Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:32 pm

Found the Mantenna Wave 9 at Walmart yesterday. First time I’ve seen a new wave in store since the Jitsu Wave 7. I purchased Wave 8, 9, and 10 online. I did pickup the Mantenna and Pig Head so I can return the non-US carded versions that BBTS sent me. I prefer the US packaging and the comics with text in them.

Amazon updated their page with Mekaneck and the Ground Ripper with new pics. Hoping to order that soon once it becomes available!
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:35 pm

Target restocked the Mantenna wave yesterday. I was able to replace the one I had with messed up fangs.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

jonaskane
Avengers Assemble

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:26 pm

Jase wrote:
Sat Oct 01, 2022 4:32 pm
Amazon updated their page with Mekaneck and the Ground Ripper with new pics. Hoping to order that soon once it becomes available!
Are there links for these? I don't remember seeing them before.
GrumpyMatt
CROM!

Sun Oct 02, 2022 3:36 pm

Took me a while to find it yesterday: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B5H ... s_li_ss_tl

This set is like killing two birds with one stone for me. Both are big wants in Origins.
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble

Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:03 am

Thanks!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Oct 03, 2022 9:28 pm

Pile of Loot arrived today, so I got Whiplash, Randor, and Trap Jaw, and with them, I opened 200X He-Man and Skeletor, and Teela and Zoar.

Feels like it's been a while since opening any Origins figures.

Whiplash does not disappoint. Love how solid the tail feels.

Randor is good, though a little too Burger King. Did the vintage one share the same weapon as Whiplash? Because this one does, but in gold instead of red.

Trap Jaw is good, always happy to add to those minicomics figures.

200X He-Man and Skeletor look great, but it's mostly about the accessories, and obviously the heads. I think it's fun to have them in this style.

I wasn't sure what was different besides color on this new Teela, but she now has a loose, high ponytail, which is nice looking. Her sword and staff are also recolored to golden yellow. With the ponytail, I feel like she could fit with these 200X figures, but we don't have anyone else and I don't necessarily want yet another sub-collection to this line.

Zoar is fun, but feels a lot more flimsy than the vintage one. She feels more hollow. Despite that, her action feature works the exact same way. Oh, her wings are a very soft rubber, much softer than what I remember of the vintage. The armor doesn't fit great on the tail, and I'm afraid it's going to stress. But the claws fit on her perch perfectly and tightly. Happy to add another beast to this line.

This continues to be one of the coolest lines of the past few years. I'm so glad they've gone as deep as they have.
canprime
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:42 pm

So the Eternia playset price has leaked earlier.

$550 plus a $50 surcharge for shipping in the US (nothing about international yet). So $600 (plus tax I'm assuming)

The dimensions are apparently 3' x 4' (and at least 20" high) so it is going to take up a huge amount of space.

I'm not sure how this is going to fit for anyone's display, but you are going to need a lot of space.

What a time to be collecting.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:48 pm

$600. Nope.
jonaskane
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 04, 2022 3:03 pm

Randor, Whiplash, Digitino and Teela/Zoar are currently wandering the wilds of West Virginia and have been for several days on their way from BBTS to GA. Man, FedEx is awful. Somebody needs to show them the beginning of Cast Away and kick them back into gear.
Valo487
CROM!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:21 pm

As much as the words “Early Bird” give me a twitch after toiling in the hell that is the Ghost Rider Haslab thread, King Grayskull is apparently an Early Bird offer if it hits 5K in a week’s time. I look forward to the meltdowns I’m sure are coming. And by that I mean I am not looking forward to the meltdowns that are coming.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:30 pm

MotU fans are rabid and this has been a coveted set by fans since the '80s. This is like if Hasbro decided to crowdfund a 1:18 USS Flagg. Both were dream sets for us as kids. I think Eternia could fund for sure. I don't think KG is that big an incentive to get it completely funded in a week, but I've been wrong before. I think there are still people who can't accept a KG of color. I don't plan on backing, because I just don't have that kind of room. But I hope that it funds for the sake of those who do.
Boke18
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:34 pm

It's expensive for sure. I'd need to see how long the preorder window is. But there are definitely a lot of older fans that might just cough up the money.
Valo487
CROM!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 4:36 pm

I look at it as just more goodness if he gets included, and the color change didn’t bother me, I actually think it’s a really cool design. I do hope they make the King Grayskull who looks like He-Man’s ancestor as a young man at some point as well, especially if they’re going to keep making alternate versions of the characters from different forms of MOTU media. Between this and the charger I previously mentioned, I’m in for a lot of money in one month, but I’m fortunate to be able to jump in on things like this.
bezem
Avengers Assemble

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:05 pm

canprime wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:42 pm
So the Eternia playset price has leaked earlier.

$550 plus a $50 surcharge for shipping in the US (nothing about international yet). So $600 (plus tax I'm assuming)

The dimensions are apparently 3' x 4' (and at least 20" high) so it is going to take up a huge amount of space.

I'm not sure how this is going to fit for anyone's display, but you are going to need a lot of space.

What a time to be collecting.
$600 is much better than the $800 I figured it would be. Looks like I'll be pre-ordering Eternia and enjoying some hat for lunch :lol:
Valo487
CROM!

Tue Oct 04, 2022 6:19 pm

I was born too late to get into MOTU during its first time out, I became a fan in the 2000 era and ever since, why was this playset so popular? Is it just the size or something other than that?

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”