Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:00 pm

Falling Downer wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:51 am
Thanks for the advice, guys!

I just bought Castle Grayskull on Amazon :lol:
I went through the same decision process. I held off on Origins for awhile but told myself that if I was able to get the castle, I'd be all in. Here we are today and I'm 2 series short of having the complete collection. The new 6" are nice, but I think I prefer the nostalgia of the Origins and they are more "familiar" to me, than the new concept designs even if they are vintage inspired.
canprime
Customized

Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:50 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:00 pm
Falling Downer wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:51 am
Thanks for the advice, guys!

I just bought Castle Grayskull on Amazon :lol:
I went through the same decision process. I held off on Origins for awhile but told myself that if I was able to get the castle, I'd be all in. Here we are today and I'm 2 series short of having the complete collection. The new 6" are nice, but I think I prefer the nostalgia of the Origins and they are more "familiar" to me, than the new concept designs even if they are vintage inspired.
I like both lines. Masterverse is great, and the figures are nice companion pieces to MOTUC. So I will definitely dip my toe into the line.

However MOTU:O is hitting all my buttons when it comes to a "vintage" line. I didn't have a huge amount of MOTU as a kid in the 80s, but man the Origins line is bringing me right back. Everything from the packaging, to the figures themselves, hits all the right notes for me in a "reissue/retro/vintage" line.

I also got suckered in by some of the recent TF reissues in classic G1 boxes. Some of these lines are getting it right by hitting the 80s aesthetic. I'm not looking for modern with Origins, and Mattel gets that. There are other lines for that.

Now hopefully GI Joe stays far away from trying to recreate the original ARAH line figures. The current retro figures are, in my eyes, just rehashes of the 25th/ME lines with sort of retro packaging. If they were to release near identical ARAH figures, like MOTU:O, I would be dead.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:54 pm

Man just saw a preview for any upcoming Origins figure of Kol-Darr. This is what I was referring to as the way for Mattel to keep getting me to buy Origins ... characters that have never been done as figures before at all.

It was a you tube video reveal, and I can't find the link but it said it may be a Mattel Creations offering like jelly bean Tri Klops.

OK, found the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYKk1KF8Rn0
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:36 pm

Just scored Faker at Target this morning. They had about three sets of that wave, most I've seen of anything besides He-Man and Skeletor at retail in months.
MightyMegs
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:03 pm

ImageWelcome, Tri-Klops by Wes, on Flickr
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:57 pm

I saw Castle Grayskull at a Target for the first time.
canprime
Customized

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:02 pm

Just opened my Roboto and Ram Man today. DAMN!!!

Roboto is just pure fun with his spinning gears/opening jaw gimmick and interchangeable hands.

Ram Man is so much like the vintage version, but with bendable knees!!! Love the covered mouth head, and it is great he comes with 2 weapons. So far he, She-Ra and the Sorceress (white) are defending Grayskull against Faker (poor Faker). Going to have to add to the ranks some more soon.
SmokeyBonez
Here comes a new challenger!

Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:46 pm

FYI fellow canucks. EB Games is finally shipping preorders for the vintage head he-man, I would assume the same thing for skeletor, but I only wanted the main man.
canprime
Customized

Wed Sep 29, 2021 12:18 am

SmokeyBonez wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:46 pm
FYI fellow canucks. EB Games is finally shipping preorders for the vintage head he-man, I would assume the same thing for skeletor, but I only wanted the main man.
Good to know. I scored a He-Man from TRU, but still on the hunt for Skeletor.
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Wed Sep 29, 2021 3:26 pm

Although not marked or on the clearance aisle, the Walmart by me has the 1st release He-Man for $7.00. Finally picked one up at that price.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:00 pm

canprime wrote:
Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:02 pm
Just opened my Roboto and Ram Man today. DAMN!!!

Roboto is just pure fun with his spinning gears/opening jaw gimmick and interchangeable hands.

Ram Man is so much like the vintage version, but with bendable knees!!! Love the covered mouth head, and it is great he comes with 2 weapons. So far he, She-Ra and the Sorceress (white) are defending Grayskull against Faker (poor Faker). Going to have to add to the ranks some more soon.
I hadn't checked to see if Roboto comes with the old school spinning gears gimmick since I haven't found one yet, but now my search just got stepped up. I really need that figure.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 5:13 pm

Scored a second Faker at Target. Thanks a lot, “multiple Fakers” mini-comic…two standards to protect Leo Faker when he arrives.
MightyMegs
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:24 pm

ImageHe-Man and Man-at-Arms by Wes, on Flickr
ImageSkeletor by Wes, on Flickr
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:58 pm

After getting denied a GI Joe Breaker at two different Targets, Wal-Mart took away some of the sting with Webstor, Stinkor, Goddess, and Beast Man. Yesterday, I ordered a Windraider from Amazon. I haven't seen one in store and BBTS hasn't fulfilled my preorder
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:07 am

Got my Grayskull today, and hot damn, it was like Christmas morning. I can't remember the last time I was so excited or giddy to open a toy since I was a kid. I was super nervous about the stickers, but I got everything lined up with just one or two scares. Love the feel of the plastic on this set, just like I love the sturdiness of the figures.

Speaking of which, the Sorceress is great. All of her joints are tight, but easily movable, and the wings are cool. I've always loved the Temple of Darkness look, and I honestly don't feel the need to get the regular single carded version. Mine even has the new female knees that the Green Goddess has.

I went over to "the Org" for the first time in a long time, and that's apparently a thing I wasn't aware of: the female characters are being re-released with the new legs. I saw a set of the Faker/Fisto/Mer-Man/Evil-Lyn wave at a local dept. store, and sure enough, the V2 Evil-Lyns all had the new knees. I didn't hate the original look as much as some (though I DID think they could have been done better), but I went ahead and pre-ordered another Teela in hopes of getting an updated version. We'll see.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”