Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:42 am

Jase wrote:The Eternian Palace Guard set is showing up at Big Lots for $20. Ordered for store pick-up today and it was a success!

What. This is the most random find ever.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:26 am

Jase wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:24 am
The Eternian Palace Guard set is showing up at Big Lots for $20. Ordered for store pick-up today and it was a success!

Origins Eternian Palace Guard, at Big Lots? But.........why? Screw it, I will go have a look tomorrow.
mattmurdog
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:09 am

Looks like the Mattel Creation Power Con exclusives are shipping. Got a shipping label for my Grayskull Accessory
mikeysee
Customized

Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:59 pm

Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:
Jase wrote:The Eternian Palace Guard set is showing up at Big Lots for $20. Ordered for store pick-up today and it was a success!

I dunno, I think Classics showing up there for $15 apiece was pretty darn wild. In fact, if it wasn't for that cheap entry point I would have never gotten into the line!

Great find, but there aren't any Big Lots around here. Oh well, I still think I can live without this figure.
canprime
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Oct 21, 2021 8:31 pm

mikeysee wrote:
Cloak-n-Dagger wrote:

I dunno, I think Classics showing up there for $15 apiece was pretty darn wild. In fact, if it wasn't for that cheap entry point I would have never gotten into the line!

Great find, but there aren't any Big Lots around here. Oh well, I still think I can live without this figure.
*Picture a spinning hypno wheel in the background*

You will buy the Palace Guard.....you cannot live without the Palace Guard....your collection will never be complete without the Palace Guard...... :drool:

This is a fan channel release, but no one in Canada has picked it up. I was hoping I could cancel my preorder with BBTS due to exchange, and shipping, but it looks like I might have to just bite the bullet. I still have a couple months for someone to try and pick this up for Canada. Either way I am loving what Mattel is doing with this line.
mrboshek
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:02 pm

Neitlich released a YouTube video "why is big lots selling an online exclusive Motuo figure". I haven't watched the video, but I want to point out Big Lots is also selling Mattel WWE Royal Rumble figures, which were thought to be Target exclusives. They were sold on Ringside Collectibles and are now being sold at Big Lots. Is he implying this is limited to Masters? I'm beginning to think Scott is a douche bag :lol:
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:33 pm

mikeysee wrote:

It was even better than that - Classics were only $10 each at Big Lots - even the Mo-Larr 2-pack. I bought SO many extras for custom fodder during that sale. I wish I had bought even more back then honestly.

As big a surprise as finding the Palace Guard at Big Lots is that he's basically the same price he would be elsewhere.
Ash Talon
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 12:55 am

Big Lots never seems marked down for toys. From what I’ve seen, they’re essentially full price.

Perhaps Mattel had to minimum amount they needed to make. BBTS and EE didn’t quite hit that number but we’re close. Mattel did the run anyway and sold the remainder off to Big Lots. Mattel does seem to have a relationship with Big Lots so maybe it was easy to get Big Lots to carry this extra portion of Eternian Guards.
m.arndt
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:55 am

mrboshek wrote:
I'm beginning to think Scott is a douche bag :lol:
Only beginning to? :lol:
SalemCrow
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 4:03 am

mrboshek wrote:
Neitlich released a YouTube video "why is big lots selling an online exclusive Motuo figure". I haven't watched the video, but I want to point out Big Lots is also selling Mattel WWE Royal Rumble figures, which were thought to be Target exclusives. They were sold on Ringside Collectibles and are now being sold at Big Lots. Is he implying this is limited to Masters? I'm beginning to think Scott is a douche bag :lol:
Online exclusive?

My LCS had an entire DISPLAY of JUST the guard figures (5 pegs across, 6 pegs high and 5 deep).
They do order some stuff direct from Mattel, so it's possible it's stock the online retailers didn't buy like Ash Talon guessed.
Falling Downer
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 6:17 am

m.arndt wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:55 am
mrboshek wrote:
I'm beginning to think Scott is a douche bag :lol:
Only beginning to? :lol:
Haha...I thought the same thing.

It seems like the main theme of Scott's videos now are doom and gloom about anything new with MOTU, be it Origins, Masterverse, whatever. Like he just cannot stand this franchise having any kind of success without his involvement. I was never a vocal critic of Scott during MOTUC, but his Youtube channel has offered indisputable proof to me about what a self-obsessed piece of garbage he really is.

I have a Big Lots not too far from me, but the last time I was in one, it was an absolute wasteland. Not sure I care enough about saving money/having to wait for my pre-orders from BBTS to actually walk into that place again.
Nebraska
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 8:21 am

Scott cannot release a single video without reminding people he's responsible for MOTUC and/or DCUC.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

m.arndt
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:49 am

For me the most frustrating part about those videos are the amount newbies that are going around saying Origins is doomed because “there’s this Spector Creative guy on YouTube who is so knowledgeable about the industry” saying so.
It’s as if all you have to do is have a YouTube channel, tell people what a super genius you are, and someone will believe you :rolleyes:
Guardianmonkey
Avengers Assemble

Fri Oct 22, 2021 1:03 pm

Scott was easily the worst part of MotUC -- even beating Digital River -- and his continued clinging to the property is disgusting. He's a human barnacle! It's a shame that he's still making himself an unwelcome presence in the He-man toy community.
NORM
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Oct 22, 2021 2:36 pm

m.arndt wrote:
Fri Oct 22, 2021 11:49 am
It’s as if all you have to do is have a YouTube channel, tell people what a super genius you are, and someone will believe you :rolleyes:
This is a bigger problem than just for toys.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”