Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:14 am

I placed my palace guard order at 12:01 EST 6/7/21, so I guess I’m delayed til December? Cool.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:18 am

Here are some more Origins listings from IG.

KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat Oct 16, 2021 1:28 am

King Randor and Whiplash are big wants for me. The Trap Jaw must be the mini-comics colors version? I don't need that but it's cool. I'm guessing Digitino and Pighead will be separate from the rest of the actual MOTU-O wave. I think Pighead has the potential to be a really cool figure.
I've always hated Mantenna.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:44 am

Oooooo...Whiplash and Randor are both in my top 5 most wanted characters in this line.

I'm really excited to see what the Sun Man characters look like. In fact, even though there are still a fair amount of vintage characters I want to see in this line, I really hope Mattel makes more stuff that WASN'T in the vintage line, too. I've said it before, but I could really go for some of the new characters they've had on the box art show up as actual figures. Those undead skeleton warriors have shown up twice now, once on the Grayskull box and now on the Royal Guard box. I'd love to see some stuff that was made in MOTUC show up here, like the Skelcons, Goat Man or Castle Grayskullman. Would also love to see She-Ra Horde characters like Catra and Shadow Weaver.

Sorry, that ended up getting more "wish list-y" than I intended.
KarlSpace
Super Poseable

Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:48 pm

Very cool. I'm pretty interested to see what 200X Skeletor comes out looking like. Interesting that they may be veering into other properties in this line, as I thought that was Masterverse's thing, but maybe this will just be a simple repaint ala 200X Evil-Lyn? Hopefully they give him true bare feet, because that could make for fun swaps.

Also interested to see how they handle Mantenna's legs. He's a goofy character, but if they make him a deluxe and give him his four legs he could be fun. And I'd love to see Catra and Shadow Weaver in the line soon, would be great to get some more ladies represented in the line.

I know the PowerCon Instagram channel was making some noise about whether people wanted to see those skeletone warriors from the boxart. Folks were pretty stoked, and if the only way to get them is as a powercon exclusive, then sigh, maybe they can be sold through the mattel fan site, which was a simply process last time. The perfect release would be the same as the Eternian Royal Guard. People are going to want to army build, so hopefully they make them easy to get.
KnightDamien

Sat Oct 16, 2021 4:58 pm

Falling Downer wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:44 am
Oooooo...Whiplash and Randor are both in my top 5 most wanted characters in this line.

I'm really excited to see what the Sun Man characters look like. In fact, even though there are still a fair amount of vintage characters I want to see in this line, I really hope Mattel makes more stuff that WASN'T in the vintage line, too. I've said it before, but I could really go for some of the new characters they've had on the box art show up as actual figures. Those undead skeleton warriors have shown up twice now, once on the Grayskull box and now on the Royal Guard box. I'd love to see some stuff that was made in MOTUC show up here, like the Skelcons, Goat Man or Castle Grayskullman. Would also love to see She-Ra Horde characters like Catra and Shadow Weaver.

Sorry, that ended up getting more "wish list-y" than I intended.
I don't mind your wish-listing because it's also my wish-listing. I think the new characters we're seeing on the box art is one of my favorite things about Origins; that feeling of 'oooh, new character' that I haven't had in many years, and haven't had in 'toy form' in decades (from MOTU, at least). I also want lots of existing characters still, but I would love to see some of these new designs thrown into the mix at least once in every couple of waves.

This line could probably go on for five more years and there'd still be stuff worth making.
MightyMegs
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:38 pm

ImageEasy Rider by Wes, on Flickr
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:01 pm

MightyMegs wrote:
This photo is great!!! Wonder what motor cycle that is?

That new lineup looks really fun too! Whiplash is the last of the few I had as a kid. Pighead I'm betting will be amazing. Also, if they're doing 200x stuff give me the snake armor skeletor!

Edit: Still need the yellow/blue tornado guy too!
MightyMegs
Runs Around in Tights

Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:44 pm

S.W.O.R.D. Agent wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 11:01 pm
MightyMegs wrote:
This photo is great!!! Wonder what motor cycle that is?

That new lineup looks really fun too! Whiplash is the last of the few I had as a kid. Pighead I'm betting will be amazing. Also, if they're doing 200x stuff give me the snake armor skeletor!

Edit: Still need the yellow/blue tornado guy too!
The cycle is actually from the CG show, He Man and the MOTU on Netflix. Its name is PAINTHOR, and it comes with a Skeletor in 200x disco colors
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:50 am

I don't like Origins enough to buy everyone, so I limit my purchases to figures I don't have in Classics or Vintage... So the Sun Man figures are right up my alley. Great to see it. I'm really hoping they can work out a similar deal to include the Fuerza T characters. I would go nuts for that.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:17 am

PantherCult wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:50 am
I don't like Origins enough to buy everyone, so I limit my purchases to figures I don't have in Classics or Vintage... So the Sun Man figures are right up my alley. Great to see it. I'm really hoping they can work out a similar deal to include the Fuerza T characters. I would go nuts for that.
I felt the same way at first. However the nostalgia, figure selection, and vehicle/playset options really sucked me in to collecting almost everything I can find from this line.

It also doesn't help that the line has been mostly cheaper to acquire than pretty much every other major line currently offered (ML, SW,TF,GI JOE, etc.). I mean $15(Cdn) for a figure??!! That is unheard of anymore. Granted the prices are starting that slow creep, but I am enjoying it while I can, and I don't feel as bad as I do with other lines by buying so many figures.

Also Mattel making the effort to stay as true, as possible, to the original designs while also updating is really great. I love the parts swapping aspect of the figures.
FatWormBlowsASparky
Here comes a new challenger!

Sun Oct 17, 2021 8:45 pm

Hopefully 200X Skeletor comes with a removable cape, not getting one with 200X Evil-Lyn was a shame.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:50 pm

canprime wrote:
Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:17 am
I felt the same way at first. However the nostalgia, figure selection, and vehicle/playset options really sucked me in to collecting almost everything I can find from this line.
I get it. But since I have zero nostalgia for the vintage line, that part doesn't suck me in. I didn't pay any real attention to Masters of the Universe at all until Classics came out. I fell in love with the Classics figures first and then reverse engineered a love for the entire MOTU experience. So, if I have the character already in Classics (which I mostly do since I have all of those) - I can't bring myself to spend money on these squatty bodied toys with softer sculpting. So for me, personally, Origins is all about the characters I didn't get in Classics (or Masterverse honestly - if a character were simultaneously announced for Origins and Masterverse I would skip the Origins fig)... oh and also the unique vehicles. Land Shark I grabbed with a quickness. I skipped the Sky Sled and Wind Raider because I have the classics versions - but would happily grab Origins Mantis or Spydor or Battle Bones.

I'm happy Origins seems to be doing well. I'm glad people are enjoying them and sharing with their kids and I hope it is wildly successful, both to keep giving me more unique characters, beasts and vehicles to buy, but also to keep the MOTU brand commercially strong.
KnightDamien

Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:06 pm

PantherCult wrote: I didn't pay any real attention to Masters of the Universe at all until Classics came out.
Philistine.

:wink:
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:24 am

The Eternian Palace Guard set is showing up at Big Lots for $20. Ordered for store pick-up today and it was a success!

https://ibb.co/vmhDXrg

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”