Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:17 am

Was curious since I'm new to this line and thought "If Hasbro Pulse exists then Mattel must have an online store for their products as well, right?"

Didn't know all they did was list their stuff at MSRP and then just link their Origins stuff to other website listings. The fact that they have the audacity to say Target has them listed as in-stock only for the link to say "Yeah, go out and shop for it yourself" is too funny to be fully annoying. At least I was able to pin down some past wave releases on Amazon for later for prices I'd be okay with paying and preordered what was up on BBTS. Minus vehicles. No room for those.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:31 am

BBTS is gonna start charging for the Wind Raider soon!
NORM

Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:39 am

Rise of Evil showed up yesterday and the best thing about it is the additional Skeletor head with the jeweled eyes. That thing went under the radar for me, and it is incredible.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:08 pm

NORM wrote:Rise of Evil showed up yesterday and the best thing about it is the additional Skeletor head with the jeweled eyes. That thing went under the radar for me, and it is incredible.
My set arrived yesterday too & I had no idea the eyes were jeweled. What was pleasant surprise.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

frymasterak
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:12 pm

Feels like we got a deluge of announcements for upcoming waves and have hit a lull. Anyone else fiending for an announcement or leak? I wanna see King Hiss and Mossman!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 6:28 pm

I got my Rise of Evil set yesterday too and I want to display both of the heads... actually tempted to pop the jeweled eyes head onto the basic Skeletor body.
NORM

Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:34 pm

docsilence wrote:
I got my Rise of Evil set yesterday too and I want to display both of the heads... actually tempted to pop the jeweled eyes head onto the basic Skeletor body.
That’s exactly what I did, I just happened to have an extra Skeletor already. I can’t believe the “variety” of Skeletors I have already. Standard, Battle Armor, classic head, jewel-eyed Alcala head, Keldor, I’ve got them all on their own bodies. All infiltrating Castle Grayskull at the moment!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:55 pm

NORM wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 8:34 pm
docsilence wrote:
That’s exactly what I did, I just happened to have an extra Skeletor already. I can’t believe the “variety” of Skeletors I have already. Standard, Battle Armor, classic head, jewel-eyed Alcala head, Keldor, I’ve got them all on their own bodies. All infiltrating Castle Grayskull at the moment!
You can do that scene from the mini-comic where we see the entire race/society of Skeletor-people.
NORM

Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:56 pm

Wind Raider hit my PoL finally, so with Fisto/Faker/Evil Lyn/Merman already in the pile, I shipped! Still processing, but I'm looking forward to getting the package next week, ideally.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Fri Jun 25, 2021 11:26 pm

Ordered Man At Arms, Beastman and Ninjor elsewhere this morning so now I know I'm in this line for the long-run.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 26, 2021 9:31 pm

I guess I'm all the way in on this line... just pre-ordered Castle Grayskull from BBTS. I was concerned about where I'd store it but -- and here's how I really feel my age -- I'd forgotten how relatively small it was standing only 18 inches tall. I can make room for a foot and a half castle in my office easy. (Man, the first time I was ever mugged it involved Castle Grayskull... this line in such a trip.)

Getting a little impatient with finding some of the wave 2-5 figures, but it looks like places like Entertainment Earth will be getting a lot of them in August? I was trying to go slow on this line but old faves from when I was a kid like Stratos are calling my name.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:24 am

frymasterak wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 2:12 pm
Feels like we got a deluge of announcements for upcoming waves and have hit a lull. Anyone else fiending for an announcement or leak? I wanna see King Hiss and Mossman!
Gotta be soon, we are running out of announced stuff being released pretty rapidly.

Only Wave 6 and Deluxe Mosquitor left I think?

We know there will be Grizzlor and a Horde Trooper At some point, wouldn’t be surprised to see a repainted Sorceress either.

I’m betting they are just waiting until Power-Con to unveil a ton of stuff all at once. I could see Wave 6 hitting by September then boom, ton of new announcements at Power-Con.
NORM

Sun Jun 27, 2021 2:41 am

Waiting for Jitsu and the Buzz-Off/Whiplash/Clawful mold.
Toy Hound
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:17 am

I’m patiently waiting on wave 2 to hit my pile of loot.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:34 am

Roufuss wrote: Gotta be soon, we are running out of announced stuff being released pretty rapidly.
Think there will be an announcement before PowerCon? Is it possible they'll reveal wave 7 (likely for December/January release?) AT PowerCon? Or do we think maybe they'll show off wave 7 before that? Of course they'll want to have a good number of reveals for the show - but they'll also be pushing Masterverse pretty hard, I bet.

NORM wrote:Waiting for Jitsu and the Buzz-Off/Whiplash/Clawful mold.
Me too. If I ever actually found Tri-Klops, Whiplash would be at the top of my wishlist.

Roufuss wrote: We know there will be Grizzlor and a Horde Trooper At some point, wouldn’t be surprised to see a repainted Sorceress either.
Oh, they're absolutely going to do Sorceress in her traditional colors. I expect they might hold off on that until there's been some good sell-through of CG so they don't have two versions of Sorceress out there at the same time.

I'm really hoping they bust out something nutty like Sssqueeze. I always loved that figure. Or Extendar - -he's such a natural fit for this format and would make a terrific deluxe figure.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”