Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
canprime
Runs Around in Tights
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Thu Dec 09, 2021 11:19 am

Dormammu wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:01 am
Any Canadians have ideas on where we can find Wave 6 and Mosquitor? I know some small online shops had a few, but they seemed to have sold out very fast by the time I got the bug for this line.

The wave itself never showed in big stores nation-wide, correct?

Stinkor and Goddess are at CMDstore.ca; I'd like em both. I don't want LOP Beast. I especially want Webstor and Mosquitor. Before I bite the bullet with Big Bad, just thought I'd ask for North Fwooshian wisdom.
It's hard to say. Personally I am waiting to see if they get wide release.

Walmart.ca has most of what you are looking for listed, but not in stock yet. They were posted a month or two ago, but never have been in stock. So I am taking that to mean they are getting stock, but with all the problems this year I won't be surprised if we don't see anything until the new year.

If you have to have them now, then go with whoever has them in stock. Just accept that you'll pay more for the service.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:23 pm

BBTS has the Secrets of Grayskull pack in stock.

For $120.

4 times Mattel's price. A hair under 2.5 times what they were listing it at for pre-order ($50) up until the point the "pre-order sold out" as their site put it. Sold out, huh...

BBTS, ladies and gentlemen.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:55 pm

I like BBTS, they're pretty much my go-to online retailer... but I'm definitely not a fan of this practice they do. I saw it recently with the Mezco Conan too, they pumped him from $90 up to $200 when stock hit. I would like the have the secrets set, but not for almost twice what I paid for the castle itself lol

I did grab a Masterverse Scareglow from them though, they have the entire wave 3 in stock right now as well.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:08 am

I have the set. I like the set. Take it from someone that owns it -- it is NOT worth 200 dollars. It's only barely worth Mattel's price, let alone BBTS's gross up-charge.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:28 am

That sounds about right to me, the set looks to worth about a "deluxe" figure price. I was planning on using my castle as more of a back ground display anyway, so I suppose it doesn't make much difference to spruce up the inside.

I haven't even opened that thing yet. The box art is so damn cool, I've just been enjoying that on a shelf for the time being.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:40 am

I don't mean this as a shot against it, because I think this fits with the overall line, but I'd say the set has a lot less display value than it does play value. It's a fun set, and I've enjoyed it with my son quite a bit. But you've got two 'inside' pieces and one 'outside' piece, so it's not like you can display all of it in/on the actual castle unless you own two castles or have like.. a Lazy Susan display.

And the piece I was most excited about, and you're most likely to use when displaying the castle, is probably the worst piece in the set. The spirit is a great idea, but could have been implemented better. It's too muddled and dark looking. So if you're wanting the set more for that than for the other parts because you're mostly displaying your castle closed up, then you're really not missing much. Unfortunately.
Reefer Shark
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 12:49 am

Ahhh I was under the impression that you could "butterfly" it all the way open. So you can only open it up to a 90 degree angle, that definitely changes my plans!

And yeah, the secrets set is definitely not a high priority for me - really would just want the armor set more than anything else of course.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Dec 10, 2021 1:44 am

Still waiting for the Grayskull accessory set to ship from Mattel Creations.

I got my Faker/Duplicat more than a month ago now. Definitely testing my patience, even though I know if was a later date for availability than Faker.

Also still waiting for the Royal Guards from BBTS, but again I knew it would be a wait.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:57 am

canprime wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
Any Canadians have ideas on where we can find Wave 6 and Mosquitor? ...

Walmart.ca has most of what you are looking for listed, but not in stock yet. They were posted a month or two ago, but never have been in stock. So I am taking that to mean they are getting stock, but with all the problems this year I won't be surprised if we don't see anything until the new year.

If you have to have them now, then go with whoever has them in stock. Just accept that you'll pay more for the service.
Thanks for the tip. I looked them up at Walmart.ca. Webstor is no stock @ $14.97. Stinkor and Goddess are listed at very high CMDStore prices. For them it says the following, which could mean anything:
Inventory at our Walmart price has sold out, check out the offers from our third-party sellers, while quantities last!
Basically that msg could be a placeholder thing to really mean: We never got these, but our affiliate is selling them, so check it out. Dunno if we're getting them.

