Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:05 am

Well, perhaps I am the last of the Kol-Dar shipping list, because I’ve got nada and the website still says “unfulfilled”. Yeesh.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:32 am

aceofknaves wrote:
Well, perhaps I am the last of the Kol-Dar shipping list, because I’ve got nada and the website still says “unfulfilled”. Yeesh.
That's because I warned them about you.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:26 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
Fri Aug 12, 2022 3:32 am
aceofknaves wrote:
That's because I warned them about you.
That’s fair. I am going to consume every Kol-Dar I come into contact with until I am made of Kol-Dar. They should probably be prepared for that.
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Aug 12, 2022 10:13 pm

Ha! I clearly whined enough in this thread because Matty says my Kol-Dar has (finally) shipped! Enjoy frozen-over hell, folks. I hear the tobogganing is amazing.
KnightDamien

Sat Aug 13, 2022 1:04 am

aceofknaves wrote: That’s fair. I am going to consume every Kol-Dar I come into contact with until I am made of Kol-Dar. They should probably be prepared for that.
aceofknaves: the Shang Tsung of Kol-Dar action figures.

aceofknaves wrote: Ha! I clearly whined enough in this thread because Matty says my Kol-Dar has (finally) shipped! Enjoy frozen-over hell, folks. I hear the tobogganing is amazing.
Huzzah!
copperthedog
I wish I had super powers

Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:42 pm

I received the newest wave of figures (200x He-Man & Skeletor, Pig-Head, and Mantenna) from BBTS today and I found it odd that they are all on the foreign release cards. I guess I'll have to make up my own dialogue for the mini comic. Also, the 200X He-Man head looks like it would make a good John Blackstar custom.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 8:28 am

Does anyone have New Eternia Beastman and some MOTU Origins figures and could show me the furry armor on an Origins figure? Please and thank you!
Liquidus Snake
Customized

Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:15 pm

ODBJBG wrote:Does anyone have New Eternia Beastman and some MOTU Origins figures and could show me the furry armor on an Origins figure? Please and thank you!
Here you go! It comes down a little low, but I think it could work with some finagling.

KnightDamien

Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:21 pm

I knew it was happening but it still made me laugh (derisively, so derisively) to actually go into a Walmart and see they've jacked these things from 15 dollars to 23 dollars in one shot and didn't even bother to clearance out the existing figures. So the same figures they couldn't sell at 15 are now on the shelf for 23.
Awesome move, Walmart. You guys are superstars.

And, quite honestly, 23 dollars is a shitty price for these figures.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 10:53 pm

I found Roton today at a Wal-Mart. It was $32. I picked one up. Really cool looking vehicle, just like the vintage and Classics versions.

That BLOWS KnightDamien! From 15 to 23? Thats crazy. Here in the US as of right now the Origins basic figures are $14.99 at Wal-Mart. They started at $9.99, then went up to $12.99, and are now $14.99 But that's for now.

But I can't believe they jumped 8 Canadian Dollars at once. That seems extreme.
canprime
CROM!

Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:38 pm

KnightDamien wrote:
I knew it was happening but it still made me laugh (derisively, so derisively) to actually go into a Walmart and see they've jacked these things from 15 dollars to 23 dollars in one shot and didn't even bother to clearance out the existing figures. So the same figures they couldn't sell at 15 are now on the shelf for 23.

What's funny is that they jumped the price on the WWE Masters of the Universe figures from $14.97 to $19.97. Of course all I see anymore is Stephanie MacMahon and Goldberg, with the odd Kane. So those 2 didn't move at $14.97 but will at $19.97? Then of course in true Walmart fashion I found them the other day on "clearance" for $14!!!! :oops:
Super Camel wrote: I found Roton today at a Wal-Mart. It was $32. I picked one up. Really cool looking vehicle, just like the vintage and Classics versions.

