Bungie's DESTINY

No, this isn't the place to talk about low riding jeans or butt cream. In the Coin Slot, it's all about video games - PC, console, handheld, and online.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Bungie's DESTINY

Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:02 pm

Well, Mrs YoJimBo & I picked up the expansion last night but with a new born in the house we haven't found much time to log on. Mother in Law's staying over & helping, but we've also got two other adorable kids to see to. So far, I re-set The Last Word, & promptly placed it back in storage, the Thorn, which is now my preferred sidearm, but the re leveling progress seems slower than I'd hoped. I also picked up some vendor gloves & boots, & have to decide which helmet I'd like to earn a commendation for. Xur didn't have the Alpha Lupi chest upgrade this week, & that saddened me.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Mon Dec 15, 2014 2:28 am

Ya I went ahead and upgraded thorn to the new Stat level and started using it with my warlock. I'm fine with thorn but I think that's mostly cause it's got a bigger sight and seems easier to hit targets with and the 9 round mag is good. I got the devil you don't randomly and tried using it and with only 5 rounds and usual hand cannon aiming I just can't stand it.

I also maxed my new chest and exotic helmet so I hit 31. I am still using my iron banner arms and was planning on buying new ones when I can earn fresh marks Tuesday but looks like now I won't have to. Turns out the urn quest from eris ends with her giving you a set of 33 light arms so I went ahead and camped sky watch and killed urzok and then plowed through the final urn mission now I just have to wait for xur.

This whole quest line was not worth the reward of a simple set of arms but I'll take them.

Seeing a lot of people with raid gear as well but every time I see titan gear I'm less enthused. I don't like the looks and as lame as it sounds to say that since the games all about stats not aesthetics I just don't think I'm all that worried about getting any raid gear. I wanna play the raid to experience it but I feel more content at 31 than I did at 29 so I'm not in a rush to try and hit 32.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Dec 15, 2014 5:23 am

Only had enough coins to upgrade one item, and I picked my exotic Armamentarim chest for my Titan. I wanted to upgrade Thorn, Last Word, and Red Death, but not enough coins.

I also bought the Aclyophage Symbiote helmet for my Hunter. And the exotic engram from Xur turned into an upgraded Mask of the Third Man for my Hunter, too. So I will be good to go for Gunslinger and Arcblader.

Titan just hit 30. Not sure if I should use an exotic shard to upgrade Armamentarium completely now or if I should wait in case I want to start the initial upgrade for a weapon on Friday.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Mon Dec 15, 2014 11:50 am

I think you mean exotic shards instead of coins. The upgrades only cost an exotic shard and some glimmer and require having the item equipped. I'd break unnecessary exotic armors and weapons for shards to upgrade stuff you want. I broke no back up plans, my spare suros, and my warlocks old coat to get shards for different stuff.
Akatsuki

Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:36 pm

Or you can buy the shards for 7 coins. I didn't have a chance to play until very late, close to when Xur was leaving, so I didn't plan very well. I bought one exotic shard to upgrade Armamentarium and I bought the Hunter helmet which made me run out of coins.

I realize that I should have handled it differently. Now I broke down the extra Mask of the Third Man helmet. There are some other exotics I might break down, too. But overall, I'd rather buy exotic shards than have to break down exotics.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Dec 15, 2014 10:01 pm

I was lucky & had strange coins saved up, but I'm all out now. Blew all my motes of light too, got the Third Man mask, & the Symbiote one as well, boxed those for "just in case" & I'll level them up later. I love my chest of the alpha lupi, & hope ONE day we'll be allowed to wear more that one exotic. Still wondering if I'll ever wield TLW again, & wondering what IB3.0 will bring, I'm nowhere near ready. Still trying to max out my *new* vendor arms & legs, but I'm short 5 ascendant shards, & helium LOTS of helium. & I need my marks for a new sniper rifle & rocket launcher.All of a sudden, I've got things to do with everything BUT the 1400 sapphire wire I have stocked up.
Akatsuki

Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:44 am

You know you can buy helium now from the Crucible and Vanguard vendors. I love that they made that change.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:16 am

While it can be handy when you level something in the tower and don't have materials I was very disappointed they removed the ability to sell stuff. Selling unwanted materials was a great easy way to get marks and rep when I needed a little extra.
Akatsuki

Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:56 am

Iron Banner is back! Had no idea it was coming back so soon.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:03 am

Ya but alas the armor is only 33 and the same pieces I got last time only difference is all previous rep was wiped so you have to grind back to at least level 4 to buy the two pieces he has and it serves no purpose. I'm waiting for xur to come back so I can finish eris' urn quest and get arms from her and I'm done with my titan.

