Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:33 pm

Anybody seen Beast-Man on the east coast? I've got to run some errands and could make an excuse to go to Target a few times this week and would love to scoop one up.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:21 pm

docsilence wrote:
Anybody seen Beast-Man on the east coast? I've got to run some errands and could make an excuse to go to Target a few times this week and would love to scoop one up.
Beast Man is pretty common here in north Jersey. I picked mine up a couple weeks ago and have even seen restocks since then.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:49 pm

Thanks. Just did a quick run for other stuff and popped into the nearest target - lots of MOTU stuff, even the NE He-Man and Skeletor, but no Beast-Man yet. But they seem to be adding stuff more regularly than other lines which is cool.
Valo487
CROM!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 4:17 pm

docsilence wrote:
I saw him yesterday in Norfolk VA, they had a several, he must ship in a case by himself.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:12 pm

Apparently there's a running change/color variation that's available. Beast Man's torso seems to be a darker, dirtier color than his limbs. In the new version, the colors match. Not sure how easy it would be to spot in package though.
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:13 pm

I see Beast Man quite a bit at Targets here in MD, so he is hitting the Eastern sea board.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Jul 04, 2022 4:03 pm

docsilence wrote:Anybody seen Beast-Man on the east coast? I've got to run some errands and could make an excuse to go to Target a few times this week and would love to scoop one up.
I found him a while back in Mass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jul 04, 2022 11:40 pm

NORM wrote:
Sun Jul 03, 2022 5:12 pm
Apparently there's a running change/color variation that's available. Beast Man's torso seems to be a darker, dirtier color than his limbs. In the new version, the colors match. Not sure how easy it would be to spot in package though.
I saw this being reported as well. it seems like with that big, furry New Eternia armor on in the packaging, there would be no way you could tell.

I guess the good thing is, with either armor on, you can't really see or tell what his upper torsos color/shading is. The only way it would be a problem is if you display him without armor. But still, I would like to get one with the correct, brighter orange paint to match his limbs and head.

But we may be buying blind.
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:43 pm

This is the one I got at Target in CT last week. Need to look at it again. Didn't notice the torso color.

The Gill-Man
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:23 pm

Mr_Saver wrote:
Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:55 am

Overall it’s a good figure, it’s a decent enough stand in for a modernized version or classic beast man… all mine stay in classic mode really.
I do the same, though I've given some of the more modern things to other figures to give them different looks. Gave my NE Skeletor the classic head that he came with, but the bearded one I put onto the Revelation Skelly's body to create a sort of spin on Demo-Man. Did the same with the Viking looking helmet on He-Man. as I'm doing a sort of "Masters of the Multiverse" type of display there.

As for Beast Man, I have him in total classic mode. I gave the club to the Revelations version, to have him be an older warrior of his tribe, while NE is the classic henchman of Skeletor. His furry harness I'm saving for a non-MOTU custom I have in the works. The headdress thing went straight into the fodder bin!
Aggro Ninja
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:27 pm

FlexionDynamo wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:43 pm
This is the one I got at Target in CT last week. Need to look at it again. Didn't notice the torso color.

Hello fellow Connecticut resident. I got Beast Man two or three weeks ago and I noticed his torso was a significantly different color than his arms and legs when I swapped the chest pieces. I'm curious whether you got one of the newer ones. Not that I'm gonna return mine over the torso coloring; with the chest pieces on it's not too noticeable.
The Gill-Man wrote:
Tue Jul 05, 2022 5:23 pm
As for Beast Man, I have him in total classic mode. I gave the club to the Revelations version, to have him be an older warrior of his tribe, while NE is the classic henchman of Skeletor. His furry harness I'm saving for a non-MOTU custom I have in the works. The headdress thing went straight into the fodder bin!
I display mine with the classic chest harness, but kept the extra leg and arm armor. I also felt like that spiked club was a far more effective weapon than the whip so I left him armed with that.

But now that I'm thinking about it, I might display him dual wielding - the whip in the off hand to catch limbs and drag enemies in close, and then thwack them with the club in his main hand.
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:39 pm

I'm going to swap the fur and club to the first beast man and make him a Beast Shaman. Might grab more if they drop to $10 for Generic Beast Warriors.

I'll check the torso tonight in regulars light,
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:22 pm

I was just in Target this afternoon, and you can definitely see in package whether or not the torso is the older mis-colored one or the new corrected one. I spotted three Beast Men, and all three were the old torso. You can see his torso exposed below the fur at the ribs.
FlexionDynamo
CROM!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:30 pm

I definitely have the lighter torso.

Also forgot about the big spikey hair on the Revelations Beastman so the fir doesn't fit great. Still thinking I'll get 1 or 2 more for warriors and try to find a color matched Beastman, and swap this one to a the Furry version.
dchimpy
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Wed Jul 06, 2022 4:44 pm

Sorry if this has been covered already, but is this Beast Man a Target exclusive?

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”

Recent Topics