Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Tue Jun 22, 2021 12:09 pm

If you're like me and you buy doubles of MOTU figures to keep one set in the package, don't turn to BBTS thinking that their Collector Grade option will help. I got my shipment in, and they crammed these suckers in just as poorly as Walmart does with their undersized boxes. It's like throwing $3 down the drain. 100% don't do it, it's a scam.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:58 pm

I don't know if this has been discussed in the thread yet, but in Pixel Dan's review of Faker, he mentioned that MOTUO team told him that ALL future versions of regular He-Man would have the vintage inspired head, not the one he originally came with.

So if that's the look you want, and you don't want BA He-Man, that version should be easier to find at some point in the future.
GrumpyMatt
Avengers Assemble

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:35 pm

The Keldor set is up for shipping at Target with a $25 off of $100 promo today.
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 2:47 pm

jimbles wrote:If you're like me and you buy doubles of MOTU figures to keep one set in the package, don't turn to BBTS thinking that their Collector Grade option will help. I got my shipment in, and they crammed these suckers in just as poorly as Walmart does with their undersized boxes. It's like throwing $3 down the drain. 100% don't do it, it's a scam.
Have you reached out to their customer service? I never use collector grade because I am an opener but I've been buying from them for years and I've never even had this happen with standard grade. This was obviously a mistake that I am sure they would appreciate having the opportunity to make right.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:15 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
jimbles wrote:If you're like me and you buy doubles of MOTU figures to keep one set in the package, don't turn to BBTS thinking that their Collector Grade option will help. I got my shipment in, and they crammed these suckers in just as poorly as Walmart does with their undersized boxes. It's like throwing $3 down the drain. 100% don't do it, it's a scam.
Have you reached out to their customer service? I never use collector grade because I am an opener but I've been buying from them for years and I've never even had this happen with standard grade. This was obviously a mistake that I am sure they would appreciate having the opportunity to make right.
At the very least, try to get a refund for the upcharge for collector grade. They screwed me on that too a couple orders ago, with MotUO in particular.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:34 pm

I've found BBTS boxes to be quite large. Never had anything crammed into them. And I always select standard grade.
MARVEL KNIGHT 2099
Such a cute little cheerleader

Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:59 pm

I have no connection to MotU at all but I have found myself watching videos and such lately about He-Man and the Origins line and thought they looked like fun pieces. So while at Target today I figured I'd at least pick up He-Man and Skeletor as a test drive to see if I enjoyed them in-hand. At least if I didn't, I'd be more than content with the main two sitting on a shelf somewhere.

...Long story short, they're more charming in-hand than they look in review videos and are surprisingly fun to mess with. The modern articulation on these chunky builds just works. I kinda wanna get more of them...
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:05 pm

NORM wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 4:15 pm
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
At the very least, try to get a refund for the upcharge for collector grade. They screwed me on that too a couple orders ago, with MotUO in particular.
That is very depressing that they haven't addressed the issue, if you have been affected as well in the past over the same thing and let them know. With Walmart I can understand it, because they're a giant monolithic corporation that has dozens of warehouses, thousands of fulfillment employees, millions of items to sell, and other factors at play. BBTS's whole schtick is toys, and offering "collector grade" buying opportunities. Flubbing that simple aspect up and not fixing it when it's brought to your attention is discouraging.

I emailed them, included pictures, and subsequently dropped the 6 other items I had for Collector Grade in my pre-orders. There is literally zero point. And this sucks, because MOTU Origins are super hard to find in good condition due to Mattel putting out such flimsy card backs, so BBTS really could have stepped up to the plate and stood out from the crowd. Instead they showed that the Collector Grade up-sell is just a cash grab with no substance.
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:31 pm

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote:
Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:59 pm
I have no connection to MotU at all but I have found myself watching videos and such lately about He-Man and the Origins line and thought they looked like fun pieces. So while at Target today I figured I'd at least pick up He-Man and Skeletor as a test drive to see if I enjoyed them in-hand. At least if I didn't, I'd be more than content with the main two sitting on a shelf somewhere.

