Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:17 am

docsilence wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:57 am
If you're even remotely on the fence about the castle... man, I gotta say nothing has made me happier as a toy in the past year or two than pulling that out of the box. That thing is so much toy nostalgia it is almost magical. I legit got a little emotional putting it together because it so perfectly recreates one of my favorite things from childhood.

I keep going back to that one wave I never found, and I swear if I end up paying double for Roboto or Zodak because I run out of patience I'm gonna be so mad at myself...
I'll keep you in mind if I see them. It wasn't -too- long ago that I was still able to reliable find those two locally. The weak Canadian dollar should help balance out the cost of having them shipped.

Totally agree about Grayskull. Something truly special about opening that one up. But I feel that way about most of this line so far.
And man, oh man, do I need that Stridor. Something I'm just really loving about this line is that, despite that it's a less expensive line that obviously doesn't get the funding for crazy paint apps and all that kind of stuff - it never feels like Mattel is cheaping out on these. They're really putting the effort into making them worth having and not just cheap appeals to your nostalgia.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:18 am

docsilence wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 3:57 am
If you're even remotely on the fence about the castle... man, I gotta say nothing has made me happier as a toy in the past year or two than pulling that out of the box. That thing is so much toy nostalgia it is almost magical. I legit got a little emotional putting it together because it so perfectly recreates one of my favorite things from childhood.

I keep going back to that one wave I never found, and I swear if I end up paying double for Roboto or Zodak because I run out of patience I'm gonna be so mad at myself...
Agree 100% on Grayskull. I'm normally pretty chill on opening new toys and don't often rip into them right away, but I was counting the seconds on that one. It was delivered while I was working and it was excruciating waiting for the day to end to open that thing up. Just absolutely love it. I don't have a ton of space, either, but it's not that bad when it's folded up. I think I go into the toy room at least once a day to just look at that thing and smile to see it surrounded by various Origins figures. Buzz-Off is currently manning the tower with the flag.

Also, I'm quasi-ashamed to say that I gave in and bought a Zodak for double retail. I know it's horrible and at one point, I swore I would never do it, but Zodak was the only original 8-back figure I didn't have as a kid and has always been kind of "exotic" to me. I'm sure they'll re-release some version of him later, but I had to have the vintage-inspired one with the clawed hands and feet. The only figure I don't have from that wave now is She-Ra, and I'm pretty sure she'll get re-released some how. I typically will always chose a vintage toy design over a cartoon look, but I kinda want a She-Ra that leans more towards the cartoon. Maybe they can do a deluxe "Starburst" She-Ra or something that's packaged with an alternate head with a Filmation-inspired tiara.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 9:02 am

Falling Downer wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:18 am

Also, I'm quasi-ashamed to say that I gave in and bought a Zodak for double retail. I know it's horrible and at one point, I swore I would never do it, but Zodak was the only original 8-back figure I didn't have as a kid and has always been kind of "exotic" to me. I'm sure they'll re-release some version of him later, but I had to have the vintage-inspired one with the clawed hands and feet. The only figure I don't have from that wave now is She-Ra, and I'm pretty sure she'll get re-released some how. I typically will always chose a vintage toy design over a cartoon look, but I kinda want a She-Ra that leans more towards the cartoon. Maybe they can do a deluxe "Starburst" She-Ra or something that's packaged with an alternate head with a Filmation-inspired tiara.
Y'know, if it weren't the whole wave, I'd pay double for Zodak right now. I'm looking for him, Roboto, and She-Ra myself, only three I haven't been able to find that I want, and after a few months of searching... might be worth it now. (I say this as someone who paid like five bucks over retail for Orko after months of searching though and then found him the *day after he arrived by mail* at retail, so I know I'll jinx myself.

Zodak was the first figure I remember owning, even before He-Man himself, so he's a must-have. Roboto's just fun, and I never had the old She-Ra so I'd like to add her as well, and I mean at that point, why not buy the whole wave somewhere...
KnightDamien

Sat Dec 04, 2021 5:23 pm

With all this talk of paying double for certain figures -- I'm wondering if I'm misremembering this; Didn't Mattel confirm that older waves would get re-issued via Mattel Creations starting next year?
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 6:18 pm

Guys, it’s Zodac with a “C”, not a “K”. :)
mprincem
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Dec 04, 2021 7:52 pm

For those that have the Origin Castle and the Classics castle do you see any reason to get the origins one of you have the classics version already?
copperthedog
I wish I had super powers

