Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
User avatar
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: The Burbs of Portland, OR
Posts: 2168
Joined: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:33 am

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:05 am

I knew a few days ago that Camo Khan was going up for sale on Dec. 2, and yet I totally spaced it this morning. I guess it's a good sign that it lasted a whole 30 minutes. I really only wanted it for the hooded head to use as an option for the standard Kobra Khan.

If they do the pre-order thing again, I'll get one. Otherwise, not going to lose too much sleep over it.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1291
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sat Dec 03, 2022 4:00 pm

Falling Downer wrote:
Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:05 am
I knew a few days ago that Camo Khan was going up for sale on Dec. 2, and yet I totally spaced it this morning. I guess it's a good sign that it lasted a whole 30 minutes. I really only wanted it for the hooded head to use as an option for the standard Kobra Khan.

If they do the pre-order thing again, I'll get one. Otherwise, not going to lose too much sleep over it.
I don't think they will do a second run for Camo Khan.

While Wun Dar was some time after the initial offering, Grizzlor was the same weekend for the second offering. I would think they might have something already planned if they were going to do a second run of Camo Khan.

It could also be a wait and see type of situation. The ones that did get a second run sold out in under 5 minutes (Grizzlor, Wun Dar). The one that didn't (Kol Darr) hasn't gotten a second run (yet). Camo Khan took almost as long as Kol Darr to sell out, so maybe they don't see enough interest in doing a second run that would require a MOQ they might not meet in preorders.

Who knows? Plus Camo Khan is already the variant of a regular retail release right now (Cobra Khan), so maybe they didn't see the need to do more, or production is done on that mold and it would take a lot to get in back in the rotation at the factory? Who knows, but either way I am both glad I was able to get one, and mad at the cost.
User avatar
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 2420
Joined: Tue May 06, 2008 11:29 pm

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:14 pm

Target had this display today:

Image
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1291
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:45 pm

mrboshek wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:14 pm
Target had this display today:

Image
WHY?????

WHY MUST YOU TEASE ME SO????? :lol:

I lucked out with Trap Jaw and Scareglow from a local online retailer. However that Man-E-Faces and Orko are just mocking me now seeing how many are showing up. I have to hope that some up here gets them (maybe TRU?).

*mumbles to myself*

mocking.....mocking....mocking.............. :ugh:
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 16974
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:55 pm

canprime wrote:
WHY?????

WHY MUST YOU TEASE ME SO????? :lol:

I lucked out with Trap Jaw and Scareglow from a local online retailer. However that Man-E-Faces and Orko are just mocking me now seeing how many are showing up. I have to hope that some up here gets them (maybe TRU?).

*mumbles to myself*

mocking.....mocking....mocking.............. :ugh:

Ugh, I know. With the price on these in Canada skyrocketing in a matter of months, there's very few figures I'm even willing to pay full price for anymore. But Orko is one of them. If I see that in a store here, I'm getting him (I already have Man-E, Trap, and Scareglow). If Target is getting that in the US, I'm hoping either EB or TRU gets it here. Not holding my breath, though. I've barely seen regular Origins figures at TRU in months. Just vehicles, mostly.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1291
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sun Dec 04, 2022 10:01 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Sun Dec 04, 2022 9:55 pm
canprime wrote:
WHY?????

WHY MUST YOU TEASE ME SO????? :lol:

I lucked out with Trap Jaw and Scareglow from a local online retailer. However that Man-E-Faces and Orko are just mocking me now seeing how many are showing up. I have to hope that some up here gets them (maybe TRU?).

*mumbles to myself*

mocking.....mocking....mocking.............. :ugh:

Ugh, I know. With the price on these in Canada skyrocketing in a matter of months, there's very few figures I'm even willing to pay full price for anymore. But Orko is one of them. If I see that in a store here, I'm getting him (I already have Man-E, Trap, and Scareglow). If Target is getting that in the US, I'm hoping either EB or TRU gets it here. Not holding my breath, though. I've barely seen regular Origins figures at TRU in months. Just vehicles, mostly.
Yeah I have missed the latest waves due to them only being at online retailers right now. So that means roughly $25 each for regular figures and $35+ for deluxes. So while I want them, I just don't want to cough up the dough right now and hope I'll get them through regular retail sometime.

As for Orko and Man-E-Faces, the closest Target to me (Ottawa) is about 2 hours away. So a roughly 5 hour round trip, dealing with the border and the cost of gas just makes no sense.

On the flip side, it is the great deals I have been scoring at Winners lately that have eased my pain. :lol: ($7.99 each Terror Claw Skeletor, FF He-Man, and the Masterverse Scareglow wave).

Then of course I get dragged back down with things like Camo Khan ($62.72 for just 1....!!!!!!) :ugh:
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
Contact:
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Garden State
Posts: 43119
Joined: Tue Nov 04, 2003 6:25 pm

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sun Dec 04, 2022 11:10 pm

I was a day late coming across that end cap shipper. Was picked clean of most, though I spotted one guy with Orko and Trap Jaw in his possession. There was maybe one Man-E-Faces and a couple of Scare Glows left. I'm caught up on them from when they originally came out, but I try to keep my eyes open.
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 16974
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:52 am

canprime wrote: On the flip side, it is the great deals I have been scoring at Winners lately that have eased my pain. :lol: ($7.99 each Terror Claw Skeletor, FF He-Man, and the Masterverse Scareglow wave).
I drive around for work so much and I keep forgetting to even peak at Winners. I need to put that into my schedule.

canprime wrote: Then of course I get dragged back down with things like Camo Khan ($62.72 for just 1....!!!!!!) :ugh:
My only response to that is just ew. There's no single figure in this line I can imagine paying that much for.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 1291
Joined: Wed Jul 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:04 pm

Oh so close.

