Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sat Jul 24, 2021 3:08 pm

mikeysee wrote:
Fri Jul 23, 2021 7:07 pm

Looks like there's an Origins drop tomorrow over at Walmart as part of their "Collector Con". Is that the fan vote Tri-Klops?
The image there may not be Mini Comics Tri Klops, but the WWE MOTU Bret Hart figure (as Tri Klops) which IS up for pre order today, the 24th of July.

Tri Klops was mentioned on Mattel Creations. So I don't know if he will go up there, or if he will just be part of a Wave.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Sun Jul 25, 2021 4:20 pm

Just got in Trap Jaw and Tri-Klops. After watching Revelation I got that hindsight happiness of ordering them when the chance was good and now that I have them I like them plenty. Tri-Klops is what you'd expect. Love the colors on him and how smooth the visor spins.

Trap Jaw may be my favorite figure I've gotten so far. Love how mobile his mechanical arm is at he shoulder. He's the only one so far who seems to be able to cross one of his arms over his chest. The alternate attachments give plenty of variety and the articulated jaw gives him lots of personality. My copy unfortunately has paint slop all over the back of the helmet and not the best-looking plastic on some parts but outside of that, I adore him.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:05 pm

I never was a big Trap-Jaw fan. But yeah, the Origins figure is really well done and even of all the figures I now own, he might be one of the ones I'd call the 'best' even if he's not a personal favorite. It's just a bit of a bummer that Mattel decided that all the detachable hands and figures with detachable hand-parts would use different peg types and sizes so that nothing is interchangeable.
Like.. who made that decision?
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Mon Jul 26, 2021 2:52 am

Playing with these is fun, especially when throwing in effects.
Also put a filter over it and love how artsy it looked.
PatientMental
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:07 am

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Nice!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:18 am

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
That's terrific. The heavily-lined effect actually kind of reminds me of some of the old Goldenbooks artwork.
One thing that continues to surprise me isn't how fun Origins figures are, but how photogenic they are. That's just... not what I expect from a line designed like that. It's not a 'photography' line like SWB or Mezco or whatever. And yet we get plenty of great photography using these. Don't be shy about posting more.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:52 am

Those are fantastic. I'm actually really happy with how they photograph even if they're not what we usually see as the glamour shot lines. I'm dying to get Grayskull from BBTS so I can really do some good shots with a proper backdrop.
mattmurdog
CROM!

Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:33 pm

docsilence wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 3:52 am
Those are fantastic. I'm actually really happy with how they photograph even if they're not what we usually see as the glamour shot lines. I'm dying to get Grayskull from BBTS so I can really do some good shots with a proper backdrop.
You might be able to get it faster from walmart.com. It's been going in and out of stock for a month now.
yojoebro82
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:14 am

I'm reading the big fat collected edition of original mini comics. I would love to get He-Man as he appeared in those very early issues; bare-chested, barefoot.....would probably make for a pretty boring figure, actually, but I'd be down for that. And a blond Teela.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:22 am

Mosquitor looks very good.

The Skeleton army from the Palace Guard packaging is a must have. Mattel better make a ton of those.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Tue Jul 27, 2021 2:09 pm

The pics are barely any clearer, but it looks like that Palace Guard isn’t just the moustachioed Duncan head repainted, but a shaven face to recreate the original sculpt.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:45 pm

Wonder if the heads are interchangeable enough it'd be cheaper to pick up an extra Duncan to pop that alternative head onto instead of buying a second guard.
Mongoose
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jul 27, 2021 7:52 pm

Just found the battle damaged chrome He-Man and Battle Cat set at Target. Wasn't expecting to see that.
FlexionDynamo
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:47 pm

Interesting. I found the Skeletor then put it down when I remembered I gave up on the line.

:)
KarlSpace
Super Poseable

Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:57 pm

Visionary wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 8:22 am

The Skeleton army from the Palace Guard packaging is a must have. Mattel better make a ton of those.
Agreed. Not really interested in the palace guards, but I would have to buy a few of those skeletons if they released them. Love that they have Skeletor's batwing motif on their armor.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”