Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Boggsy1982
Avengers Assemble
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:28 pm

NORM wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:13 pm
Boggsy1982 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:05 pm
GrumpyMatt wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:00 pm
Finally hit on the New Eternia wave at Ollies. I didn't count, but they had a lot of cases piled up toward the front of the store. Grabbed Skeletor and Teela. Already had Mer-Man and even at $8, the horned He-Man was a no-go for me.

I'd love to know how they ended up at Ollies in such quantities. The result of inventory backlogs at big box stores?
Apparently Ollie's got a huge backlog of stuff from Target stores.
What a bummer. We have no Ollies in this area, and I've been wanting an extra classic Teela. Guess I'll have to skip that one.
Well I don't think every Ollie's have received cases of that pack out as the Ollie's here in my town only have a huge amount of wave 1 Skeletor. However, we do have a surplus store that got stuff from Target as well and got a huge amount of case packs of the wave. I managed to get Teela, Merman, He-Man and Skeletor for $11 a piece.
Leonardo T Dragon
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:36 pm

Boggsy1982 wrote:
NORM wrote:
Boggsy1982 wrote:
Thu Sep 22, 2022 4:05 pm

Apparently Ollie's got a huge backlog of stuff from Target stores.
What a bummer. We have no Ollies in this area, and I've been wanting an extra classic Teela. Guess I'll have to skip that one.
Well I don't think every Ollie's have received cases of that pack out as the Ollie's here in my town only have a huge amount of wave 1 Skeletor. However, we do have a surplus store that got stuff from Target as well and got a huge amount of case packs of the wave. I managed to get Teela, Merman, He-Man and Skeletor for $11 a piece.
That's crazy as our Targets have NEVER even stocked this wave.
bezem
Avengers Assemble

Thu Sep 22, 2022 5:28 pm

Saw this wave at Target once, and it was only New Eternia Skeletor and Mer-Man that were left. Got NE He-Man on Amazon and have never seen Teela. Would love an Ollie's Teela but no Ollie's in CA. Drag.
Mr_Saver
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:03 am

Leonardo T Dragon wrote:
Boggsy1982 wrote:
NORM wrote:
That's crazy as our Targets have NEVER even stocked this wave.
Same… they could probably actually sell this wave. Should’ve dumped off all their andra and fistos clogging the shelves.

Target near me really doesn’t run their toy section very well apart from ML and DC stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:01 am

Yeah, my Target never got the Teela wave. Still choking on Stinkor and Fisto. Which is sad because both are great figure. And yeah, I’m pretty sure all of the following wave would have sold through. H & S, Teela and Merman.. for all I know, they WERE stocked and didn’t last long enough for me to even find remnants.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 12:17 pm

I have two nearby Ollies I've been checking regularly since they usually have some nice finds this time of year, but I haven't seen any Masterverse. Both stores have Panthor, Windraider, and that Skeletor throne/snake from the Netflix show. I've seen the Teela wave at Walmart only recently, like within the last two weeks.
Speaking of Walmart, I was waiting for them to cut the price of Masterverse Battlecat a little more to grab a second. I was a half day late. All their clearance toys were on deeper discount from the day before. I bet Battlecat went below $10.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:33 pm

My Big Bad Toy box showed up including Masterverse She-Ra and Hordak. Quick thoughts:

Hordak is dope, but not perfect. The standout is his arm features. So he comes packaged with the cannon arm attached to him, and includes an extra regular arm to replace it (and a gripping left and gripping/pointing right hand). But the cannon arm is sculpted ambiguously, so that it can be plugged into his left shoulder as well. I figured this out when pulling him out of the tray and his left arm popping out easily. So he can be displayed with both regular arms, or one regular and one cannon on either side. It's pretty neat. However, the pegs that go into the shoulder aren't particularly secure on any arm. And due to the armbands on each arm, his regular arms have a hard time coming down flush at his sides. It's a minor gripe, because he otherwise looks great. His head is a pearlescent white plastic, which makes the sculpt tough to see. His other accessories include a mechanical claw hand to plug into the cannon (also ambiguously not right or left), a crossbow and a shield shaped as the Horde insignia.

She-Ra is less satisfying. I don't know who said she's taller than Hordak, but she doesn't look it to me. She suffers from short neck syndrome that Evil Lyn had, so that looks lame with either cape option. The classic cape is worn by just a choker, while the long cape is worn by larger shoulder armor. Both make her neck look short. I don't like how her classic head's mouth is painted to show teeth. I'll probably paint over it. The masked head looks cool, but also suffers from short neck. She has two grip hands, a right fist and open left, and her classic shield. I think she looks decent, but lacks range of motion in her torso pivot (not enough arch). She's fair.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:17 pm

I cracked both of these open yesterday as well from BBTS. I think my only real complaint is to agree about She-Ra's short neck (we know they can get it right - Teela didn't have it as pronounced, right?). And I find Hordak's neck has a bit of limited ROM I'm not crazy about either. The accessories for both are solid (maybe not super deluxe pricing, but still good). No regrets picking them up, but not the strongest in the line so far.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:55 pm

First off, I went to Ollies today and found the Savage He-Man and Orko set for $8.00! How could I not buy another set for that price. With savings like that, I couldn't afford NOT to buy it again. So, I grabbed a set.

Second, I keep seeing everyone is getting the Hordak and She-Ra deluxe sets. I have them pre ordered at BBTS, but mine have still never shipped out. I've watched some reviews on Youtube, and overall, both Deluxe sets look good. Still not better than MOTU Classics though in my opinion. I also see people reviewing the next Wave of regular Masterverse figures with New Eternia, Battle Armor He-Man in it on YouTube. So, hopefully those will ship from BBTS before too long as well.
Aggro Ninja
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Sep 26, 2022 2:44 pm

Super Camel wrote:
Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:55 pm
First off, I went to Ollies today and found the Savage He-Man and Orko set for $8.00! How could I not buy another set for that price. With savings like that, I couldn't afford NOT to buy it again. So, I grabbed a set.

Second, I keep seeing everyone is getting the Hordak and She-Ra deluxe sets. I have them pre ordered at BBTS, but mine have still never shipped out. I've watched some reviews on Youtube, and overall, both Deluxe sets look good. Still not better than MOTU Classics though in my opinion. I also see people reviewing the next Wave of regular Masterverse figures with New Eternia, Battle Armor He-Man in it on YouTube. So, hopefully those will ship from BBTS before too long as well.
Same here. I bought my She-Ra and Hordak pretty soon after they went up, as near as I can tell, but neither has hit my pile of loot yet. It gets frustrating seeing other people getting theirs from BBTS as long as a month ago while I'm still waiting.
anti-hero
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:24 pm

Found She-Ra at target today (St Louis area). 3 of her, but no Hordak. $32.99, but I had a $5 gc so that helped.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:19 pm

Found 4-5 Hordaks at Target today, but no She-Ra! KG and TJ holding steady at 29.99.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 8:45 pm

Found three 40th He-Mans at a Target far from home yesterday. Left 'em.

Really hope they release Skeletor outside that con 2-pack, though.
vicious7171
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:14 pm

I finally picked up Tri-Klops on sale at Target and he's neat but...anyone else really underwhelmed with the eyes? I don't know if it's cartoon-accurate or what, but it is very boring. Three eyes that look the same with slightly-different shapes. Snooze!
heman008
Avengers Assemble

Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:28 pm

Just got a tracking number for my con set. Can’t wait for this.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”