...Long story short, they're more charming in-hand than they look in review videos and are surprisingly fun to mess with. The modern articulation on these chunky builds just works. I kinda wanna get more of them...
Awesome photo. They are a ton of fun, and refreshingly affordable. Wish characters other than H&S were easier to find though. The character diversity is the most fun aspect of the entire line.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue Jun 22, 2021 11:37 pm

jimbles wrote:
I emailed them, included pictures, and subsequently dropped the 6 other items I had for Collector Grade in my pre-orders. There is literally zero point. And this sucks, because MOTU Origins are super hard to find in good condition due to Mattel putting out such flimsy card backs, so BBTS really could have stepped up to the plate and stood out from the crowd. Instead they showed that the Collector Grade up-sell is just a cash grab with no substance.
To be fair to BBTS - I knew a local collector that used BBTS for years and he used their Collector Grade thing for Star Wars and never had a problem except once, and the one time he did they fixed it for him. It's just one of those 'the guy packing the order didn't see the tiny box checked off.' If they're willing to fix it at their own expense.. no harm done, really.
The problem gets down to situations where companies make a mistake like this and then want YOU to pay to ship the item back to them and it's like.. [email protected]#$ you, man. Your mistake, not mine. I already paid.

MARVEL KNIGHT 2099 wrote: ...Long story short, they're more charming in-hand than they look in review videos and are surprisingly fun to mess with. The modern articulation on these chunky builds just works. I kinda wanna get more of them...
I've said before and I'll say it again; given what they are, these figures should NOT be as cool and enjoyable as they are. There's no logic to it. But you get them and you're like 'okay, yeah, I love this for some reason.'

SalemCrow wrote: I don't know if this has been discussed in the thread yet, but in Pixel Dan's review of Faker, he mentioned that MOTUO team told him that ALL future versions of regular He-Man would have the vintage inspired head, not the one he originally came with.
The Mattel team actually mentioned it directly in their talk with PD. It amounts to 'we heard all the collectors bitching and complaining like little babies because they didn't like the new head, so we put the vintage style head in with BA He-Man and people loved it so we're gonna go with that one so people don't spit on us in the street anymore.'

That's a DIRECT quote. I'm not editorializing at all.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:30 am

Thank goodness the rereleases are coming with the full power swords with the corrected handles also. I really despised the half swords with the hand guards.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:09 am

Looks like BBTS will have in the Wind Raider soon if anyone has it pre ordered. I just got an e-mail notice saying to expect it to be in and ship in the coming days.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:01 am

Super Camel wrote:
Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:09 am
Looks like BBTS will have in the Wind Raider soon if anyone has it pre ordered. I just got an e-mail notice saying to expect it to be in and ship in the coming days.
For all the bitching most of us did about the slow trickle of product when this line was supposed to be coming out and seemed like it barely got into any stores.... they've actually dumped out quite a lot of product this year and I think it's fair to give them credit for that. They didn't really hold back for this line.
zodach
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Masters Of The Universe Origins

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:20 am

That’s very true. Mattel has done a great job of getting an extensive lineup out within the first year. It’s not all readily available, but nearly every company has been having that issue for the last 12-15 months.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jun 24, 2021 1:33 am

I agree with both of you. Mattel has really let out a lot of MOTU Origins merchandise just in these first 6 months of 2021. I will say though, if it weren't for BBTS I wouldn't have most of it. I haven't seen anything at retail stores other than He-Man, Skeletor, Battle Cat, and that Wal-Mart flocked Panthor.

But a lot of you on here do seem to find some of the origins products in the wild, especially at Target. And there is one of my big problems. I don't live very close to any Targets. But it has been a really fun line to collect, full of figures, vehicles, and even the Grayskull Playset. And online retailers such as EE and BBTS have really stepped up and made it MUCH easier.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”