Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masterverse: 7” He-Man line

Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 am

Oh awesome, I saw that and assumed it was King Grayskull. Thanks!!
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:32 am

Just grabbed a Tri-Klops off the shelf in Portland, OR.

Im starting a move in two days so super happy to find him now while picking up some stuff for the move!!
supreme-d
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:18 am

NORM wrote:
Fri Jan 14, 2022 12:41 am
Tri-Klops is ok. The figure itself has no surprises if you have any of the previous male figures. The hips seem to function a little better. His eye rotates but stops in position once each eye is looking forward. And I say "eye" lightly, because they're barely sculpted. They have a sculpt, but it's flat. Not like the vintage figure or any other version where the eye is sculpted in the 3D form of an eye. This is more robotic, more geometric, and I don't like it.

Then there's the cult leader parts. The shoulder armor should slip on if you remove the head first. Actually, there's a separate cloth part that goes on before the armor. Then the armor has a belt attached that holds it all in place, with an attached cloth cape that can sit independently from the belt or tucked in the belt. The head is completely stationary. The eye DOES NOT rotate, so based on that, I will never ever use these parts. Tri-Klops was a favorite of mine as a kid, and it's because of his eye gimmick. Take that away, and he's way less interesting. He will stay in his classic-ish look.

Admittedly, I haven't watched the show yet. Is the stationary eye part of his character development? I read his bio blurb on the package, and I guess it could be related to giving into technology and embracing machinery. But it just seems dumb and not fun.
I think yours is just stuck. Ive seen pics online where different eyes are shown facing forward.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:48 pm

I didn't even think that it being stuck would be the simple answer. Either way, I'm still never using it.
VADtoys
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:15 pm

Resculpted Skeletor's head if anyone is interested. I really enjoyed Revelation and I really like these figures, I just wish I wasn't terrified of snapping the hips everything I moved the legs.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D3lX7QVywc
TENIME_art
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:26 pm

Shock oil, my friend.

Nice resculpt!
mistavez
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:57 am

Found revelations triklops here in Phoenix. Missed out on ever seeing the origins version at retail.
Can’t wait for trap jaw
FlexionDynamo
IT'S CLOBBERIN TIME!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:22 pm

Just picked up Tri-klops today. Most of the Targets are getting them but they are held in the back as they do their transition.

Some don't have locations assigned so they are sitting on pallets, behind pallets, next to pallets. A nice employee went to look for me and found him.

Cheers.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 18, 2022 8:54 pm

Savage He-Man and Orko also trickling out, but I can’t seem to find a DPCI or TCIN for them.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:02 am

Roufuss wrote:
Savage He-Man and Orko also trickling out, but I can’t seem to find a DPCI or TCIN for them.
https://www.target.com/p/masters-of-the ... nk=sametab

087-16-9299
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:28 am

mrboshek wrote:
Roufuss wrote:

087-16-9299
Awesome, thank you! Popfindr says none in the area yet.
mistavez
Everloving Blue Eyed Thing

Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:08 pm

Roufuss wrote:
mrboshek wrote:
Roufuss wrote:

087-16-9299
Does popfindr still work?
I got this error when searching
ERROR STOCK HIDDEN BY target
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:39 pm

mistavez wrote:
Wed Jan 19, 2022 7:08 pm
Roufuss wrote:
mrboshek wrote:

087-16-9299
Does popfindr still work?
I got this error when searching
ERROR STOCK HIDDEN BY target
The TCIN (second number) works on Popfindr for me! It’s how I managed to score Tri-Klops.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Jan 19, 2022 11:21 pm

So, how do you all think Mattel will handle the Masterverse He-Man that is based on the Netflix CGI He-Man and the Masters of the Universe show?

We know figures from this iteration of MOTU is coming to the Masterverse line from the packaging samples shown at Power Con 2021 (where they showed Revelations, New Eternia, Princess of Power, and He-Man and the Masters of the Universe from Netflix)

I'd say He-Man will have to be the first figure from this show released, and I really wonder what it will look like. Do you think it will be a 7" figure, but have the tiny/smaller legs, huge body and arms, and little head that the CGI show has? Basically a 7" Masterverse figure that looks like the 5" kids' line figure for the CGI Netflix show?

Or, since Masterverse is more adult collector driven, do you think the He-Man figure will have a more basic body like the Revelations He-Man for instance, but then have the armor, colors, and weapons from the CGI show. A less over dramatic cartoony look, as if they made a MOTU Classics of the CGI Netflix He-Man?
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Thu Jan 20, 2022 1:24 am

Super Camel wrote: I'd say He-Man will have to be the first figure from this show released, and I really wonder what it will look like. Do you think it will be a 7" figure, but have the tiny/smaller legs, huge body and arms, and little head that the CGI show has? Basically a 7" Masterverse figure that looks like the 5" kids' line figure for the CGI Netflix show?
If I had to guess... I expect it would be -proportionally- the same as the other Masterverse figures with the overall design and colors being more or less accurate to the show. I expect we'll see some new tooling with him, but I also expect that tooling to like 'right' alongside other Masterverse figures. So no gigantic upper body and biceps the size of his torso or anything like that.

My son is really excited about the possibility of there being Masterverse figures for the show. He really enjoyed the cartoon, but he HATES the accompanying figures so much.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”