goddess and Beast Man are great as well. I plan on using this Beast Man as either Red Beast, or just some kind of other character, like I plan to do with the upcoming Comic version of Stratos.

This line continues to be quite possibly the most fun line out there.
I'm doing the same thing with the alternate Stratos and Beast Man. We know Stratos is part of a whole civilization, so I'm justifying the other color scheme as someone else from his people. Same thing with the LoP Beast.

FWIW, I ordered a second guard from BBTS like four weeks after the first and they only shipped the first order, so they have some kind of plan for what order they're sending them out. I think you picked the perfect number for them, though - classic Man-At-Arms look, plus two easy variants of the standard guard using the other breastplate. It's a really fun set.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:15 am

I have four palace guards ordered but no movement yet. Really looking forward to them.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:42 am

I didn't order my two Palace Guards until later, so I'm not expecting to get mine any time soon. I've got Stinkor and Webstor in my PoL, but I have some stuff for my wife and son on pre-order that I was really hoping to come in before Christmas, but it's looking like that's not going to happen.

I just opened the Eternian Goddess today, and I love the colors on her so much. I've wanted a figure of her since I was a kid and read that "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini-comic, and never got the Classics one because of the exploding/crumbling translucent plastic. I love having figures like her, Keldor and the Palace Guards in this line.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:20 pm

Got my two palace guards from BBTS yesterday, along with LOP Mer-Man & Beast man. I tried hard to only buy these when I come across them at retail, but the palace guards killed that idea! Really such a nice set, and I got in when BBTS was charging 16.99 for them, so Im pretty happy :)
mikeysee
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Nov 30, 2021 8:22 pm

I found wave 7 at Target yesterday. They were on one of those thin displays at the very end of the aisle rather than with all the Skeletors. If these were still $15 I'd have been tempted to get all four but at the higher price-point I'm going to be choosier. I picked up Buzz-Off and Sorceress (with the new knees). These are the first figures I've bought in awhile as Amazon, my normal go-to for this line, has dried up as of late. They DO have Panthor for $13.99 right now though, which is tempting. My main wants at the moment are Stinkor, Webstor, and Mosquitor though.
copperthedog

Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:39 am

I received my Dwell of Souls yesterday from Mattel. While I was excited for the set when it was announced, then bummed when I missed the original order window, and finally happy when I snagged it from Mattel - I must say I'm a bit underwhelmed. The piece I wanted the most was the Spirit of Grayskull and while the sculpt is cool, I wish it let a bit more light through it. The spacesuit figure is okay, but I can't get him to stand on the footpeg in the castle and he is basically standing of the trap door. The Orlax and dungeon are well sculpted, but the dungeon doesn't seem to have enough room to fit left of the castle door. Also, I'm a bit nervous to slide it onto the castle as I'm afraid it may damage the floor sticker and I'm not sure how well it would come off. It has a couple of clips on the bottom may not release easily from the floor. I like how the Orlax can tangle up and hold a figure. The box may be the most exciting thing!

I found 3 of the 4 figures of wave 7 at Target this past weekend missing out on Buzz-Off. This morning I stopped at Target before work and while they did have a Buzz-Off, he looked like he had a factory paint touch-up on one of his chest stripes. The paint was glopped on and a different shade of yellow. I will keep on looking.
SmokeyBonez

Wed Dec 01, 2021 1:49 am

Falling Downer wrote:
Tue Nov 30, 2021 7:42 am
I didn't order my two Palace Guards until later, so I'm not expecting to get mine any time soon. I've got Stinkor and Webstor in my PoL, but I have some stuff for my wife and son on pre-order that I was really hoping to come in before Christmas, but it's looking like that's not going to happen.

I just opened the Eternian Goddess today, and I love the colors on her so much. I've wanted a figure of her since I was a kid and read that "He-Man and the Power Sword" mini-comic, and never got the Classics one because of the exploding/crumbling translucent plastic. I love having figures like her, Keldor and the Palace Guards in this line.
Agreed the Goddess is fantastic. I love the colors too ! The glitter lipstick and green blush just tops her off. Mine came with a bit of production damage on her left boob, which is ... sigh ... a little dissapointing but I just figure she got a little battle damage. I have seen some imperfection in the same zone on one of her early youtube reviews so perhaps there are more Goddesses out there with the same afliction.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:27 am

Stridor review:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddenpYd2eLo

Can't believe how articulated he is. It's weird he's not up for pre-order on BBTS or Amazon.

Soooo many easter eggs on the box. Can't wait to get this guy.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 5:27 pm

If anyone's still looking for Castle Greyskull - it can be had on Target's circle app for $66 out the door using their 25% off coupon right now.

I just got mine, pretty stoked!
mikeysee
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:40 pm

Reefer Shark wrote:
If anyone's still looking for Castle Greyskull - it can be had on Target's circle app for $66 out the door using their 25% off coupon right now.

I was eyeing that as well. Think I still need to pass for space reasons, but that's a great deal. I'll probably just use the coupon on a $13.99 Panthor instead, haha.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:43 pm

mikeysee wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:40 pm
Reefer Shark wrote:

I was eyeing that as well. Think I still need to pass for space reasons, but that's a great deal. I'll probably just use the coupon on a $13.99 Panthor instead, haha.
Panthor for $13.99 is definitely a great deal too!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:46 pm

Hmmm.... $13.99 Panthor.... why am I tempted by that when I already bought 3 Panthors at regular price. I have a problem.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:54 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 7:46 pm
Hmmm.... $13.99 Panthor.... why am I tempted by that when I already bout 3 Panthors at regular price. I have a problem.
hah! An obsession with Panthors seems to make sense for someone with "Panther" in their name 8)
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:57 am

If you're even remotely on the fence about the castle... man, I gotta say nothing has made me happier as a toy in the past year or two than pulling that out of the box. That thing is so much toy nostalgia it is almost magical. I legit got a little emotional putting it together because it so perfectly recreates one of my favorite things from childhood.

I keep going back to that one wave I never found, and I swear if I end up paying double for Roboto or Zodak because I run out of patience I'm gonna be so mad at myself...

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”

Recent Topics