Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:40 am

TheFallen wrote: I have seen the Icons of Evil pics but isn't that a store exclusive?
I may have gotten the name wrong. Is it Masters of Evil? Something like that. But yeah, it's a Target exclusive. That being said, Target exclusives -seem- to mostly be exclusives within the US. So if you're outside the US, it's a crapshoot who, if anyone, will pick it up. Like EB Games in Canada sells NECA's Target exclusives. As do some Canada-only toy retailers like Toy Snowman. EB Games also sells Hasbro's Walgreens exclusives. And I -think- I've heard of TRU getting something as well that's exclusive in the US.
I haven't seen any such thing here, but I have heard rumours, which I cannot substantiate, that in some parts of Canada the two-pack has appeared in either EB Games or Toys R Us (I can't remember which it was).
So I only mention it because if you're outside the US it is -possible- you'll see that set crop up.

TheFallen wrote: I am confident that the original He-Man and Skeletor will be released here, regardless what wave they start with.
You don't even have to be confident. They've said it. He-Man and Skeletor are being re-issued with their vintage style heads (from the Battle Armor deluxe figures) and the new full power sword that just came out with Faker. So definitely don't pay a mark-up on the regular He-Man and Skeletor figures. You'll have a chance at them later on.

But yeah, for your needs it's just a matter of which wave they start with, and which waves they skip - which is another important thing. Canada got very little wave 1 or 2. Like most people never saw them at all. But we got HAMMERED with wave 3, which also resulted in us not really getting wave 4 at all, and now we've got quite a bit of wave 5.
If your local store being able to carry the line is a new deal, you may not even see anything before wave 5 or 6 at all. Which sucks. I wish you luck, though.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:10 am

I believe the Keldor/Kronis 2pack is called Rise of Evil.
KnightDamien

Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:17 am

There you go!
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:01 am

Is the Rise of Evil pack still being stocked?

I know it is an exclusive but if I am going to get in to this line I am going to want this set so I'd have to get it soon before secondary market swallows it up
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:05 am

The sheer volume of Prince Adam/Sky Sleds that are being clearanced out at all of the nearby Targets Is mindblowing. I remember when that thing was so hard to come by, it was going for $70-80 on the secondary market. One of the Targets had even put Battle Cat/Panthor on clearance for $12.50, but I haven't seen that at any other store.

I've now seen the Land Shark a few times, and I've seen the Battle Armor He-Man/Battle Cat set at two different stores. Considering that every Target I go to has 2-8 Rise of Evil sets on the shelf, I imagine that will become easier to find. It's a cool set, but not worth it to me for the price.

Barely any new figures, though. I saw Fisto once and "Battleground" Evil-Lyn once, but that's all I've seen lately aside from the standard pegs of He-Man and Skeletor.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:56 am

TheFallen wrote:

I know it is an exclusive but if I am going to get in to this line I am going to want this set so I'd have to get it soon before secondary market swallows it up
Stores are currently packed with Rise of Evil 2 packs. It started off as one of those things everyone was panicking over, now they are bound for the clearance aisle.
TheFallen
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 01, 2021 7:31 am

yojoebro82 wrote:
Sun Aug 01, 2021 6:56 am
TheFallen wrote:

Stores are currently packed with Rise of Evil 2 packs. It started off as one of those things everyone was panicking over, now they are bound for the clearance aisle.
So they should stay at a decent price on the secondary market?

We don't get exclusives here at all so I wouldn't mind getting this set if I can
KnightDamien

Sun Aug 01, 2021 5:29 pm

Falling Downer wrote: Barely any new figures, though. I saw Fisto once and "Battleground" Evil-Lyn once, but that's all I've seen lately aside from the standard pegs of He-Man and Skeletor.
It's crazy how different it is up here. No Rise of Evil at all, as far as I've seen. Basically no Battle Armor figures (I saw them twice when they were fairly new and that was it). We barely got wave 1 (or 2) at all. I bought my He-Man and Skeletor the one time I saw one of each in a store and that was it. Buuuuuuuuut... I've since seen tons and tons of Ram Man, Clamp Champ, Fisto, new Evil-Lyn, LOD Mer-Man...
(Faker is almost always absent, which is weird because I would have thought Fisto would at least be as popular as Faker.)

My Walmarts have never stocked Panthor as far as I can tell. Probably because they're all still sitting on dozens of Battle Cats. But TRU has Panthors aplenty. And Landsharks - TRU being the only place I've seen the Landshark. No Grayskulls anywhere. And as yet, no Wind Raiders.

My wife was talking to the guy at EB Games yesterday. He said they get in a few cases of every new item, but they can't keep anything Origins-related in stock except for Ram Man/Clamp Champ. He was telling her that he's never seen any collectibles appeal so broadly, because he probably has an equal number of kids and adults coming in looking for them. That's cool to hear.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 8:15 am

Just a heads up for people looking for the He-Man / Battle Cat set at Target — it’s being shipped in reset repack boxes. This is why most stores won’t let you do instore pickup and why it doesn’t have a location when employees go to look it up in the back.

Pretty much at the mercy of when a store puts it out or if your store got more than 2 and scan the excess into the stockroom, since the shelf only holds 2 or so at a time.
Joda
Avengers Assemble

Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:50 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Just a heads up for people looking for the He-Man / Battle Cat set at Target — it’s being shipped in reset repack boxes. This is why most stores won’t let you do instore pickup and why it doesn’t have a location when employees go to look it up in the back.

Pretty much at the mercy of when a store puts it out or if your store got more than 2 and scan the excess into the stockroom, since the shelf only holds 2 or so at a time.
Thanks for the info. What a mess.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:28 pm

Ordered a ring light for my photo work and threw in Origins Teela since she was a buck under retail price and I needed her to round out the main three warriors. Now I'd just need Orko if I ever find him for retail.

Didn't want him before, but Revelation made me heavily reconsider.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 02, 2021 7:13 pm

Joda wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 12:50 pm
Roufuss wrote:

Thanks for the info. What a mess.
Agreed. You can also pop the TCIN into Popfindr and track inventory like the old days. Most stores get 2, some get as little as 1, some get 4.

Got lucky last night after striking out at every store that “had” it in-stock, that a store that had 4 must have scanned the excess into the stockroom, since it let me do instore pickup only at that particular store.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:32 pm

Does anyone know if the "vintage" head versions of He-Man and Skeletor are going to be as plentiful as the initial release figures? I like the He-man head better on the vintage, but I think I like the open mouth Skeletor more. However, I would like the full sword that the new Skeletor comes with. Decisions!
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:15 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:28 pm
Ordered a ring light for my photo work and threw in Origins Teela since she was a buck under retail price and I needed her to round out the main three warriors. Now I'd just need Orko if I ever find him for retail.

Didn't want him before, but Revelation made me heavily reconsider.
I was on the fence about him but I like what they did with his head articulation; simple but very effective. I also like his base. A good figure all around.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Tue Aug 03, 2021 6:22 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:32 pm
Does anyone know if the "vintage" head versions of He-Man and Skeletor are going to be as plentiful as the initial release figures? I like the He-man head better on the vintage, but I think I like the open mouth Skeletor more. However, I would like the full sword that the new Skeletor comes with. Decisions!
My guess is that the first editions of He-Man and Skeletor are so plentiful partly because people don't want those heads as much. I'm betting the vintage heads will get picked up quickly.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”

Recent Topics