The Official Thread of The Fwoosh Team, Vol. 7

No, this isn't the place to talk about low riding jeans or butt cream. In the Coin Slot, it's all about video games - PC, console, handheld, and online.
TheSameIdiot
No...really...EXACTLY the same
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: The Official Thread of The Fwoosh Team, Vol. 7

Thu Dec 02, 2021 5:56 am

Happy to agree to disagree at this point, but I think Halo was in relatively dire straits. Because of reaction time, multiplayer is a young person's game. For Gen Z, Halo was an afterthought. It was an old person's franchise. MCC may have a solid player base, but it didn't come close to Fortnite, Apex Legends, COD, Battlefield, or even Rainbow Six.

Because of the Master Chief Collection's early snafus and Halo 5, which is the worst entry in the series IMO, they had to hit this out of the park. The extra year of development time seems to have paid off. Multiplayer shooters don't get their hooks in me anymore, but this one did. I think this is easily the best Halo game since Halo 3, and it might be better. I'll have to judge based on the campaign. But Halo is in good shape now, and as a huge fan of the franchise, I'm thrilled.
Magnuz
Tyrant
TheFwoosh.com rules: Yes

Re: The Official Thread of The Fwoosh Team, Vol. 7

Thu Dec 02, 2021 7:03 pm

I agree it's not one of the modern popular streamer games, but I dont feel it needed too. I also agree thus multi-player plays great, but it feels like good old halo with some of the newer stuff snuck in(sprint, zooms) but otherwise very classic inspired which I like.

The fact that the didn't come out with it as a free to play battle Royale or even have battle Royale in it shows they are adhering to the classic style and that's all good and not something clearly designed to attract streamer audiences. The games built for halo fans and they will play it.

Which is why the streamer game microtransaction structure is so crappy. In a battle Royale skins and cosmetics are all you have since there's no real structure to the.

This game has classic multi-player leveling but is shoehorned into a modern multi-player pay system that doesn't fit imo.

I do think this game will be a good chance to resolidify halo fan base but it will struggle to steal attention from big ones like fortnite without resorting to a battle Royale for streamers like Apex, and even call of duty did.

Return to “The Coin Slot - Video Games”