Official "Last game you played" Thread

No, this isn't the place to talk about low riding jeans or butt cream. In the Coin Slot, it's all about video games - PC, console, handheld, and online.
KnightDamien
Exceeds Text and Quote Limits
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official "Last game you played" Thread

Fri Sep 16, 2022 1:09 am

TheSameIdiot wrote: I platinumed Ghost of Tsushima. It's possibly the best Assassin's Creed game. :lol:
Haha.. .yeah, pretty much. Some of it really even feels like an Ubisoft game. Oh look, an enemy camp with nicely spaced enemies all staring at walls. How convenient. The only AC game I even like (and I, in fact, love it) is Odyssey. But that's way more of a straight up action game even than this is. Ghost of Tsushima definitely feels like, especially early on, that it punishes you a bit more for biting off more than you can chew.

TheSameIdiot wrote: Like a few other PlayStation exclusives (namely Spider-Man), I enjoyed it less the more I played it. I'm just over the Ubisoft-style clear-the-map gameplay. The story, setting, and art style are very good, though. And I only have my own OCD to blame for playing it after I lost interest.
I definitely have grown exceedingly tired of the 'collect it all' nonsense. And that had me not wanting to play this game for quite a while because I just don't want to run around and break my immersion by constantly running to pick flowers and pick up stacks of wood that I'm apparently carrying around on my person all the time, just so that I can upgrade my stuff. I'm only a few hours in and I can already tell from running around the map that like.. 20% of this game's 'content' could just be pulled out entirely and it would make the game better.
I can't say enough that I'd like game developers to stop hiding all the cool stuff in games behind hours and hours of endless, boring grinding and scavenger hunts.

TheSameIdiot wrote: I gotta disagree about God of War. GOW 2018 is my favorite game ever and I think the over-the-shoulder camera is the most inspired creative choice in a video game in a long time. The fact that it never "cuts"? Genius. Chef's kiss.
As a fan of Ghost Recon going all the way back to Advanced Warfighter... I like over-the-shoulder just fine. I just think it's done exceptionally poorly in GOW and Tsushima. The camera is just way too close to the character, leaving you with frustrating combat because you can't see even 70% of what the actual character would be able to see. Not to mention that you're blocking off big chunks of this beautifully rendered world by having me stare at the back of my character's head. Just pull the damn camera back a few more feet so I can see what's going on.
lalefi
I wish I had super powers
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: Official "Last game you played" Thread

Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:53 am

I play Return to Monkey Island, A game that immerses you in a fantastic universe, travel the world in search of many mysteries

Return to “The Coin Slot - Video Games”

Recent Topics