Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:35 pm

darkmoon766 wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 7:07 pm
Roufuss wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:21 pm
Went to a Target recently that had four Pig Man on the shelf. Took a chance and asked if they had any in the back, knowing that many Pig Mans meant multiple cases, and got lucky when he came back with 200X He-Man and Mantenna!

Never thought we would get 200X in this line. Love it.

Just need BBTS to get 200X Skeletor, still no luck on him. A lot of the stores here are still stuck on the Jitsu wave despite dropping the price cheap.
Isn't that single carded pigman basically useless if you get the Sun-Man 3 pack?
Pretty much. I’m just going to wait for the Sun-Man 3 pack to hit the same 70% off clearance as every other Origins Target exclusive, so paying for another Pig Man won’t really factor into it.
Valo487
CROM!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:41 am

I like that they’re mixing in all sorts of different eras, even Revelations which I didn’t really care for, into this line, hopefully it means they’re trying to cast a wider net so they can keep the line running past the main vintage characters. I want them to get to Gygor and other characters as well, some of the 200X original characters would be great to see too. MOTUC was a mess in a lot of ways but I’d love to see this line get to as many branches of the MOTU property as possible. I’m also eagerly awaiting a certain former brand manager’s attempt to keep his 2023 doomsday clock ticking now.

I’m not sure why there’s a lot of concern about this line, from everything I witness at retail this line seems to do better than Masterverse, and they seem to have plans for both moving forward. If they don’t seem worried, why should I be? I don’t love every decision they’re making, particularly regarding the skeleton army builders but HOPEFULLY they realize they’re sitting on a license to print money with those and act accordingly.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Aug 07, 2022 3:36 am

Got Leech today from BBTS. Glad he’s a deluxe. I like having the options. The suction cups work really well. He was actually suctioned to his plastic tray when I was taking him out of the package! As fun as that action feature is, I decided to switch to the non-suction head and hands. I just think they look better.
MightyMegs
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:19 am

ImageEternian Team Up by Wes, on Flickr
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:32 am

MightyMegs wrote:
Careful! There’s a rubber dragon puppet in there!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:27 pm

Not sure if this is old news, but TRU has the flocked Panthor if any Canadians are looking for it.
Meauxses
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:28 am

ODBJBG wrote:It’s wild. I mean WILD to me how many closet racists and just pure unbridled near Neo-Nazi types there are out there. I mean, like, you go to Walmart and you see them sure. But you tend to think people who read comics, are into sci-fi, collect toys that are based around morals and values and stuff would be better than that.

And then weird things happen like Mattel makes a Sun-Man figure and then dudes just start wearing their white robes out in public.

Seriously. I’ve seen more racist nonsense over Sun-Man than I have actual like important race issues. So bizarre to me. But just goes to show you that no matter how far you think we’ve gone as a society, there’s literally like 40% of the population that are still generally vile in every way. Even in “enlightened” communities such as this.
Nothing’s more moral than stereotyping Wal Mart shoppers as racists. Thank God someone of your obviously irreproachable character is here to provide we lowly sinners an example to which we can aspire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 6:11 am

Meauxses wrote:
Tue Aug 09, 2022 5:28 am
Thank God someone of your obviously irreproachable character is here to provide we lowly sinners an example to which we can aspire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
One doesn’t need irreproachable character to look at a guy like, say, you, making constant racist remarks and think: “hmm, that guy is sure advertising a bunch of racist* nonsense all the damn time, like pretty much every time he posts”.
That’s kind of like looking up at the sky and going “oh, hey: BLUE.”

*I mean, not *always* racist, sometimes homophobic or just generally far-right goony-bird lunacy
canprime
CROM!

Tue Aug 09, 2022 10:49 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:27 pm
Not sure if this is old news, but TRU has the flocked Panthor if any Canadians are looking for it.
And on sale until Wednesday....$45.45 compared to $64.99 (still too expensive).
aceofknaves
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 12:59 am

Anyone else still waiting on Kol-Dar from Matty? I know folks already have him in hand, and mine hasn’t even shipped yet, although I see a Matty label that has been pending on my FedEx account for going on two weeks.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 1:23 am

So... I have no idea what the status of my Kol Dar order is. On the Mattel Creations site on one screen it shows my Kol-Dar order as "paid" but the "Fulfilled" space is blank.

When I go to the Order detail it says "Fulfilled" but provides no date, no shipping information and nothing else that would let me know the order has been processed and sent.

So, I have no idea if they've mailed my Kol-Dar yet - I'm guessing not - but the site is so vague I don't know how I'd tell.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Wed Aug 10, 2022 2:07 am

canprime wrote: And on sale until Wednesday....$45.45 compared to $64.99 (still too expensive).
Oh, definitely. Even the sale price is way too much for what you get. 25 bucks, I might have considered it if I had any interest in flocking. Which. I. Do. Not.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Aug 10, 2022 6:23 am

MightyMegs wrote:
NICE!

Man, I hope we get a Fright Zone in this line. Snake Mountain first of course, but I'd really like to get that, too.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:20 pm

PantherCult wrote:
So... I have no idea what the status of my Kol Dar order is.
Update.... Kol-Dar arrived at my house today. And I love him. I immediately took the armor and head and popped it on an extra Classics Tri Klops body I had and it works great. The armor ends a tad higher on the torso than would be ideal, but it's not a deal breaker. It will take mild tweaking to make right - gold paint on the wrists and belt and a swap of the boots and feet but that's easy and modest. The second one slides onto my 5" motu shelf as is.

I like the head sculpt way more than I thought I would, to the point I'm hoping someone will sell casts so I can use for a few customs.

This might be my favorite Origins figure so far because its something I've never had before in any MOTU collection, which is pretty cool.
bezem
Avengers Assemble

Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:54 am

PantherCult wrote:
Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:20 pm
PantherCult wrote:
So... I have no idea what the status of my Kol Dar order is.
Update.... Kol-Dar arrived at my house today. And I love him. I immediately took the armor and head and popped it on an extra Classics Tri Klops body I had and it works great. The armor ends a tad higher on the torso than would be ideal, but it's not a deal breaker. It will take mild tweaking to make right - gold paint on the wrists and belt and a swap of the boots and feet but that's easy and modest. The second one slides onto my 5" motu shelf as is.

I like the head sculpt way more than I thought I would, to the point I'm hoping someone will sell casts so I can use for a few customs.

This might be my favorite Origins figure so far because its something I've never had before in any MOTU collection, which is pretty cool.
I was curious how easy it'd be to convert Kol-Dar to a Classics figure. Would love to see a picture!

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”