Official "Last game you played" Thread

No, this isn't the place to talk about low riding jeans or butt cream. In the Coin Slot, it's all about video games - PC, console, handheld, and online.
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official "Last game you played" Thread

Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:30 am

In case anyone is interested, a demo for Outriders is available on PS4/5 now. It's a futuristic third person(!) looter/shooter apparently. Downloading it now. The demo is supposed to be about 3 hours. Figured I take a break from Cyberpunk.
CO_Alex
Avengers Assemble

Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:20 pm

Still playing Assassin’s Creed Odyssey, but I am on level 53 now and I’ve built up my ship’s offense and defense so I am kicking butt on the open water. My niece and nephew gave me PlayStation gift cards to buy Valhalla, but I’m enjoying Odyssey so much I am waiting to buy Valhalla.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sloth15
Fwoosh!!!!!!!!

Mon Mar 08, 2021 2:12 am

Finished Cyberpunk 2077 this weekend, including a few of the various endings. Despite the rough launch, I really enjoyed this game overall. I guess I had to with 108 hours of time vested in it since starting on launch week. It was a pretty smooth experience overall for me after the first few hot fixes even playing on a base PS4. I haven't had a game killing crash for a long time now. There is one side mission (Two Wrongs Make Us Right) that I cannot complete because the target vehicle doesn't spawn in my game. But that was the worst problem I had.

My favorite aspects of the game were the stealth and hacking options. I thought the stealth worked pretty smooth and consistent and the hacking options once leveled up were kind of OP (at least on Normal difficulty). Weapon combat was good for me too. I really didn't feel a need to upgrade my weapons and gear much in the last third of the game. I focused more on my cyber skills and hacks. I liked the interactions with most characters and enjoyed the different major npc storylines. I really liked the back and forth with Silverhand. Even though he was quite the dick, I still found myself liking the bastard.

There were parts of the game I loathed though. Driving/racing cars (motorcycles were OK) and fist melee bouts. Luckily, the racing and boxing side missions weren't required and I pretty much skipped these. I also didn't use the crafting mechanic much. I think they overdid the amount of side police scanner missions. They probably could have cut these in half as they got to be fairly redundant and felt like padding.

Without getting spoilery, I liked the various endings and the variations on those endings. Of course, some were better than others for me. Be sure to watch the first few minutes of the credits as you will see how the ending affected various characters. Most aren't very significant, but a couple really had an impact I thought. I liked how the various endings played differently and just weren't reskinned versions of the exact same end mission. There are at least two endings that I know of I don't have access to play due to game choices. I'll do another shorter play though with a female V later down the road once the DLCs are out and more improvements made on the game.

I don't know what the DLC plans are for this game, but I really hope at least one is Silverhand-centric. Maybe one from his past with Rogue. Given the different endings, I'm not sure they would do a DLC tied to a specific ending as I don't think one is particularly canon.

So for me, the positives in this game far outweighed the negatives. I enjoyed my time in Night City and dealings with most of the major npcs. I liked the atmosphere as it was different from others I mostly see like wastelands, alien worlds or D&D type game worlds. I was vested in V's storyline and Silverhand's as well and actually cared how it ended.
Neanderthal
Runs Around in Tights

Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:44 am

Still playing KOF 98 and KOF2002. I love these games.

Return to “The Coin Slot - Video Games”