I guess the conundrum is - Should I wait and see? But if they don't show, it's likely that all smaller online stores will sell out. Most already have. Hmmmm.

Any other Canadian sightings or thoughts?
SmokeyBonez
I wish I had super powers

Fri Dec 10, 2021 3:59 am

Dormammu wrote:
canprime wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

Thanks for the tip. I looked them up at Walmart.ca. Webstor is no stock @ $14.97. Stinkor and Goddess are listed at very high CMDStore prices. For them it says the following, which could mean anything:
Inventory at our Walmart price has sold out, check out the offers from our third-party sellers, while quantities last!
Basically that msg could be a placeholder thing to really mean: We never got these, but our affiliate is selling them, so check it out. Dunno if we're getting them.

I guess the conundrum is - Should I wait and see? But if they don't show, it's likely that all smaller online stores will sell out. Most already have. Hmmmm.

No sightings for me in Alberta, except AmazonCA, but I will offer some musing and rambling. I haven't been haunting any smaller stores. Wish I knew of some smaller shops they are probably around ...EB games did do decent with wave 5 earlier on but thats literally everwhere now, I havent been there since summer so cant say much more than that.

I had thought when some of wave 6 appeared on amazon that we would see them in stores in the near future, I was wrong and eventually broke down got goddess from amazon.

I thought that Crappy Tire was getting BuzzSaw Hordak and Walmart Mosquitor. Seen and got the Hordak but not Mosquitor. I am the wait and see type too, until I feel like I have waited enough. I now have Stinkor in my PoL.

I dont expect to see any new waves in big stores until the new year. Distribution has been hurting this year, again. Definately has not been easy to collect the line but I managed to do pretty well although I did pay a premium for some of my "most wanted" items....
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Fri Dec 10, 2021 11:02 am

SmokeyBonez wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
canprime wrote:

No sightings for me in Alberta, except AmazonCA, but I will offer some musing and rambling. I haven't been haunting any smaller stores. Wish I knew of some smaller shops they are probably around ...EB games did do decent with wave 5 earlier on but thats literally everwhere now, I havent been there since summer so cant say much more than that.

I had thought when some of wave 6 appeared on amazon that we would see them in stores in the near future, I was wrong and eventually broke down got goddess from amazon.

I thought that Crappy Tire was getting BuzzSaw Hordak and Walmart Mosquitor. Seen and got the Hordak but not Mosquitor. I am the wait and see type too, until I feel like I have waited enough. I now have Stinkor in my PoL.

I dont expect to see any new waves in big stores until the new year. Distribution has been hurting this year, again. Definately has not been easy to collect the line but I managed to do pretty well although I did pay a premium for some of my "most wanted" items....
Dormammu wrote:
canprime wrote:
Dormammu wrote:

You guys can also check out Canadian online shops as well for MOTU:O figures. Now most of them are charging $23 and up for the basic figures, but they are either in stock, or still in preorder (dates vary from QTR4/21-QTR1/22). That gives me hope that there is still stock to come at all retailers, so I am still going to wait and see.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:34 pm

I've seen no sign of the Buzz-Off/Sorceress wave yet. I keep seeing remnants of the previous wave, a Webstor here, a Goddess there, a Beast Man around. I do have them POed at BBTS. But I also thought BBTS got in their Palace Guards, and I have had no update on them either.
Meauxses
CROM!

Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:13 pm

Nothing happens when I pump the button on the back of my Mosquitor. No sign of any movement in the chest compartment. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DutyBeforeAll
Runs Around in Tights

Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:02 pm

Meauxses wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:13 pm
Nothing happens when I pump the button on the back of my Mosquitor. No sign of any movement in the chest compartment. Anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sometimes the fluid thickens up, just keep pumping for a while and it seems to loosen up.

Otherwise, dunk it I’m warm water for a little bit maybe?
nilocomic
Super Poseable

Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:58 pm

Webstor and Stinkor are in stock at Walmart right now @ $14.99 sold by Walmart.

Masters Of The Universe Origins Webstor Action Figure https://www.walmart.com/ip/841422017

Masters Of The Universe Origins Stinkor Action Figure, 5.5-In Battle Character https://www.walmart.com/ip/412860917

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”

Recent Topics