Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:55 pm

Just saw some potential leaks! Buzz-Off & NE Mer-Man!!!

https://foreternia.com/masterverse-figure-list

Gonna get two Mer-Men. Strip both of armor. Put armor on Revelations Mer-Man. That is Mer-Man. Two stripped down will be his Mer-soldiers (like my "Beast Men")!
Grouch
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:45 pm

Looking forward to Merman.
Freddizinho
I wish I had super powers

Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:32 am

The line is getting bigger and bigger. Do you think any vehicles will eventually be made? I have so far used the ones from classics.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:49 am

I'm very weak. I had sworn off the idea of getting 40A He-Man. Especially since he's kind of between regular and deluxe pricing everywhere I've seen him available. Well, I came across him at Walmart today for the same price as regular Masterverse figures and I bought him. Why? I have no idea. It's He-Man and I can't ever seem to say no to He-Man figures.

I doubt I have anything new to add to the discussion but, I don't know.. he's fine? Sort've. But not really.
Warning! FRAT! :
The neck articulation seems unreasonably restricted for no real reason beyond 'bad engineering.' Same with the shoulders. I don't really like how they chose to do the overspray or paint wash or whatever that is on his skin tone. It could absolutely be my colorblindness making it look different to me, but it just looks splotchy and uneven/unnatural.

I think the big disappointment for me (not that I can claim to be surprised since it's always been plainly visible) is the low effort accessories. Full paint whatever all over the skin.... and the accessories are flat grey, unpainted plastic. NE He-Man's sword and axe are the same mold, but look way nicer. I'm not even necessarily bothered that they didn't paint anything, as I can see the argument that these are intended to evoke the original toy. But then.. why all the paint on the figure itself? They just don't match. Either the figure should have less paint detail, or the weapons should have more. It looks weird.

I do really like the new bits on the figure itself; the shorter loincloth, the boots, the left vambrace, the classic harness; all look great. Of course it's stupid that it took this long to get the correct wrist articulation on a figure of a character that unarguably needs it more than most, but I'm happy it's there.

The head.. I do not like. But I find that's been the case with a lot of He-Man figures. None of them look right to me, and this is no exception. Of the Masterverse He-Mans that I own (Rev. NE, 40A), this is the head I dislike the most. I get what they were going for but.. not digging it. It's not awful, but it's not good either.

Freddizinho wrote: The line is getting bigger and bigger. Do you think any vehicles will eventually be made? I have so far used the ones from classics.
I expect the line to remain entirely or mostly about the figures. They haven't even bothered to do Panthor yet, probably due to the lingering, discounted Battle Cats. The line is already pretty expensive, and I think they'd be straining the consumer to try vehicles. Plus, they already seem to be content to divert all that stuff to the Origins line. That's definitely the vehicles-and-playsets expression for MOTU. And as long as Origins is around, I don't see Mattel trying to sell MOTU fans on, say, ANOTHER Wind Raider.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2022 5:07 am

I’ve been able to fit MAA or Teela onto Origins Sky Sleds.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:49 pm

While my 40th HeMan rides Masterverse Battlecat, my classic Masterverse Teela rides Origins Stridor.

Also deluxe Masterverse Beastman and King Grayskull are like $17 bucks on Target site. Picked up an extra Beastman. Preorder for Sunman is like $9.99 too.
Robogeek28
CROM!

Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:23 pm

Glad I waited on Mer-Man after learning my lesson with Beast-Man.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:27 pm

Catra is $10.99 at Amazon right now.
pulpy fiction
Avengers Assemble

Thu Nov 24, 2022 8:40 pm

Roufuss wrote:
Thu Nov 24, 2022 6:27 pm
Catra is $10.99 at Amazon right now.
Not any more, she's out of there! That's a good deal though. I ended up grabbing a Revelations He-Man and Skeletor at those prices on American amazon, and because I'm in Canada usually shipping is like $10 each, but this shipped from a company called ideals and the shipping was $3.50 each. With total and conversion, that's still cheaper than i could of got them here on Canadian amazon or anywhere. I paid less for both figures than i could of got one somewhere up here.
Evil Monkey Pope
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:55 am

Is bat hat Evil-Lyn also being shipped out now by BBTS & GS?
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:57 am

Cool to see Buzz-Off is on the list. Same with Origins, I've got a very small list of characters I hoped they'd make and at first thought they wouldn't but they seem to be doing really well with character selection. I'm honestly pretty close to having my dream lineup already and then everything from there out is bonus fun.

Panthor though. I don't need vehicles, I don't need playsets, but just a repaint of Battlecat for Panthor is all I'm asking. that'd make the collection truly complete. The two fuzzballs were always my favorite part of the line even as a kid. I'd have been happy with just the two cats, I swear.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Nov 26, 2022 5:30 am

Evil Monkey Pope wrote:
Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:55 am
Is bat hat Evil-Lyn also being shipped out now by BBTS & GS?
Yes. That figure should be shipping out along with Roboto, Stratos, and Frosta.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Nov 27, 2022 7:37 pm

New cartoon Skeletor (the big bulky one) is down to $11.99 right now on Amazon!
Night Wolf
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:36 pm

Dam, just saw the Man-E-faces figure and he looks incredible!
liking the skull face it comes with, i dont think the original had that face.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Nov 28, 2022 6:32 pm

Night Wolf wrote:
Mon Nov 28, 2022 5:36 pm
Dam, just saw the Man-E-faces figure and he looks incredible!
liking the skull face it comes with, i dont think the original had that face.
Did you spot it in NJ?

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”