Played the roc Playlist today because I know there's new legendary ships you can get from it and my friend got one which is the second one I've seen dropped but not for me sadly.

Also did the raid chest trick again and it's still working. All three characters and all I got was materials again except my warlock also got the raid class item which is cool. I'm focusing on my warlock when not on my titan bot using him to level thorn and try to get him some armor to get to 30-31 just dunno if I should grind through eris quest line on him to get the arms from her or just buy some. I really don't want to do all that crap again.

Played a bunch today though with two friends, plowed through the nightfall, weekly and daily and now I have a nice stack of coins and motes for when xur comes back.

I'm curious about doing the raid just to do it but my one friend who is really good at this game said he did it with some guys all 31s and he was 30 and they got to crota but couldn't beat him since he has to be damaged with the sword and killed fast or he engages and just destroys everyone so sounds like this raid is pretty tough.

Also heads up in case you hadn't heard like me, there's a special weapon called the husk of the pit which is a common auto rifle that can drop from blades of crota in the public world, this can be upgraded with an item from eris into a legendary auto rifle and then if you beat crota he drops an item to let you turn it into an exotic.

I dunno if I've seen it as i tend to just instantly scrap green items but now I gotta be on the look out, it's supposed to be a very rare drop but sounds like an interesting item.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 17, 2014 2:41 pm

I'ma gonna be in Iron Banner every chance I git. I like it better than normal control, & still need about 35 marks to get my dead orbit vendor helm. I haven't had a chance to check out any of the new stuff from this DLC, but thanks for the heads up on the AR. Too bad I can't stand ar's, lol Got my Mark of the Devourer perk back on my upgraded Thorn, so now IB3.0's more fun than last time with "accidental" nerf. :rolleyes: Yeah right.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Thu Dec 18, 2014 6:06 pm

So after leveling dead orbit for quite a while now I hit level 13 on his rep and finally got what I wanted when I started, a new shader called revanent. I know he has a few black and white shaders and I finally got it and it's cool.

Also got a hand cannon from him which has decent stats and now I have two crucible commendations and no marks to spend. I really need to play iron banner and earn some marks to buy new weapons but I want to get eris leveled up but it's sooooo slow.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Thu Dec 18, 2014 11:12 pm

Magnuz You're a lucky son of a . . . . Rank 14 myself & still no shader. Venation III (HC), The DO shotty, Scout rifle & Auto rifle were the only weapons I've received pre DLC. Finally got my Dead Orbit helm for all the vendor 33 pieces, & wait & pray for Xur to have my chest piece upgradeable. Also working the final damage ring for Thorn. feels like it's taken longer to re-level this beast, but getting the DoT rocks. I managed R2 IB so far, & am praying to get in some playtime this weekend so I can buy the 331 sniper rifle. Been peeking at the 331 rocket launcher but unsure about the perks, seeing as my current one has active radar & 3 in the tube, which is AWEsome for PvP! No one ever sees the 3rd shot coming.
Akatsuki

Fri Dec 19, 2014 5:21 am

Beat Crota's End! Pretty easy but I was with an experienced group that knew a lot of exploits.

Got a ton of stuff. Raid boots and gauntlets, a fusion rifle, and a shader. Fun stuff. Just need a raid helmet now.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:44 pm

Nice, seems it gives more than the vog since everyone I've seen with raid gear usually has two pieces and weapons. Helmet may be tough I know originally it was only a chance drop on hard mode but they've added it to normal but it's now more likely to drop if you play hard. I've only seen one person with a helmet and it was a warlock. You may end up with a chest and have to look into an exotic helmet.

xur is back and is kind of disappointing since it seems when I'm most prepared to spend on him by having motes and coins stocked up he doesn't have much.

Upgrades for the alpha lupi chests so I upgraded my hunters. Same titan arms from last week no helm of inmost light either new or upgrade so I've kinda given up on it I think I'll stick with skull fort now that I have a black shader anyway.

I bought the new patience and time to replace the old one and the helmet engram which gave me the Mohawk titan helmet for defender I don't like but eh. Finally got my arms from eris so till I level them up I'm back to 30 but they look sweet so it's nice.

Return to “The Coin Slot - Video Games”