Bungie's DESTINY

No, this isn't the place to talk about low riding jeans or butt cream. In the Coin Slot, it's all about video games - PC, console, handheld, and online.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Re: Bungie's DESTINY

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:40 am

Interesting. I get radiant energy over and over. Got an exotic the first time bot not since.
Magnuz
Tyrant
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:06 am

Well be prepared to keep getting more materials the weekly update is up and they are putting in a patch next week that addresses a lot of the raids cheesing tricks and now the exotic and class item drops from the pit chest are going to be from one of the early enemies. It says the pit chest will now just give materials so I'm assuming radiant stuff still which is OK to me I will continue to do it if I can to amass materials for possible future upgrades.

Also iron banner comes back which I'm fine with as well as I've been trying to play some crucible to earn marks to spend the damn commendations I have but I find regular crucible to be pretty boring.

Also upping vog exotic drops to new levels but that makes me wonder what about vex mythoclast if it's gonna be higher or still 323.

I might need to actually try and do the raid this week so i have a chance of beating it before they take out all the cheese tricks and nobody who's playing it knows what to do had that problem once with vog when I got a random group that got to the Templar and none of them knew how to beat him without pushing him off.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:20 pm

So I finally played the new raid. Just found a random group from the boards and they new how to cheese everything. Plowed through the first sections till we got to the death slinger and then got another guy who had a crota cp then cheese him extremely easily.

All in all it was very fast I can see why now they are fixing so much.

I walked out with the raid chest and arms and the machine gun which is fantastic compared to the zero armor pieces I got from the multiple times I played vog.

Also with the shards and energy I've been collecting I decided to swap all my radiant energy to shards from eris and now I have enough to max out the two new armor parts. So next week I will try to play it again see if I can get legs but for now it's been a fantastic day on destiny for me.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:40 pm

So, update: I finally made it to 31, maxed out my weapons, & am currently helping out the Mrs.
I should replace my rocket launcher with a 331 type, but I really like the velocity, active radar & 3 in the pipe. Thorn rules. By far the best weapon I have & SO very fun to use in all content. I'm loving my IB sniper rifle with the explosive head shot & armor piercing ammo. Concealment no longer equals cover. :geek:
My wife is at level 28 & we're working on leveling out her 331 Bad Juju, & replacing/upgrading her gear. We're running the Urn quest & having little issues.

On a more personal note, my family is happy & the baby is 5 weeks old & doing fine. The Mrs. is a little peeved that I play more than she does, but I as tell her, it's ALWAYS only PvP without her, (this game replaced Counter Strike for me), & always at the cost of valuable sleep. I'm really glad she enjoys playing Destiny, & loves being my wingwoman.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:24 pm

Iron banner is back jimbo and his selling 36 light arms and I think there's a chance to get another piece of 36 light armor from playing.

I did the raid again today, took my friend for his first time with a group I put together on the forum
Definitely tougher legit but still manageable though the bridge section was annoying.

BUT I got the raid legs I needed after the bridge so I'm finally set on armor and I'll be able to hit the max level for the first time. The raid chest still works but it just gives materials which is fine I have enough shards to do two upgrades on the legs then next week I'll do the chest and finish them off.

It's nice to finally achieve something.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:25 pm

YES! Iron Banner IS back. NO interest in the armor pieces, they ought to allow us to re-forge THOSE. I won't budge from my hand cannon, sniper rifle, rocket launcher loadout, nuh- uhh. Used the Murmur for the Eris quest & despise fusion rifles even more now, similar to my experience with shot guns on my Thorn bounty. Gonna work my butt off in any "spare" time I have (LOLOL) to try for rank 5.
I want Timur's Lash, & the rank 4 rocket launcher, as it has 3 in the pipe, & kills reduce my grenade recharge. As long as I 'nade first, it sounds like a solid deal. I need the Timur's so I can switch out try Icebreaker, which is almost fully leveled, but pristine. Never fired, & in my stash gathering dust. On the plus side, I'm still deeply in love with Thorn & Efrideet's Spear. I swear, my wife is highly amused with how much the exploding AP head shots make me giggle in crucible.
Akatsuki

Bungie's DESTINY

Wed Jan 14, 2015 5:25 am

Playing Crucible for the first time with my Hunter. Hunters are beasts in PVP! Have stayed with a positive K/D the whole time. Golden Gun is pretty amazing. Level 28 now. My Titan is a 31.

