Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:03 pm

Especially if they're translucent, although I get the vibe they would just be GITD. DO BOTH!
SmokeyBonez
Here comes a new challenger!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:29 am

I am waiting for those skeletons to get released. They were first teased on the Castle Grayskull box, being condjured up by Evil-Lyn is kinda what it looks like. I have a sneaking suspicion they could be glow in the dark too. One can hope !
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:48 am

Does anyone know if Castle Greyskull will be sold at Target? I missed out at Walmart.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:00 pm

listings in the Target system for Masters of the Universe Origins Movie He-Man and Skeletor figures. We are making an assumption that these would be figures based on the 1987 live-action movie that featured Dolph Lundgren as He-Man and Frank Langella as Skeletor. These figures seem to share the same DPCI# as the other regular figures in the line.
Image Image Image
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:53 pm

DutyBeforeAll wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:00 pm
listings in the Target system for Masters of the Universe Origins Movie He-Man and Skeletor figures. We are making an assumption that these would be figures based on the 1987 live-action movie that featured Dolph Lundgren as He-Man and Frank Langella as Skeletor. These figures seem to share the same DPCI# as the other regular figures in the line.
Image Image Image
That's from toynewsi.com, by the way
https://toynewsi.com/241-39728?fbclid=I ... oOLmc2KpJU

This is what I've been waiting for! I really love the Super 7 figures, but I'm down for Origins versions as well. It would be REALLY sweet if we got a Man-At-Arms, Teela, Evil Lyn, and Beast Man as well.
FlexionDynamo
Runs Around in Tights

Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:54 pm

Hmm I would have figure they would use the Masterverse line for something like that...wait they will probably do both lines. Profit!
mikeysee
Super Poseable

Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:14 pm

I was finally able to grab Tri-Klops at cost from Amazon after refreshing for a couple months. Unfortunately my Champ Clamp showed up with a partially detached bubble and the hand was missing. Even for $15 I'd prefer him to be complete, so back to Amazon Warehouse he goes. The hunt resumes.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:01 am

Sweet Motherboard! I doubt anyone remembers this, but one of the first things I mentioned getting into this line was that my son and I both really wanted them to be able to do movie versions in this style, but figured it could never happen. We'd both LOVE if this is true and we get movie versions. I just hope they're not Target exclusive (since.. you know.. Target doesn't exist here).

Oh, and I totally want glowy skeletons too. Definitely. This line is so fun.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:22 am

KnightDamien wrote:
This line is so fun.
This line has the potential to suck me down the slippery slope. They are a lot of fun.
CO_Alex
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:50 am

I still haven’t seen any of these in the wild yet so it makes it easy not to collect what I can’t find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mattmurdog
CROM!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:39 am

mikeysee wrote:
Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:14 pm
I was finally able to grab Tri-Klops at cost from Amazon after refreshing for a couple months. Unfortunately my Champ Clamp showed up with a partially detached bubble and the hand was missing. Even for $15 I'd prefer him to be complete, so back to Amazon Warehouse he goes. The hunt resumes.
I think I saw that listing but decided to pass on it. I bought a warehouse deal Merman and it was beat to hell and the figure had pretty bad paint.
mikeysee
Super Poseable

Thu Jul 29, 2021 2:27 pm

mattmurdog wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:39 am
I think I saw that listing but decided to pass on it. I bought a warehouse deal Merman and it was beat to hell and the figure had pretty bad paint.
Yeah, the Warehouse deals are a crapshoot. Sometimes they're way better than advertised, sometimes they're way worse. I bought a vintage color Obi-Wan Black Series that was supposed to be "very good" and the card had a giant Warehouse sticker on it, the bubble was crushed, and they'd wrapped packing tape around the whole thing to keep it together. Meanwhile my Warehouse Orko that was "acceptable" came basically mint, unpunched. Their return process is painless enough that I'll usually take the risk if the savings is decent (in this case about $6).

And in fact, I just ordered a replacement Clamp Champ for even less.
KarlSpace
Super Poseable

Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:46 pm

yojoebro82 wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 3:22 am
KnightDamien wrote:
This line is so fun.
This line has the potential to suck me down the slippery slope. They are a lot of fun.
I have them set on my desk as I work from home, and that may be a big mistake, because they're too easy to just grab and mess with when I'm on a call. Which then leads to looking up any news on them.

