Masters Of The Universe Origins

I HAVE THE POWER! - Masters of the Universe Classics, MOTU200X, the vintage toys, PoP and yes, even NA - talk about them in here!
Cloak-n-Dagger
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Masters Of The Universe Origins

Mon May 10, 2021 5:13 am

SalemCrow wrote:Is Faker wearing some kind of Eternian sunglasses, or is that just some stupid decision for a paint deco?
Based of the rare Leo variant of Faker from India.
PantherCult
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 7:00 pm

Yup, MOTU canon is basically whatever Mattel says it is - so the inclusion of Duplicat in the Origins line is pretty much as official as it gets.

Personally I love the choice - there have been a number of great Faker Cat customs done throughout the years in the vintage, 200x and Classics. So, very cool to have it join as an official figure.

I am a sucker for the mounts in this line, even if not always for the figures. I have bought 3 Battle Cats and a Panthor so far. One BC is being painted white with Gold Stripes to be Teela's cat. I was thinking of doing one as Faker's cat, but now will not have to with this set. So that one is a must for me. Not sure if I'll keep the figure or not. One of the cats was going to end up being black with red stripes to go with Anti-Eternia He-Man - but given this exclusive, maybe they'll consider that repaint set as a future exclusive down the line.
Roufuss
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon May 10, 2021 8:42 pm

Yea, considering they are leaning so hard on Anti-Eternia in the minis, it’s only a matter of time before we get Anti-Eternia He-Man. Would make a cool set if it was him and his cat.
BrigsbyBear
Runs Around in Tights

Tue May 11, 2021 9:36 pm

Why must the Rise of Evil 2 pack be so dang hard to find.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Tue May 11, 2021 11:08 pm

TNI is showing off official shots of the Wind Raider. Looks pretty good. I'm a little sad that they didn't use this opportunity, with the smaller figures (compared to MOTUC) to actually make a two-seater version.
Cremian
Faster than a speeding bullet

Wed May 12, 2021 12:54 am

I'm quite happy with that. I'm pleasantly surprised that a nice Grayskull themed flight stand is included.
Ibentmyman-thing
Shakespeare of Fwoosh

Wed May 12, 2021 1:29 am

I love this line a lot but I genuinely hate that Ram man's hips aren't articulated. I really thought that was a thing best left in the 80s.
jimbles
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed May 12, 2021 1:57 am

Wind Raider looks good. No real complaints that I can muster, given a probable $30 price point at retail. Not sure if I'll buy one, since I got two Classics Wind Raiders cheap from Gamestop when they were jettisoning their MOTUC. If/when it drops much closer to $20... maybe.
Lasastard
Super Poseable

Wed May 12, 2021 6:22 am

KnightDamien wrote:
Tue May 11, 2021 11:08 pm
TNI is showing off official shots of the Wind Raider. Looks pretty good. I'm a little sad that they didn't use this opportunity, with the smaller figures (compared to MOTUC) to actually make a two-seater version.
https://toynewsi.com/241-39026
NORM
My Thread USED to be Bigger Than Yours

Wed May 12, 2021 1:27 pm

I like how the grappling hook plugs deeper into the body rather than being pegged on top.
Ro-El
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 7:23 pm

I’m about close to dropping this line as I can’t seem to find anything but Hemans and Skellies at retail. It’s not a top priority with me but I would have wanted to continue if possible. I’ll give it until the end of the year to see if distribution improves.
S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 8:14 pm

Everything is available on BBTS. If you're in the US the $4 shipping is cheaper than time/gas. Totally hassel free.
Super Camel
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu May 13, 2021 9:08 pm

Ro-El wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 7:23 pm
I’m about close to dropping this line as I can’t seem to find anything but Hemans and Skellies at retail. It’s not a top priority with me but I would have wanted to continue if possible. I’ll give it until the end of the year to see if distribution improves.
I just recently dropped it. For several reasons. The main one being I have the entire, complete, MOTU Classics Collection. And while these are fun, and nice looking figures, the Classics set is superior. And with these now costing $15 each, It just feels like I'm wasting money on a lesser version of something I already have, when that money could be going elsewhere.

Another reason is like you said, it's impossible to find anything but He-Man and Skeletor. I have been pre ordering from BBTS, but a lot of stuff that has already come out, they still haven't shipped. But, at least you can get the products from them and EE.

But it sucks not being able to find stuff at retail. but that's just the world we live in now for all toy lines.

I also HATE Target exclusives, and trying to track down the Keldor set is ridiculous. And I'd buy it off Ebay, but it almost feels to annoying to do. Everyone just scalps every Target exclusive, and you hate to reward it.

I get it, there is money to be made. But it makes the hobby annoying and frustrating.

I will always keep the MOTU Origins figures I have. But I think I will call it quits.
Reefer Shark
Avengers Assemble

Sat May 15, 2021 6:12 pm

This is the first line that I've taken a casual approach to in a while, and it has been so refreshing. Im finding it so much more enjoyable to just enjoy the ones I find at brick and mortar then to scour online and obsess over the figures I dont have.. And though most figures are pretty scarce, I've actually managed to almost pick up the entire line at Target mainly (though I will admit I've only seen most characters once). Aside from the 2-pack, I think I'm just missing 5 figures or so.

Yeah, I would really love to have an Orko and Scareglow, and the others I've missed. But if they dont cross my path in the wild, I'm just not going to worry about them :)
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits

Sat May 15, 2021 6:16 pm

Reefer Shark wrote: This is the first line that I've taken a casual approach to in a while, and it has been so refreshing. Im finding it so much more enjoyable to just enjoy the ones I find at brick and mortar then to scour online and obsess over the figures I dont have.. And though most figures are pretty scarce, I've actually managed to almost pick up the entire line at Target mainly (though I will admit I've only seen most characters once). Aside from the 2-pack, I think I'm just missing 5 figures or so.

Yeah, I would really love to have an Orko and Scareglow, and the others I've missed. But if they dont cross my path in the wild, I'm just not going to worry about them :)
Agree about the casual approach. The only one I'm a little itchy about not being able to find is Tri-Klops. I never found Scareglow or Orko, and that stings a bit but it doesn't bother me the way holes in my collection usually do. It's just an 'aw, oh well then.' I've also managed to not obsessively collect figures I don't actually want just to have the whole set - which is something I used to be really bad for with MOTU specifically. For a long time I had almost every MOTUC figure when I only even liked half of them.

This line has been really refreshing for me, for the most part. It's also nice having a MOTU line I can leave scattered all over the floor for days at a time because my son loves playing with them and I'm not going to bother putting them all away all the time. There's something kind of magical about having MOTU toys all over the floor again.

Return to “Castle Grayskull: The Unofficial MOTU Toy Board”