I'm also rocking Thorn as my primary at the moment, instead of my old standard Vision of Confluence.

I still like the Titan grenades more than the Hunter grenades. Flash bang is excellent in PVE against wizards and knights, and lightning grenade is great in Control PVP.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Hunter just has the worst grenades especially using golden gun but I love using golden gun for the throwing knives especially with the double knife perk solar burn distance melee is sweet. It's just a sad fact that hunters are generally overpowered in pvp and pretty much everywhere else and it's why 9 out of 10 people I see or play with are hunters and then warlocks come second but I still love my titan.

Hoping xur sells something good this week I didn't buy anything last week.
Akatsuki

Bungie's DESTINY

Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:44 am

Titans are still my favorite as well. Most versatile class in my view, plus hardest to kill. Hunters are a lot of fun as well, but I have only really played as a Gunsliger. For Warlock, I have only played as a Sunsinger.

Hoping I can get my Hunter to level 30 via Iron Banner.

I bought the Insurmoutable Skulfort helmet for my Titan last week. I may not use it, but he helmet looks cool. I try to collect as much Titan gear as I can.
Akatsuki

Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:10 am

My fully maxed out Thorn is a monster in Iron Banner. That gun is a blast to use. I like the option to switch between great stability and great range. Would be awesome to have both simultaneously, but that might be overpowered.

Got my Hunter to level 29. I'm hoping I can get the Iron Banner gloves. Those should bump me up to level 30.

I wish there was a level 32 Iron Banner helmet. That's what I would need to get my Titan to 32.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Fri Jan 16, 2015 5:15 pm

Xur is selling ice breaker woo. It's a very cool gun and I also got the upgrade for bad juju finally. But alas still no engram which is lame.

I'm gonna be pissed if he still doesn't have engrams next week I'm piling up motes.
Akatsuki

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:53 pm

I am very excited about finally being able to get Icebreaker. I couldn't afford it all those months ago.

I bet having Icebreaker is going to make raids and strikes a lot easier. I would always try to solo weekly heroic strikes, and sniper ammo could be a big obstacle.

But what about all those new exotic helmets? I am a sucker for exotic helmets. I want to collect them even if I won't use them. I keep trying to get exotic Titan helmets even though no helmet is a better fit for my play style than the Armamentarium chest plate.

The Obsidian helmet might be nice for my Warlock. Although I generally roll with a Sunsinger and the helmet helps Voidwalkers more.
Akatsuki

Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:55 pm

How do you like Bad JuJu? I have the bounty now. Currently on the Crucible portion. I have generally heard relatively bad things about Bad JuJu, even post buff.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:38 am

A shot of my Hunter from DestinyDB.

Magnuz
Tyrant

Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:07 am

I don't use bad juju but that's for a few different reasons. I'd relegated it to my warlock till I got into hand cannons with thorn and last word so now nobody is using it. It's biggest flaw is a tiny 15 round magazine and with 3 shot bursts you blow through that quickly. Now it's biggest perk is the string of curses that instantly reloads the weapon after every kill. In low level pve you can basically use the gun almost non stop without reloading because you can kill most things in one burst as long as you lead low and trail to head shots.

However against higher enemies obviously you need more bullets and thusly the small mag comes into play. In the end I have it more to have it and wanted it upgraded so it's up to date. I may start using it again to level but in all honesty I don't care for pulse rifles I tried red death and ended up storing it too. I'm really just using auto rifle with the Titan and hand cannons with the other two.

Return to “The Coin Slot - Video Games”

Recent Topics