That BLOWS KnightDamien! From 15 to 23? Thats crazy. Here in the US as of right now the Origins basic figures are $14.99 at Wal-Mart. They started at $9.99, then went up to $12.99, and are now $14.99 But that's for now.

The prevailing belief is that Walmart Canada caught on to the price discrepancy they had with MOTU:O figures. We were paying $14.97 which is what was your price in the US at a lot of places until recently. If Walmart Canada was following the exchange rate it should have been at least $19, but most likely $19.97 instead of $14.97.

So with the price going up in the US, again it seems Walmart Canada caught on and made up for the discrepancy and now sits closer to what it should be in the Canadian market.

If was fun while it lasted, and I lucked out and found all the last 2 waves at Walmart for $14.97 (Sorceress wave, Sun Man wave).
Tenement Funster
Customized

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:02 am

canprime wrote:
KnightDamien wrote:

What's funny is that they jumped the price on the WWE Masters of the Universe figures from $14.97 to $19.97. Of course all I see anymore is Stephanie MacMahon and Goldberg, with the odd Kane. So those 2 didn't move at $14.97 but will at $19.97? Then of course in true Walmart fashion I found them the other day on "clearance" for $14!!!! :oops:
Super Camel wrote: I found Roton today at a Wal-Mart. It was $32. I picked one up. Really cool looking vehicle, just like the vintage and Classics versions.

The prevailing belief is that Walmart Canada caught on to the price discrepancy they had with MOTU:O figures. We were paying $14.97 which is what was your price in the US at a lot of places until recently. If Walmart Canada was following the exchange rate it should have been at least $19, but most likely $19.97 instead of $14.97.

So with the price going up in the US, again it seems Walmart Canada caught on and made up for the discrepancy and now sits closer to what it should be in the Canadian market.

If was fun while it lasted, and I lucked out and found all the last 2 waves at Walmart for $14.97 (Sorceress wave, Sun Man wave).
I work in supply chain. No doubt costs went up. But these increases are insane. Todd seems to be able to keep costs under control...
KnightDamien

Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:04 am

Super Camel wrote: But I can't believe they jumped 8 Canadian Dollars at once. That seems extreme.
Yeah, dude. It's an over 40% price increase in a single drop, which (completely regardless of their reasoning) is absolute horseshit.
Frankly, I honestly think the figures should remain at the US prices in Canada. The vehicles and larger items have all been handled at the exchange rate and every single one of them has stuck around until it went on sale. The Canadian prices are just too high. Especially for a line like this.

It's just going to prove to be self-defeating greed when the line utterly fails at retail up here because no one wants to buy these at nearly 25 bucks a pop. But I guess we'll see. I'm certainly not buying them - at least not from Walmart. If there's something I desperately want to have, I'll just get it from somewhere like BBTS since I'm paying the same price either way.
canprime
CROM!

Thu Aug 18, 2022 11:48 am

Tenement Funster wrote:
Thu Aug 18, 2022 1:02 am
canprime wrote:
KnightDamien wrote:

I work in supply chain. No doubt costs went up. But these increases are insane. Todd seems to be able to keep costs under control...
Unfortunately, at least up here, DC Multiverse has recently gone through a price increase. Everything has gone up about $5 per price point at most retailers. On top of that we are paying the usual Canadian premium because........reasons......

The new page punchers are $17 and $37 respectively. That is about $14 and $29US.

As KnightDamien pointed out it is just as bad now on the MOTU:O side. We are at $35 for deluxe figures and $24 for regular figures. Not to mention most vehicles start around $40. For a line that initially started as a budget friendly, kids skewed, line it has really turned. Now it is really hard to justify the prices, but of course that can be said for pretty much all action figure lines.
mikeysee
Avengers Assemble

Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:16 pm

Not to salt the wounds of our northern neighbors, but Walmart has Snout Spout in stock right now: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Masters-Of-T ... hbdg=L1100

I haven't managed to find Leech or Mantenna yet but I don't think Target has actually started stocking them yet.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”