I was only going to get the main characters, but for the price and the fun factor, I've definitely gotten sucked in. No vehicles so far, but I'm really thinking about grabbing Castle Greyskull to use as a display backdrop. Oh who am I kidding, I also just want to play around with it.

With the early stress of not being able to find many figures at Canadian retail satiated by BBTS and EB games, I'm basically complete on what I want so far, and agree wholeheartedly. Compared to most other lines out there, MOTUO is just a fun line to collect at this point.

Now if only we could set up some kind of pipeline for shipping all of our extra Clamp Champs and Ram-Mans down to the states, and you could send us up all those He-Man and Skeletors on the pegs so that kids might actually get a chance to get them..
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:33 pm

I really hope the Movie figures in the Origins line happens. Masterverse too while they're at it, but definitely Origins. Origins is one of my absolute favorite things to collect right now. Such a fun line. And to get Movie He-Man and Skeletor in this line would be incredible. Hopefully they would go ahead and give us Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor as well. Which should be easy for them, since they were vintage toys.

But I NEVER thought Mattel would be allowed to make a Motion Picture He-Man and Skeletor for any line.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Jul 29, 2021 9:58 pm

Super Camel wrote: I really hope the Movie figures in the Origins line happens. Masterverse too while they're at it, but definitely Origins. Origins is one of my absolute favorite things to collect right now. Such a fun line. And to get Movie He-Man and Skeletor in this line would be incredible. Hopefully they would go ahead and give us Blade, Saurod, and Gwildor as well. Which should be easy for them, since they were vintage toys.

But I NEVER thought Mattel would be allowed to make a Motion Picture He-Man and Skeletor for any line.
My thoughts exactly, on all of that.
Especially the last part. My understanding was that there is -serious- bad blood involved here and there was no way Mattel would ever be able to touch those movie designs. If that's been resolved and we're now opened up to the possibility of getting them in Origins (which HAS to mean they're at least on the table for Masterverse as well), that's just.. amazing.
And yeah, I want Blade very much, too. Hopefully closer to the MOTUC figure than the actual vintage figure. Although with Origins, at least, I'd hope for a new torso not just a giant overlay.

Oh, and here's an Origins thought for you guys; the MOTWWEU line has solicited their final wave, including Andre on that new 'giant' body. I was thinking it was some kind of deluxe figure but it seems like it's just part of the regular wave. Do you guys think we'll see the MOTU giants as part of regular waves, or as deluxes? I can't imagine how Mattel would justify selling Andre single-carded for the regular price but not Tytus or Megator. Or maybe Tytus and Megator as some kind of deluxe two-pack only available at Target? :lol: (Please, all the gods, no)

KarlSpace wrote: Now if only we could set up some kind of pipeline for shipping all of our extra Clamp Champs and Ram-Mans down to the states, and you could send us up all those He-Man and Skeletors on the pegs so that kids might actually get a chance to get them..
Right? It's so frustrating. We have what they want. They have what we want. And there's nothing to be done about it, really. But man is every store in my area just drowning in Ram Mans and Clamp Champs. Two figures my son, naturally, has zero goddamn interest in. Because he likes to be difficult and only want figures we can't find.
KarlSpace wrote: I was only going to get the main characters, but for the price and the fun factor, I've definitely gotten sucked in. No vehicles so far, but I'm really thinking about grabbing Castle Greyskull to use as a display backdrop. Oh who am I kidding, I also just want to play around with it.
Yeah, I can't wait to play with that stupid castle. And the Wind Raider to plug on top of it - something I was always surprised was never something the MOTUC version could do. Like.. why would I want the Wind Raider plugged in to the middle of the inside of the castle? What good is that?

No vehicles, though? Not even the Sky Sled? Dude... you gotta get the Sky Sled. It's tops. I wish they'd go on clearance here like they did in the States so I can get three more at 10 bucks each like some guys here have managed to do.

yojoebro82 wrote: This line has the potential to suck me down the slippery slope. They are a lot of fun.
Oh, I think I'm already well and sucked down. Stupid fun little stupid fun things. I like to think that if it weren't for my son I would have been able to just pick up a He-Man and Skeletor and call it good. Luckily, I don't have to find out and I can just blame our ever-growing MOTUO shelf on him whenever my wife is glaring at me.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”