Bungie's DESTINY

No, this isn't the place to talk about low riding jeans or butt cream. In the Coin Slot, it's all about video games - PC, console, handheld, and online.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Bungie's DESTINY

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:11 pm

With today's update, Thorn is now a beast. Too bad I got lamed out of maxing it until Friday, because I have no exotics to break down. The patch added three more rounds in the mag for 9, & doubled the stability & reload speed & bumped up the DoT for PvE, & fixed it for PvP (it now does 7 dmg x 6 tics again). Expect some outcry that's it's now "overpowered". However, it's not. It's exactly where it should stand as one of the toughest exotic bounties to complete.
Akatsuki
Fwoosh Armored Division Platoon Leader

Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:39 pm

Awesome news about Thorn. Maybe I will actually use it now. Although I have gotten very comfortable pairing the Vision of Confluence scout rifle with Invective and The Swarm heavy machine gun. Love that combo.

Armamentarium is probably the single best exotic armor for a Titan. It is my standard load out. But sometimes I still use the Alpha Luppi chest plate because of its very high level Intellect stat boost.
Akatsuki

Tue Dec 02, 2014 6:12 am

I don't have Thorn maxed out, but it already is significantly better than it used to be. Range on this thing is similar to a scout rifle.

But my Invective shotgun doesn't seem as effective as it was. Reload speed was increased, but the automatic fire was slowed.
Maximoff
no more subnics

Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:49 pm

Actually beat some of the Raid on hard mode. The gate keepers and Atheon. Best checkpoints to get if you can find someone who already has them. Didn't get anything too exciting in terms of gear. Really just want the raid helmet. I got the sparrow which is nice. My tumbler is more fun though. But it got a couple of my friends good stuff to get to 30 so we'll be better set to take it on again.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:37 am

I was just blessed with the suck of The Universal Remote :D Broke that down & now I'm rocking a maxed out Thorn, with maxed out The Devil You Know, Venation III, & The Last Word in my bank! Sadly, I haven't yet maxed my sniper rifle or rocket launcher. But they'll do for now. Keep in mind, I spend about 60% or more of my time in crucible, haven't raided yet, & am still level 29.
Akatsuki

Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:05 am

I wish there was a permanent way to get level 30 gear by playing Crucible. I just need a chest plate or helmet to pair with my exotics.
Iron YoJimbo
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Fri Dec 05, 2014 6:59 pm

My third girl was born last night at 22:55. Aaliyah Isabella weighing in at 5 pounds 8 ounces, but healthy, & beautiful nonetheless. Just wanted to share the happiness ! :D
Akatsuki

Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:23 pm

Congrats, Iron Yojimbo!! That's wonderful!
Magnuz
Tyrant

Mon Dec 08, 2014 6:49 pm

Well I finally ground my way through the thorn bounty with my titan, third time I've tried it and finally had the weapons to get through the crucible part though it still took a while.

It just reaffirms my problems with crucible these times when I'm forced to go play it, poor matchmaking with no lobbies getting the same map over and over. This morning alone I played rusted lands a total of 6 times 3 of those in a row. Also very tired of hunters just overpowered specials, I managed to kill one blade dancer in a straight face to face but I had to stick him with a grenade which only lowered his shield (usually a one hit kill) and then melee and shotgun him as he came into my bubble, just ridiculous.

I gave thorn to my hunter and started playing with it, I don't use hand cannons but it's not bad it definitely has a better sight picture than normal hand cannons so that's nice. I'm just glad to have it done and now I believe I have done all the exotic bounties.

Ready for the dlc tomorrow.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:15 pm

So played the dlc yesterday. My friend and I plowed through all the missions eris would give us till we unlocked the strike. It is by far the hardest strike ever, even only being lvl 26 it was ridiculous and we played all the story missions on 30 since we are both 29. I can't even imagine doing the nightfall.

As for levels the vanguard has new armor but of course the thing I need the most a chest requires a new monetary item a vanguard commendation acquired for ranking vanguard which I haven't done in forever since I play for dead orbit so now I'm trying to grind out rep. I went ahead and bought legs because with 33 light they will get me to 30 till I get a chest.

I wonder how many people are pissed they grinder through the raid for armor and now can just buy better armor outright. It's kinda lame but I should have expected it and now I have less concern about getting new raid armor as I know the vanguard gear and an upgraded exotic can get you to 31 and it's safe to assume they'll do this same setup for the next dlc so not sure I'm worried about raid gear if it's gonna be moot In the next dlc.
Akatsuki

Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:26 am

A lot of people on the Bungie forum are mad about the fact that new vendor gear is better than raid gear. I don't mind. While vault of glass had fun aspects, it would take so long just to put a party together. And I technically belong to two clans. Just hard to find people without matchmaking to help.

