Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:49 am

I'm...glad I have no interest in Wun-Dar, but I feel for those that missed out.

I wanted Kol Darr but work flat out prevented me from getting one.
Valo487
CROM!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:16 am

They can keep their ten dollar code and I’ll throw in ten more actual dollars to slap whoever they have running this clown show.
WildBill
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:20 am

There are more important things in the world for sure, but got the cancelation notice and, well, chainsaw enemas all around!
LaserLips
I wish I had super powers

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:39 am

TheNewbie wrote:
Sat Jun 25, 2022 2:06 am
Welp, that second wind of availability resulted in a CANCELLATION of my order due to "not have enough stock to fulfill it". They gave me a coupon code for $10 off a future MOTU Mattel Creations order. We'll see if I ever am lucky enough to even use this in the future. :(
Same for me.

I replied with an email. Reissue Wun-dar, or their coupon is worse than useless.
MollyMillions
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 3:55 am

docsilence wrote:
Fri Jun 24, 2022 5:26 pm
One complaint: Seriously, Mattel, don't bother sending out the marketing email at 12:20 EST if you sell out at 12:01 EST. Don't rub it in!
Mezco does that as well, and I laugh every time.
ODBJBG
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 5:20 am

Everyone who ordered second round got canceled. What a clown show.
anthonywayne
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:35 pm

It's interesting that Mattel has learned nothing in the last 20 years...
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:33 pm

anthonywayne wrote:
Unlike children, Mattel the corporation can't learn.
Visionary
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:38 pm

anthonywayne wrote:
NOT A DAMN THING!

I swear people can’t be this incompetent so it must be purposely done.

I don’t care if they sell thru,it’s things like this that turn fans off and make them move on.
mikeysee
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Jun 27, 2022 4:38 pm

Moving on from the Wun-dar cluster, I was able to order Pig-Head from Target early Sunday morning and he's already shipped. Should be here Thursday! I didn't think he was even available yet.
featofstrength
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:24 pm

Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out about your recent order. We apologize for the confusion that we have inadvertently sent out the said email communication. Rest assured, your order is confirmed and the Masters of the Universe Origins Wun-Dar Figure has a back-ordered date of July 15, 2022. Please note this date is an estimate and your item may ship on or before this date. You will receive a shipping notification once the item ships out. If the shipment is delayed beyond the backorder date, we will send you a separate notification

Best Wishes,
Alex C.
Mattel Consumer Services
Lasastard
Runs Around in Tights

Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:23 am

I mean, I know why they do these exclusive releases....but then again, why?!

I find it hard to believe that it makes financial sense for the them to alienate their customers/long-time fans only to appeal to those few that get a kick out of owning something that was artifically made scarce. Wun-dar is not even using any special tooling, it's literally all parts that are already in circulation. Mind-boggling...
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:06 pm

Lasastard wrote:
Tue Jun 28, 2022 11:23 am
I mean, I know why they do these exclusive releases....but then again, why?!

I find it hard to believe that it makes financial sense for the them to alienate their customers/long-time fans only to appeal to those few that get a kick out of owning something that was artifically made scarce. Wun-dar is not even using any special tooling, it's literally all parts that are already in circulation. Mind-boggling...
It's a psychological strategy to prolong their ability to even sell exclusives. If exclusives are not exclusives and everyone can get one then no one will want to get it. By creating artificial scarcity it ensures that they will always be able to move extra products, especially easy repaints like Wun-Dar that cost them almost nothing to make.
chaosMonkeyPoo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:08 pm

It's been a while since I actually picked up an Origins figure but I finally got my hands on Anti-Eternia He-Man today. While its pretty much exactly what we've seen before as a figure I did notice the packaging has been updated a bit (either recently or starting with this wave). Before they bagged the accessories and taped them behind the figure tray but now theres space molded for them within the tray itself that kind of displays the weapons more dramatically and more in line with what we saw in the the Classics line. Its a small thing but as someone who occasionally picks up a figure to keep MOC its an notable improvement in my opinion and for the kids unfamiliar with the brand it does a much better job of giving them an idea what they are getting with the figure.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jun 28, 2022 10:49 pm

featofstrength wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:24 pm
Hi ,

Thank you for reaching out about your recent order. We apologize for the confusion that we have inadvertently sent out the said email communication. Rest assured, your order is confirmed and the Masters of the Universe Origins Wun-Dar Figure has a back-ordered date of July 15, 2022. Please note this date is an estimate and your item may ship on or before this date. You will receive a shipping notification once the item ships out. If the shipment is delayed beyond the backorder date, we will send you a separate notification

Best Wishes,
Alex C.
Mattel Consumer Services
Thanks for posting this. I never got any kind of response, but it's nice to know the e-mails they sent out were a mistake. When you contacted them, did you just do it by clicking the link to customer service that was in the e-mail most of us received?

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”