Went to my local Walmart this morning and found all of wave (6?) EXCEPT for Webstor!!!!! Of course!!!

Still glad to get Green Goddess and Stinkor. Passed on LOP Beast Man due to the card being wrecked, and I'm sure he won't be a big seller anyway so I'll wait and see. Now where is that Webstor darn it!!!
anthonywayne
CROM!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Southeast Michigan
Posts: 801
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:37 pm

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:02 pm

canprime wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 6:04 pm
Oh so close.

Went to my local Walmart this morning and found all of wave (6?) EXCEPT for Webstor!!!!! Of course!!!

Still glad to get Green Goddess and Stinkor. Passed on LOP Beast Man due to the card being wrecked, and I'm sure he won't be a big seller anyway so I'll wait and see. Now where is that Webstor darn it!!!
Wow...I haven't seen any new Origins figures at any Walmart in my area in many moons...guess it may be time to start checking again.
User avatar
MightyMegs
Runs Around in Tights
Posts: 381
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:45 pm

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Mon Dec 12, 2022 3:49 pm

ImageSubternia by Wes, on Flickr
User avatar
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 12124
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:18 pm

Got the email that Space Sumo will drop om Mattel Creations tomorrow. I'm not big into Origins and basically just buy the stuff that wasn't released in the vintage line, but the Warriors of the Sun is exactly my bag. Not in love with Paying the Creations price, but want the fig.


edit: And then I found the 3-pack that includes this character at Target for $24.99 - likely less than Mattel Creations will charge for Sumo by himself. So grabbed that and will skip tomorrow's drop. Glad I found it before I bought online.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8688
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:03 am

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Mon Dec 12, 2022 11:16 pm

PantherCult wrote:
Mon Dec 12, 2022 10:18 pm
Got the email that Space Sumo will drop om Mattel Creations tomorrow. I'm not big into Origins and basically just buy the stuff that wasn't released in the vintage line, but the Warriors of the Sun is exactly my bag. Not in love with Paying the Creations price, but want the fig.


edit: And then I found the 3-pack that includes this character at Target for $24.99 - likely less than Mattel Creations will charge for Sumo by himself. So grabbed that and will skip tomorrow's drop. Glad I found it before I bought online.
Thanks for the heads up on this sale — knew it was worth waiting on this one.

Weird choice to drop this the same week you can get all three figures for $25.
User avatar
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Posts: 16974
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:17 am

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:46 am

A friend of my wife happened across Leech at Walmart the other day while they were on the phone, so now I have Leech!
He's, if I'm being honest, glorious. I love this figure. It's been a good 25-30 years since I've held the original, so it's probably not fair to say he feels very light comparatively. He feels very light compared to his size, and compared to how I -remember- the original feeling. On the other hand, that probably aids a lot in his ability to stay suctioned to various surfaces. And I wouldn't say he feels cheap. He's just definitely not a solid piece of plastic.

He's got some size to him, extra hands, an extra head... pretty much everything I could want him to have, I'd say. I just adore him. My wife is already learning to hate him, as he has now scared her by being attached to various surfaces in the house when she wasn't looking. Life is good.


Also! He just happens to show up on the day when we get the early listing for Snake Mountain, unconfirmed-confirming that it will be under 120 bucks and available next Summer. Yay!

PantherCult wrote: Got the email that Space Sumo will drop om Mattel Creations tomorrow. I'm not big into Origins and basically just buy the stuff that wasn't released in the vintage line, but the Warriors of the Sun is exactly my bag. Not in love with Paying the Creations price, but want the fig.
I wanted the WotS figures, myself. But not for the new, inflated price. It actually really bums me out that all of these figures started hitting Canada pretty much right at the same time as the prices shot up 25% in a day. For that size of a price hike, I decided I can do without them, as I'm doing without a lot of actual MOTU characters. So I'm in the weird position of wanting them to be successful, but also hoping they go on clearance?
That being said, it's bizarre to me that they decided to go with an even higher price on the MC stock. It's not like these are super high-demand and I'll be pretty surprised if the market can really support characters like Sumo at those MC prices.
User avatar
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 12124
Joined: Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:12 pm

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:14 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue Dec 13, 2022 12:46 am
I wanted the WotS figures, myself. But not for the new, inflated price. It actually really bums me out that all of these figures started hitting Canada pretty much right at the same time as the prices shot up 25% in a day. For that size of a price hike, I decided I can do without them, as I'm doing without a lot of actual MOTU characters. So I'm in the weird position of wanting them to be successful, but also hoping they go on clearance?
That being said, it's bizarre to me that they decided to go with an even higher price on the MC stock. It's not like these are super high-demand and I'll be pretty surprised if the market can really support characters like Sumo at those MC prices.
I totally get it - and am glad I haven't had to pay the Canadian mark up on this stuff yet. I'm curious to see if the Warriors of the Sun characters end up on clearance because MOTU fans don't know/want them or if the distribution on these waves with them will be so poor - because retailers cut orders - that they'll be hard to find?

I am glad I found that 3-pack on sale. I already had single carded Pig Head but can use the extra to try to retro-fit into a classics version of the character maybe. Actually eager for Hypno to be orderable soon.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”