Sat Dec 04, 2021 10:30 pm

This morning I found several cases of wave 7 on an endcap at Target today and I picked up the Buzz-Off I was still looking for. Also, at Wal-Mart while doing some grocery shopping I saw two flocked Panthors. I haven't seen the cat since he was first found on the shelves and purchased by me months ago. Hopefully some fan young or old will have a fuzzy cat to open for the holidays.
KnightDamien

Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:52 pm

mprincem wrote:
For those that have the Origin Castle and the Classics castle do you see any reason to get the origins one of you have the classics version already?
I have both, and I guess it just depends on what you want. They're completely different. Do you want a castle for your Origins figures? If yes, then yes, it's worth buying. If you don't want a castle for your Origins figures, it wouldn't be worth it even if you didn't have the Classics one. So I'm not sure what one really has to do with the other.
SuperWeirdo
Faster than a speeding bullet

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:13 am

mprincem wrote:
I have the Classics and Origins castles and love them both. The Classics castle is a masterpiece and is the ultimate Grayskull, but the Origins castle is a better fit for the Origins figures (for example the throne size). The Origins castle also nails the nostalgia of the original 80’s Grayskull perfectly. And it’s easier to carry around and takes up a lot less space; it has its advantages and its own charm. In my opinion it’s definitely worth purchasing the Origins castle even if you own the superior Classics Grayskull. Just lower your expectations, it’s much more of a toy. If you like the way it looks, buy it.
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:43 am

Jase wrote:
Y'know, I never, ever remember which one is the original 80s spelling and which one is the quirky redesign that became a separate character. I love MOTU but man, the lore makes me wonder what was in the drinking water when they made all this up...

https://he-man.fandom.com/wiki/Zodak
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sun Dec 05, 2021 7:02 am

Jase wrote:
I am legitimately embarrassed that I did that.

I have no excuses other than I haven't been getting much sleep lately, and I've been pouring all over Pixel Dan's "Toys of the Masters of the Universe" book, randomly wondering if they'll do the 200x Zodak in this line as a variant to the proper 80s Zodac. If they do He-Ro (which I really hope they do), they can use those trunks and boot pieces to do a Zodak just like they did in Classics.

That book is just reminding how much vintage stuff I still want in this line as well as some of the stuff that they managed to do in Classics, like He-Ro and Eldor, the Skelcons, and the Shadow Beast. I wish we'd get some new reveals soon. If that 200x Skeletor leak is true, that could open the door for a bunch of other stuff. What I would not give for an Origins Chief Carnivus.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:38 pm

Unless I cave and get LoP Beast Man, I am officially caught up on Origins as of this moment.
Saw Amazon had the Land Shark on sale for $23.09, so I finally bit the bullet.

Also went to Target on my lunch break, and they had two full pegs of deluxe figures, including 3 Mosquitors. They all had pretty decent paint apps. Grabbed one and left the rest. First time I've ever seen Ram Man and Clamp Champ in the wild. $21.99 each.
Jase
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 12:07 am

Falling Downer wrote:
Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:38 pm
Unless I cave and get LoP Beast Man, I am officially caught up on Origins as of this moment.
Saw Amazon had the Land Shark on sale for $23.09, so I finally bit the bullet.

Also went to Target on my lunch break, and they had two full pegs of deluxe figures, including 3 Mosquitors. They all had pretty decent paint apps. Grabbed one and left the rest. First time I've ever seen Ram Man and Clamp Champ in the wild. $21.99 each.
Amazon is matching the 30% off sale that Target is having. I already bought the Land Shark back when it was full price but the sale has me tempted to buy a second one. Not sure where the heck I’d put it though! :lol:
docsilence
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Dec 07, 2021 2:15 am

I swore I wouldn't get any more vehicles (got the skysled with Adam) but if I can get the land shark or wind raider for 20 bucks or so...

Mounts are not vehicles, though, I'm so getting Stridor, that guy looks RIDICULOUSLY fun.
Dormammu
Mumu of Evil

Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:01 am

Any Canadians have ideas on where we can find Wave 6 and Mosquitor? I know some small online shops had a few, but they seemed to have sold out very fast by the time I got the bug for this line.

The wave itself never showed in big stores nation-wide, correct?

Stinkor and Goddess are at CMDstore.ca; I'd like em both. I don't want LOP Beast. I especially want Webstor and Mosquitor. Before I bite the bullet with Big Bad, just thought I'd ask for North Fwooshian wisdom.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”