Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:37 pm

dchimpy wrote:
Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:44 pm
Sorry if this has been covered already, but is this Beast Man a Target exclusive?
There’s been no official indication that Beast Man is exclusive to anywhere. However, I don’t think preorders are available anywhere currently; I also don’t think it’s been made available online in general yet.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:13 pm

I found a restock of Beast Man, and ALL of them had the new torso. I picked one up to exchange. Got home, found that the new one had his legs assembled swapped. Right on left, left on right, though the hips and feet were correct. Had to heat and pop to swap them to the correct sides. Fortunately it was easy, but unfortunately, it's impossible to tell from inside the package!
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:53 pm

I'm trying to decide if I care enough to track down a corrected New Eternia Beast Man. With the fuzzy harness and belt on the torso is hard to see and the discoloration isn't too noticeable from the front. I think if it ends up on a Target clearance or soemething I'll get the "right" version, but I ultimately I think I can live with the discolored torso version
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:24 pm

I saw one with the new torso color. The white around his face also looked like a darker grey and the lips seem like they were painted better, eliminating the "pencil thin mustache". I'll keep an eye out for a sale before buying.
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:54 pm

I really don't care about the torso, as I didn't really notice it until others started pointing it out (and TBH, still haven't even bothered to check mine).

But the face paint bothers me. And I definitely found him before I saw anyone on here post about it, so I definitely got a "v1."
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:02 am

I also found a new stock of the corrected figure today. Found at least 5 of them actually, and with 1 of the first shipment on the shelf, I was able to confirm it in package.

I also have 2 of the Netflix figures, so I did some swapping around and quick paint mods for the moment.

ImageColor correction by lionpride75, on Flickr

The NE armor looks pretty good on the Netflix body, even with the hunched over pose and fur on the spine.
ImageBeast men by lionpride75, on Flickr

Oddly, the Netflix head matches the miscolored NE body pretty well, so I swapped 2 of the heads around.

The socket is smaller on the Netflix head, so it needs to be hollowed out a bit to fit the new ball peg for the head.

Beast Man and his crew.
The NE Beast Man head needs some blu-tac or hot glue in the socket to fit the Netflix ball peg, but it works.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:32 am

mrboshek wrote:
Thu Jul 07, 2022 9:24 pm
I saw one with the new torso color. The white around his face also looked like a darker grey and the lips seem like they were painted better, eliminating the "pencil thin mustache". I'll keep an eye out for a sale before buying.
I spotted five today, and the one I bought was the only one without the pencil stache. The rest consistently had the white line right above the upper lip with a gap between that and the white paint below his nose.
heman008
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:59 am

Question for you all. Has anyone ordered from here before? https://www.mattel-toys.club/ they’ve got cheap deals on some Masterverse figures and even have the Megacontrux Castle for $65.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:19 am

heman008 wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:59 am
Question for you all. Has anyone ordered from here before? https://www.mattel-toys.club/ they’ve got cheap deals on some Masterverse figures and even have the Megacontrux Castle for $65.
I’ve never seen that site before, and its prices almost seem too good to be true.
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Fri Jul 08, 2022 11:07 am

It's a scam site, been around for a while. A friend took the bait and got hosed, no item ever sent but money was taken.
Leonardo T Dragon
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:28 pm

TENIME_art wrote:
Fri Jul 01, 2022 5:36 pm
All of my Targets are as plentiful with NE Beast Man as the deluxes before him, and while I already have both thanks to BBTS, I have seen neither scale nor hair of either Mer-Man nor Classic Teela.
This is also true of Downstate IL as well. Literally, just Beast Man in these parts.
Tenement Funster
Customized

Fri Jul 08, 2022 3:56 pm

If anyone is in the ATL area, there is a Target with 4 Beast-man(s) and they're all half price.
All MOTU stuff is marked down by 50% or more.
My sis-in-law got me another Stridor for $10, Battleground set for 15, and Beastman for 10.
Insanity and a little worrisome.

Work prevented me from posting here until she had to leave Target and I don't like buying extra "in case" someone needs them and removing them from other collectors.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jul 08, 2022 4:48 pm

Yeah, MotU is on deep clearance at my Target. Battle armor set down to 15, Stridor and Wind Raider about as low, and of course, Revelations Battle Cat which I bought at 20 last week is down to 12 today. Tempted to price adjust.
Tenement Funster
Customized

Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:51 pm

Man I wish they'd had Wind Raiders.
I'd have bought all of them.
Tenement Funster
Customized

Fri Jul 08, 2022 5:54 pm

SalemCrow wrote:
Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:02 am
I also found a new stock of the corrected figure today. Found at least 5 of them actually, and with 1 of the first shipment on the shelf, I was able to confirm it in package.

I also have 2 of the Netflix figures, so I did some swapping around and quick paint mods for the moment.

ImageColor correction by lionpride75, on Flickr

The NE armor looks pretty good on the Netflix body, even with the hunched over pose and fur on the spine.

Oddly, the Netflix head matches the miscolored NE body pretty well, so I swapped 2 of the heads around.

The socket is smaller on the Netflix head, so it needs to be hollowed out a bit to fit the new ball peg for the head.

Beast Man and his crew.
The NE Beast Man head needs some blu-tac or hot glue in the socket to fit the Netflix ball peg, but it works.
Man, now I wish I'd bought more of them when my sisinlaw found them on sale! That last pic is so freakin' sweet!

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”