I only got to play one new story mission last night because my basement flooded. Hoping to get to play a lot more tonight.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:10 am

Ya I can see people being upset because it makes playing the raid moot outside of the experience and chances for other stuff.

I finally hit 30 without a single piece of raid gear and still rocking my original vanguard chest with 27 light heh.

I also saw some of the new raid gear and a new exotic all for titan and I'm unimpressed. The titan raid gear i saw was arms and legs and were pretty ugly just looked like old vanguard armor but melted and beat up and no good stats, in fact one pieces only bonus was better agility when using a blades sword pshh. The exotic helmet I saw called glass house was equally ugly mainly because of the turquoise color and it's only perk was longer lasting armor and weapons of light, meh. My helm of inmost light gives me two separate perks from my striker skill tree on top of whatever ones I already choose so this new stuff seems worthless.

This further confirms that I don't see a need to strive for new raid gear to try and hit 32 since it's very likely they'll have better gear when the next dlc hits.

In other news I'm liking the fusion rifle eris gives you its cool to have the ability to switch it from arc to solar damage and I even got one of the new vanguard legendaries from a rare engram but alas it was a fusion rifle with void which is kind of useless but neat I guess.
Akatsuki

Bungie's DESTINY

Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:57 am

Yeah the new legendary Murmur fusion rifle with both solar and arc damage is pretty awesome. Feels very strong. Interesting how the stats change when you switch elemental damage.

I need some commendations. Wish I had known about the commendation system in advance because I just hit a higher rep level in Crucible recently and I have pretty far to go for Vanguard before my next rep rank, too.

I took time before the DLC to level up a Hunter so now I do actually have all three character types: level 29 Titan (both Striker and Defender fully leveled); level 27 Warlock ( Sunsinger); and level 25 Hunter (Gunslinger).

FYI, there is an exploit to solo the first chest in the new raid. Just drop down at the very beginning and turn left at the beginning of the first hallway to the door there. If there is an orange light above the door, that means there is a chest in there. If no orange light, just start over by letting the thralls kill you.

I had to wipe and retry maybe 7-10 times for both my Titan and Warlock, but eventually the chest appeared. Got radiant energy one time and I actually got the new exotic sniper rifle the second time. This sniper is equipped in your primary weapon slot rather than secondary.

Go try it out for an easy exotic.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:16 pm

Ya I saw the post on bungie forums about it and tried it. All 3 characters I got 2 radiant shard with the tita. And 2 radiant energies each with the warlock and hunter. The warlock I didn't even have to wipe it was there when I first dropped then I died after I got it and it was there again but opening a second time I got nothing.

The radiant stuff I know is for raid gear which is one more reason not to grind for it since you will have to grind the raid equally for these new materials just to level the gear and weapons.

I bought boots for my warlock and I plan to start playing all 3 of my characters again to get them all to 30 at least with the vanguard stuff.
Magnuz
Tyrant

Fri Dec 12, 2014 6:03 pm

So xur is back and has a boatload. Only one new exotic some titan arms that look pretty sweet and a bunch of exotic upgrades. I was wondering how the upgrade system would work and thankfully it's easy just have the item and an exotic shard and spend some money and boom.

I upgraded my suros and bought the helmet engram since he didn't have an upgrade for my helm of inmost light, and happily the engram gave me a titan helmet the insurmountable skull fort. With that and finally getting my chest I just have to grind marks till I can buy arms and I'm on the way to 31.

Today started really good with all my success then fell apart with eris' current endless quest string. I bought the urn from xur and then had to go kill 25 thrall with a solar fusion rifle which was easy. Then I had to melee 5 explosive thralls without dying which was not so easy. Then I had to kill 100 acolytes/wizards with void damage which was easy.

Then i got to go back to her and she gave me a new quest, kill a specific named hive in the sky watch during a public event, implying obviously that during an event in the sky watch this dude will show up and kill him so sounds easy.

I went to sky watch and sat for 20 minutes waiting for an event watching the event counter site and while an enemies move against each other happened the event time came and went without one. Eventually another enemy movement happened on top of a blade of crota drop and then out of nowhere the hive dude drops and me and two lvl 30 titans tried taking him down but he's a hyper shielded ultra and was just resisting everything then finally shields broke I supered and grenaded then punched him and he had no health left I went to hit him one last time and he crouched and teleported out the way enemies do when events or other things time out. I was super pissed and I didn't get the job completion and even waiting another 10 minutes for an expected event I got nothing.

Just ridiculous giant waste of my time and from what I've heard this isn't even the last part and I don't know how much more there is but I can't imagine what I get for it is worth this hassle.

Return to “The Coin Slot - Video Games”